Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agreeing With Rodney Harrison????
(10-26-2015, 09:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Like I said, wait until they lay their first egg.

There will threads with so much hate and ridicule, that will make the above thread look timid.

Hey, that's super ThumbsUp

Just reporting how you toook the hit, not weighing the validity of your remarks. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 08:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I could care less about that!  I haven't used foul language, attacked or been disrespectful to any member on here. Outside of that, its all like a video game!
A little while back, there was a thread on these boards about pet peeves.

One of my pet peeves is when people say "I could care less".  It defeats the purpose of what they are trying to say.  Shouldn't it be "I couldn't care less"?....  See?...  It makes a lot more sense that way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hey, that's super ThumbsUp

Just reporting how you toook the hit, not weighing the validity of your remarks. 

Just gave my opinion on what lies ahead for this team. If they were 0-6, it wouldn't have been moved to Smack Talk and I would have been called a 'homer'.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just gave my opinion on what lies ahead for this team. If they were 0-6, it wouldn't have been moved to Smack Talk and I would have been called a 'homer'.

You came off as a Steeler's fan trolling by posing as a Bengals fan.  That's why you got the neg rep.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:16 PM)crispy Wrote: You came off as a Steeler's fan trolling by posing as a Bengals fan.  That's why you got the neg rep.

Many members, last year, could have been seen as a Steelers fan posing as a Bengals fan with all the hate, ridicule, and down right name calling that Dalton got.
Reply/Quote
No matter what people say, the Bengals are playing with a different attitude this year.

On the offense it starts with Dalton. He's a different guy this year and he's no longer panicking and throwing the ball up for grabs in desperation. Instead, he's steady in the pocket and finding the open receivers. He's seeing the opponent's defense well.

On defense Adam Jones set the tone in the first game and laid the wood on the Raiders. He also has been giving the offense some good field position with his returns. The defense steps up when it needs.

It's now time to punch the Steelers in the mouth and knock them down to .500. If they do this it could be a wire to wire lead in the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Like I said, wait until they lay their first egg.

There will threads with so much hate and ridicule, that will make the above thread look timid.

Confused You're the only person on this board I've ever seen with a negative rep.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just gave my opinion on what lies ahead for this team. If they were 0-6, it wouldn't have been moved to Smack Talk and I would have been called a 'homer'.

Dude, I didn't disparage what you said in that thread.  Plenty of others here are doing that for me.  Truth be told, I didn't even read it.  I just told RA how you came to have such a jacked up rep count.  That's all. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esaison can't understand all the bashing.

Anderson saw the playoffs 4 times in 16 years, Esaison twice in 14 years.

They both said, "This kid will probably see his fifth playoff in 5 years! I don't see a problem!"
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Confused You're the only person on this board I've ever seen with a negative rep.

Again, I don't care!

Wait until they lay an egg.

Howdy Doody will be one of the nice things Dalton will be called.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how teams that execute better and more consistently suddenly also have "mental toughness".

Andy Dalton has lead the Bengals from behind to win tough games before.

In 2012 we started the season 3-5 but finished 7-1 including an "elimination games" against the Steelers in late December.

This team has shown "mental toughness" before.  They just have not shown it in the postseason.  and that is a hump we can't get over no matter how many regular season games we win.  People are still going to doubt us until we actually do it.

People said the exact same thing about Matt Ryan and the Falcons.  Over his first four seasons Ryan was putting up better passing numbers than Dalton and also won more games, but he still didn't get any respect until he took Atlanta to the NFC Championship game in his fifth season.  Now, even though he has not had a winning season since 2012, Ryan is generally accepted as one of the best QBs in the league.  He just had to get over that hurdle of winning a post season game.  His passer rating his first four seasons was 88.4, and his passer rating in the three seasons since his playoff win in 2012 is 91.2.  Almost identical.  Yet he is considered a much better QB just because he "proved he could win in the postseason".

I don't think that is a very valid way to judge players.  But I can't deny that it is the way many people do it.
Good Post
(10-26-2015, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is no quit in this team either. They seem to have that WILL that was not there in the past, especially Dalton and the gang.

It is easier to have the WILL if you have the confidence. 
(10-26-2015, 03:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Mental toughness is a part of it, but I still have to credit our scouting department and coaches for bringing in some great talent through the draft and developing that talent. Plus we bring in guys who know how to go about doing things the right way. Call it leadership, mental toughness, or whatever. They've got it. If we stay healthy we could win the Super Bowl this year. Getting Burfict back wouldn't hurt though.

IMO this is what Marvin has been after from the beginning.  He has turned over most of the roster three times trying to get the right players in the locker room.  After 2010 Mike gave him the roster control that he needed. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 12:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Negative!  You wouldn't see them lay eggs during the season, especially big stage games.  These next 3 games will tell the true story.

Negative back at you.... so what you are saying is the crucial games we have won over the last four years against the teams  to make the playoffs were not big games ?  I don;t care if we play at 1,4 or 8... in the end it is the whole package of work.. as for playoffs that as been a disappointment but really I only see the Charger game as the major disappointment since that is the only one at home and possible 2nd game against Houston.  No way we were winning last year at Indy with the team we fielded and Houston was better than us in the 1st playoff season and has a huge home field advantage.

I do believe we are a older , more mature team that is healthy.. that is the big reason... we have proven metal toughness over the 4 years in some crucial games.. if we had not.,, we would never had made the playoffs in probably the toughest division over the past 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:47 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote:  Negative back at you.... so what you are saying is the crucial games we have won over the last four years against the teams  to make the playoffs were not big games ?  I don;t care if we play at 1,4 or 8... in the end it is the whole package of work.. as for playoffs that as been a disappointment but really I only see the Charger game as the major disappointment since that is the only one at home and possible 2nd game against Houston.  No way we were winning last year at Indy with the team we fielded and Houston was better than us in the 1st playoff season and has a huge home field advantage.

I do believe we are a older , more mature team that is healthy.. that is the big reason... we have proven metal toughness over the 4 years in some crucial games.. if we had not.,, we would never had made the playoffs in probably the toughest division over the past 4 years.

What I am saying is, they struggle with big stage games.  (When they play a game that's nationally televised, with no other game being played at that time: Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night, and all playoff games)

They had 4 in 2013, 3 during the season, one playoff game, and they won one.

They had 5 last year, 4 regular season and one playoff game and won one.

They had one primetime pre-season game this year, against Tampa, and looked horrible.

It is a monkey that can be removed, and history rewritten this year, OR, the beat goes on.

Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What I am saying is, they struggle with big stage games.  (When they play a game that's nationally televised, with no other game being played at that time: Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night, and all playoff games)

They had one primetime pre-season game this year, against Tampa, and looked horrible.

It is a monkey that can be removed, and history rewritten this year, OR, the beat goes on.

Time will tell.

Bro, I've been here for 40 years. If you think you're enlightening anybody on here........ummmmm

Oh ok, on second thought you convinced me. I'm outta here man. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What I am saying is, they struggle with big stage games.  (When they play a game that's nationally televised, with no other game being played at that time: Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night, and all playoff games)

Time will tell
Here is a list of  good teams  that the Bengals have beaten in last 4 years.. i believe the NFL says a win is a win.. i don;t think they give extra bonus for winning at night and if you are throwing in a pre season game.. that is so funny i don't know what to say. So are you saying that if a team loses to shit teams at 1 pm but beats good teams at 8 pm.. that means they are a better team ?  I understand the frustration on losing on a prime time game but i could care less if this year we go 12-4 and our four loses are to cleveland, houston , denver and 49ers in prime time.. that also means we  went 6-0 in our division and won the division... 
Quality Teams we beat during that season
Steelers
Ravens
Packers
Patriots
Seahawks
Broncos
San Diego
Chiefs
Colts
Giants
Lions
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:36 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Here is a list of  good teams  that the Bengals have beaten in last 4 years.. i believe the NFL says a win is a win.. i don;t think they give extra bonus for winning at night and if you are throwing in a pre season game.. that is so funny i don't know what to say. So are you saying that if a team loses to shit teams at 1 pm but beats good teams at 8 pm.. that means they are a better team ?  I understand the frustration on losing on a prime time game but i could care less if this year we go 12-4 and our four loses are to cleveland, houston , denver and 49ers in prime time.. that also means we  went 6-0 in our division and won the division... 
Quality Teams we beat during that season
Steelers
Ravens
Packers
Patriots
Seahawks
Broncos
San Diego
Chiefs
Colts
Giants
Lions

If you can't see this then there is nothing more I can say. It is what it is.

Ive been watching this team since Nippert Stadium.  There are certain monkeys this franchise has on their backs, that have nothing to do with Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
BOTTOM LINE: They are 5-13 in playoff games. The 5 wins, all at home.

Nine of the 13 losses are away games.

Until, they can get over the big stage game fright, they will continue to falter.

So, if they go 12-4, and their 4 losses are the big stage games where they poop their pants like Cleveland last year, and do the same thing in the big stage playoff game, you wouldn't you consider that a monkey on their backs after 47 years of the same pattern, when you have 21 year old franchises, like the Jaguars who are 5-6 in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If you can't see this then there is nothing more I can say. It is what it is.

Ive been watching this team since Nippert Stadium.  There are certain monkeys this franchise has on their backs, that have nothing to do with Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton.

and if you can't understand the nature of a football season.. guess you been watching football wrong since nippert.. so i can't help you either.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: BOTTOM LINE:  They are 5-13 in playoff games. The 5 wins, all at home.

Nine of the 13 losses are away games.

Until, they can get over the big stage game fright, they will continue to falter.

So, if they go 12-4, and their 4 losses are the big stage games where they poop their pants like Cleveland last year, and do the same thing in the big stage playoff game, you wouldn't you consider that a monkey on their backs after 47 years of the same pattern, when you have 21 year old franchises, like the Jaguars who are 5-6 in the playoffs?
so you really think the players on team today... know that we lost to the raiders in 1975-76 playoffs and if they do, that should really result in them playing bad in a playoff game/... with that logic should they also know that we have made two super bowls.. how many teams in the league have not made two super bowls ?? so should those teams if they get to the playoffs just throw in the towel due to the past.. sorry  just like when people said, we have never won in Oakland.. do you really think that mattered to these players who had not played a game in oakland... nope.. and we won in oakland
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:03 AM)Anderson HOF Wrote: and if you can't understand the nature of a football season.. guess you been watching football wrong since nippert.. so i can't help you either.

Unless history is rewritten this year, and I truly hope that hppens, we'll be watching other teams play from mid January until February, with the Dalton haters having another love fest in here.
Reply/Quote