Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahhh snap. Some Bengal love
https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp/nfl/news/nfl-picks-predictions-week-1-buccaneers-cowboys-chiefs-browns/1em9t5732nppy10w5kbetlyjqg

Upset of the Week: Bengals over Vikings (-3, 48 o/u)

Sunday 1 p.m. ET
The Vikings are overrated going into the season. The Bengals are underrated. Joe Burrow should be back to lift Cincinnati in the home opener, also helping former LSU teammate Ja'Marr Chase shaky off some preseason issues. Both defenses have some talent, but there also are transitional aspects and lingering weaknesses. The Vikings will try to run often and win with Dalvin Cook, but this will turn into a sneaky shootout with Burrow spreading the field well and out-dueling Kirk Cousins.
Pick: Bengals win 27-24. Over and Bengals cover.
Reply/Quote
Are the vikings overrated? They went 7-9 last year and Kirk Cousins is a well known fraud as a starting QB and his covid comments have been all anyone had talked about as of late.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the vikings overrated? They went 7-9 last year and Kirk Cousins is a well known fraud as a starting QB and his covid comments have been all anyone had talked about as of late.

Fraudulent QB, fraudulent virologist, fraudulent teeth, fraudulent head coach.... So many storylines in this week 1 matchup.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I got season tickets this year.... driving from Philly. I can't wait for the game
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 07:04 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I got season tickets this year.... driving from Philly. I can't wait for the game

That’s some dedication. Nice dude, Who Dey?!
Reply/Quote
The Vikes will be beat by our boys.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Vikes will be beat by our boys.

Yep. And I don’t think it will be as close as many anticipate.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 09:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. And I don’t think it will be as close as many anticipate.

I hope our D plays good enough this year that all the games are not nail biters and come down to the last drive of the game.
Reply/Quote
The first 4 games are all winnable games and will be a great gauge for the rest of the season. If the Bengals can go 3-1 or possibly 4-0 CONVINCINGLY I would be very comfortable with the Packers coming into PBS for game 5.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 05:29 PM)jason Wrote: Fraudulent QB, fraudulent virologist, fraudulent teeth, fraudulent head coach.... So many storylines in this week 1 matchup.

Mike Zimmer isn't that bad
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote: The first 4 games are all winnable games and will be a great gauge for the rest of the season. If the Bengals can go 3-1 or possibly 4-0 CONVINCINGLY I would be very comfortable with the Packers coming into PBS for game 5.

I think our first team offense needed a lot more reps with our starting QB before the opener to get in sync. Worried it will be several games in before they get things going, and they will have wasted all these winnable games at the beginning of they year and we have another lost season where they're out of it 5 or 6 games in 
Reply/Quote
If we can beat the Vikings, and I think we will, we have a chance to go one game up on the stoolers because I suspect Buffalo will beat them.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we can beat the Vikings, and I think we will, we have a chance to go one game up on the stoolers because I suspect Buffalo will beat them.
 Yeah and Cleveland plays at KC and Baltimore plays at Las Vegas which that one I would expect Baltimore to win but you never know. It wouldn't hold up but leading the div even early would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:17 PM)Mobster Wrote: Mike Zimmer isn't that bad

Not that bad? I would trade Zac Taylor for Mike Zimmer in a femtosecond.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:17 PM)Mobster Wrote: Mike Zimmer isn't that bad

Just been very inconsistent year to year and reminds me of Marvin especially  in playoffs
Reply/Quote
Where is all this confidence coming from?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 04:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just been very inconsistent year to year and reminds me of Marvin especially  in playoffs

Well, his defenses sucked in the playoffs when he was in Cincy 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Where is all this confidence coming from?

Haven't you heard? These first four weeks are super winnable. I hope everybody that's saying that are right, I just don't get why they're saying it. Three of the four were much better than us last year, and Jacksonville isn't the same team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 04:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just been very inconsistent year to year and reminds me of Marvin especially  in playoffs

?

They won a playoff game with Case Keenum at QB, they won a playoff game with Kirk Cousins at QB, and they were a missed 27 yard FG away from winning a playoff game with Teddy Bridgewater.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 10:22 PM)jason Wrote: Haven't you heard? These first four weeks are super winnable. I hope everybody that's saying that are right, I just don't get why they're saying it. Three of the four were much better than us last year, and Jacksonville isn't the same team.

You wanna get a real laugh look at some Facebook fans' predictions.

11-6 regular season and records similar to it.

I just don't get this confidence in the team at all.

They've made some additions, but there are so many question marks to go along with not much change in coaching besides Pollack.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote