Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Airing it Out" in Sirius
Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss both picked Chicago. Funny thing is, Weiss said he expects a QB change in the game. So what he is basically saying, is Dalton is going to suck and Fields will be brought in to replace him. Now, I can seem them picking Da' Bears if Good Andy shows up and gets the ball out quick, but if he is struggling because of coverage, and the bring Fields in, the D-line is gonna eat. Ah, such is life with the Bengals... no respect. Of course both these comedians picked Minnesota last week as well.
Reply/Quote
This team has historically not done well against rookie QBs, so for that reason alone I'd be less confident if Fields got the start (or replaced Dalton fairly early on).

I have no worries about Andy Dalton, especially if our defensive line plays the way it did last week.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I have been listening to this since the season started and they just gloss over us. I like that actually. Nobody is watching for us. Let them think we are still last year's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss both picked Chicago. Funny thing is, Weiss said he expects a QB change in the game. So what he is basically saying, is Dalton is going to suck and Fields will be brought in to replace him. Now, I can seem them picking Da' Bears if Good Andy shows up and gets the ball out quick, but if he is struggling because of coverage, and the bring Fields in, the D-line is gonna eat. Ah, such is life with the Bengals... no respect. Of course both these comedians picked Minnesota last week as well.

Good.
Reply/Quote
Pickwatch compiles hundreds of straight up picks and 57% of them have us going into Chicago and winning. Hard to say that no one thinks we can do this when most people think we will.

https://nflpickwatch.com/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pickwatch compiles hundreds of straight up picks and 57% of them have us going into Chicago and winning.  Hard to say that no one thinks we can do this when most people think we will.

https://nflpickwatch.com/

And I have heard different analyst pick the Bears just because they are at home.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't worry about it Sled. The narrative of how the Bengals will fail has been changed a couple times this early season. Bengals can go 4-0 and still be underdogs. Winning will change the national perception but I am okay with Bengals under the radar at this point. Burrow will only get better as he feels more comfortable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 01:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This team has historically not done well against rookie QBs, so for that reason alone I'd be less confident if Fields got the start (or replaced Dalton fairly early on).

I have no worries about Andy Dalton, especially if our defensive line plays the way it did last week.

I agree.   I am wary of our record against rookie QBs.   Historically, we've made them look better then they are at that stage of their career.  

Fields is also a mobile QB, so the front seven will need to play solid,fundamentally sound football and stick to their assignments.   Otherwise, Fields could hurt us with his running as well as his arm.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it Sled.  The narrative of how the Bengals will fail has been changed a couple times this early season.  Bengals can go 4-0 and still be underdogs.  Winning will change the national perception but I am okay with Bengals under the radar at this point.  Burrow will only get better as he feels more comfortable.

Oh, I'm not worried about it, I just find it funny that Weiss evidently thinks Dalton will struggle enough to get pulled, but we still lose. Doesn't make much sense, but I love it when the team makes them look like idiots with their picks.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it Sled.  The narrative of how the Bengals will fail has been changed a couple times this early season.  Bengals can go 4-0 and still be underdogs.  Winning will change the national perception but I am okay with Bengals under the radar at this point.  Burrow will only get better as he feels more comfortable.

We are 1-0 and we are being picked 57% to 43% to go into Chicago and beat them in their home opener.  Are we just going to sit here and continue to talk about how no one thinks we can win?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 01:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been listening to this since the season started and they just gloss over us. I like that actually. Nobody is watching for us. Let them think we are still last year's Bengals.

Media personnel and Coaches are very different i doubt the bears are looking past us themselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Media personnel and Coaches are very different i doubt the bears are looking past us themselves.

If the Bengals are anything like this message board I"d wager they're already thinking about being 2-0 and playing the Steelers. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I have heard different analyst pick the Bears just because they are at home.

we saw just this past week how home field can make a difference.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Media personnel and Coaches are very different i doubt the bears are looking past us themselves.

I agree with that
Reply/Quote
I dont think they are going to pull Dalton after one and a half games unless we are just blowing them up in every way. I dont see that happening either. Bears have a good defense, so it will be a good test for our offense.

Andy didnt play horrible last week against the Rams, he just played...Andy..
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We are 1-0 and we are being picked 57% to 43% to go into Chicago and beat them in their home opener.  Are we just going to sit here and continue to talk about how no one thinks we can win?

I don't know about "no one," I was just talking about Bob and Charlie.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss both picked Chicago. Funny thing is, Weiss said he expects a QB change in the game. So what he is basically saying, is Dalton is going to suck and Fields will be brought in to replace him. Now, I can seem them picking Da' Bears if Good Andy shows up and gets the ball out quick, but if he is struggling because of coverage, and the bring Fields in, the D-line is gonna eat. Ah, such is life with the Bengals... no respect. Of course both these comedians picked Minnesota last week as well.

If Justin Fields becomes an elite QB in the NFL, he'd be the first QB drafted from Ohio St to ever do so.
So basically, I'm not worried about Fields in the NFL lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Bengals are anything like this message board I"d wager they're already thinking about being 2-0 and playing the Steelers. 

and then becoming 3-0

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Justin Fields becomes an elite QB in the NFL, he'd be the first QB drafted from Ohio St to ever do so.

Guessing Burrow is not considered an Ohio State product since he left for LSU and a National Championship 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Justin Fields becomes an elite QB in the NFL, he'd be the first QB drafted from Ohio St to ever do so.

its gonna happen eventually.
Reply/Quote