Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary
(11-14-2017, 02:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should be looked at and once he facts come out then we move forward with what is appropriate.

Facts are out there.  Women with nothing to gain told their stories.  Moore denies them, kind of.

When will it be appropriate? After the elections so he can be kicked out of office...for the third time?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 23518992_2116316658379301_57094312684854...e=5AABBCA6]

Edit: To be clear Moore admitted there was rape...he just disagreed with how the law was worded and therefore didn't want to "create a new law" just because there was a child involved. See?
(11-14-2017, 02:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Facts are out there.  Women with nothing to gain told their stories.  Moore denies them, kind of.

When will it be appropriate? After the elections so he can be kicked out of office...for the third time?

Nothing to gain but these same women have pro Hillary stuff all over their social media. They also have loads of anti trump stuff as welll. Which all got mysteriously removed once the allegations got out.

This makes me question some of this stuff. Feels motivated by politics and not justice.
(11-14-2017, 02:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nothing to gain but these same women have pro Hillary stuff all over their social media.   They also have loads of anti trump stuff as welll.    Which all got mysteriously removed once the allegations got out.    

This makes me question some of this stuff.   Feels motivated by politics and not justice.

So you saw all of their social media before it got removed.  Right.

Just admit it's because he's a Republican.  That would be much better for everyone involved.
(11-14-2017, 02:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nothing to gain but these same women have pro Hillary stuff all over their social media.   They also have loads of anti trump stuff as welll.    Which all got mysteriously removed once the allegations got out.    

This makes me question some of this stuff.   Feels motivated by politics and not justice.

So, you believe the women probably all lied because they are pro Hillary or anti Roy Moore. Everyday women, unpolitical or even claiming they voted for Trump (sure, another lie probably) likely just go public with made up stories to hurt Roy Moore for their liberal minds are so afraid of Roy Moore removing a swamp creature or for whatever reason.

Partisanship really knows no boundaries. For you, that is. More reasonable people might have political opinions, but they don't put their life and reputation on the line for Hillary. That's... just astonishing you really publicly imply they invent that stories because they are liberals. How can you not be embarrassed.

Also, how would you know about stuff that got mysteriously removed. Removed means it's gone and you can't see it, right? Did you follow these women before their allegations?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-14-2017, 02:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you saw all of their social media before it got removed.  Right.

Just admit it's because he's a Republican.  That would be much better for everyone involved.

Being a republican has nothing to do with it. He is anti establishment which is a direct threat to the uniparty. Too many red flags on this stuff to just go with it. Not like spacey or Weinstein.
(11-14-2017, 02:42 AM)hollodero Wrote: So, you believe the women probably all lied because they are pro Hillary or anti Roy Moore. Everyday women, unpolitical or even claiming they voted for Trump (sure, another lie probably) likely just go public with made up stories to hurt Roy Moore for their liberal minds are so afraid of Roy Moore removing a swamp creature or for whatever reason.

Partisanship really knows no boundaries. For you, that is. More reasonable people might have political opinions, but they don't put their life and reputation on the line for Hillary. That's... just astonishing you really publicly imply they invent that stories because they are liberals. How can you not be embarrassed.

Also, how would you know about stuff that got mysteriously removed. Removed means it's gone and you can't see it, right? Did you follow these women before their allegations?

I didn’t say they lied. I just said it deserves some vetting. Some things do not match up.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/10/roy-moores-accuser-did-work-for-joe-biden-other-democrats/

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/11/10/alabama-accuser-deletes-anti-moore-postings-facebook-rants-removing-trump-office/

On Moore accuser political positions
(11-14-2017, 02:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I didn’t say they lied.   I just said it deserves some vetting.   Some things do not match up.

You pretty much imply it. You said it feels politically motivated and mentioned the pro Hillary stuff on the women's social media pages. There's no doubt why you mentioned that or which direction your thoughts take here. So don't even start with this "I didn't say that" BS. If you want to backpedal, what I would recommend, do it properly - or flat out say what you imply.

And it's Roy Moore who deserves the vetting now, even and especially from his own side. Instead you reference deleted ominous pro Hillary posts you couldn't have seen if what you said were true... yeah great way to not say stuff.
Kudos to the Republican establishment for condemning Moore's actions (alleged). This is the kind of decency before political affiliation that I would love to see from all elected officials; however, that is not always the case.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

If Moore wins and is expelled, he will have been kicked out of two of three branches and levels of government. Now he just needs to become mayor and get kicked out of office to hit the cycle.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-14-2017, 02:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a republican has nothing to do with it.   He is anti establishment which is a direct threat to the uniparty.   Too many red flags on this stuff to just go with it.   Not like spacey or Weinstein.

He's also an (alleged) pervert and (perhaps) pedophile.  

But hey..."uniparty".

Is there a special box where you keep your morals and ethics while making these kind of decisions so you can use them later?
(11-14-2017, 02:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/10/roy-moores-accuser-did-work-for-joe-biden-other-democrats/

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/11/10/alabama-accuser-deletes-anti-moore-postings-facebook-rants-removing-trump-office/

On Moore accuser political positions

I thought it wasn't about being Republican?

This isn't about politics...it's about a 70 year old (who shouldn't be running for office anyway) who was already kicked out of office (twice) who has multiple accusations of sexual harassment (with minors) who hasn't denied that he dated minors (when he was in his 30's).

Their politics be damned.  It's about decency.  Of which Moore supporters seem to have none.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html

Quote:Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret

Roy Moore's penchant for flirting with teen girls was "common knowledge" and "not a big secret" around Gadsden, according to some area residents.

The Senate candidate has denied any wrongdoing in the wake of a report from The Washington Post in which four women accused Moore of inappropriate advances - and in one instance, a sexual encounter - toward them when they were teens and he was in his early 30s.

One of the four women claims she was 14 at the time, making her the only one whose claim would represent a legal violation. Moore has said he never met her. A fifth woman came forward this afternoon.

Moore and other Republican leaders have questioned why it took so long for his accusers, now in their 50s, to come forward publicly.

And yet people who lived in Etowah County during that time have said Moore's flirting with and dating much younger women and girls was no secret.

"These stories have been going around this town for 30 years," said Blake Usry, who grew up in the area and lives in Gadsden. "Nobody could believe they hadn't come out yet."

Usry, a traveling nurse, said he knew several of the girls that Moore tried to flirt with.

"It's not a big secret in this town about Roy Moore," he said. "That's why it's sort of frustrating to watch" the public disbelieve the women who have come forward, he said.

The Mall
Colleagues and others who knew Moore told the Washington Post that he often walked alone around the Gadsden Mall.

The mall opened to great fanfare in 1974, anchored by department stores like Pizitz, Belk Hudson and Sears. It had a movie theater, lounge, drug store and restaurants including Morrison's Cafeteria.

It soon became a popular local hangout, especially for teenagers.

Wendy Miller told The Post that she was 14 and working as Santa's helper at the Gadsden Mall in 1977 when Moore first spoke with her and told her she looked pretty. Two years later, when she was 16, he asked her out on dates, although her mother wouldn't let her go.

Usry, who was a teenager at the time, remembers seeing Moore at the mall often.

"He would go and flirt with all the young girls," he said. "It'd seem like every Friday or Saturday night (you'd see him) walking around the mall, like the kids did."

Jason Nelms, who now lives in Tennessee but grew up in nearby Southside, was a regular at the mall when he was a teenager. 

He recalled being told by a mall employee that they kept watch for an older guy who was known to pick up younger girls.

Nelms said he was told later by a concession worker at the mall that it was Roy Moore.
The Gadsden Mall. (Wikimedia Creative Commons, Mike Kalasnik)

Greg Legat worked at the Record Bar, a music store near Sears in the mall, from 1981-1985. The store was just down from the back entrance of the mall, near the three-screen Mall Theatre. It was a popular place for parents dropping off their teens in the evenings and on weekends.
Legat, now 59, said an off-duty Gadsden police officer named J.D. Thomas told him about various people he should look out for when he was working. This was around 1981, and Thomas worked security at the mall. 
One of the people was a pickpocket, he said, while another was someone prone to pick fights.
One was Roy Moore.
"I asked him, 'What did he do?'" Legat recalled. "He said, 'If you see him, let me know. I'll take care of it.'"

'Common knowledge'
Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

On Monday, Beverly Young Nelson became the fifth accuser to come forward against Moore. During a press conference, she said she was a 16-year-old waitress at the Old Hickory House restaurant in Gadsden when Moore sexually assaulted her in his car. He was in his early 30s at the time, she said, and the district attorney of Etowah County.

Another former waitress, Victoria Beverstock, told AL.com today that she was 20 years old and working at The Poor House restaurant in 1992 when Moore came in a few times a week to eat and do paperwork.

She said he made her and the other waitresses uncomfortable by staring at them and flirting.

"He watched us girls quite openly," said Beverstock. "His eyes crawled over our shirts and our backsides. He was so open about it that I would try and handle his order as quickly as possible.

"When you didn't smile and flirt back with him, give him an opening, he became rude and demanding," she said.

Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took to Twitter on Friday to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. 
"I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

She later told CNN that Moore often went to local high school events and other hangouts: "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."

Tony Hathcock is a photographer in Gadsden who told CBS News that he's known Corfman well for five years and believes her. They are both very conservative Republican voters, he said, and both voted for Trump. He said she had nothing to gain from speaking out, but felt safe speaking out now because her children are now adults.

He said that growing up in Gadsden, he'd heard rumors about Moore. Last week, he posted on Facebook a defense of Corfman. He said that even as a middle-schooler in Gadsden he'd heard stories from people he knew about Moore's behavior making them uncomfortable.

But maybe they ALL worked on Biden's campaign....right?
The Daily Caller on three of Moore's accusers being Republican: http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/13/three-roy-moore-accusers-are-republican-women/
(11-14-2017, 03:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: You pretty much imply it. You said it feels politically motivated and mentioned the pro Hillary stuff on the women's social media pages. There's no doubt why you mentioned that or which direction your thoughts take here. So don't even start with this "I didn't say that" BS. If you want to backpedal, what I would recommend, do it properly - or flat out say what you imply.

And it's Roy Moore who deserves the vetting now, even and especially from his own side. Instead you reference deleted ominous pro Hillary posts you couldn't have seen if what you said were true... yeah great way to not say stuff.

I didn’t imply anything.

I said these allegations are a horrible situation. They need vetted.

The first accuser was heavily involved in democrat politics and suddenly removed her social media posts about anti trump and pro Hillary right after she made the allegations and a story was ran. Why delete that stuff? I could see deleting personal things like photos and such. But why only remove the stuff that doesn’t matter.
(11-14-2017, 02:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a republican has nothing to do with it.   He is anti establishment which is a direct threat to the uniparty.   Too many red flags on this stuff to just go with it.   Not like spacey or Weinstein.

He's anti-establishment in the same way Trump is anti-establishment. IE, he isn't, he just isn't as predictable as industries would like. He's a sexual predator masquerading as a Christian Conservative.
[Image: ylsxkf5.jpg]

(11-14-2017, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html

But maybe they ALL worked on Biden's campaign....right?

What a creep

(11-14-2017, 10:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I didn’t imply anything.  

I said these allegations are a horrible situation.   They need vetted.  

No no no no no. You didn't say "horrible situation". You said, again, that it feels politically motivated and went straight to the accusers' political views. That's not saying horrible situation, that's also not a "I didn't imply anything", that's saying the accusers are not credible. Why even beat around the bush now instead of simply not bringing up that nonsense in the first place.

(11-14-2017, 10:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The first accuser was  heavily involved in democrat politics and suddenly removed her social media posts about anti trump and pro Hillary right after she made the allegations and a story was ran.    Why delete that stuff?   I could see deleting personal things like photos and such.   But why only remove the stuff that doesn’t matter.

And here you go again, attacking the accuser's credibility because she might hold liberal views. First, deleting "that stuff" makes perfect sense, you see with your own eyes what Breitbart makes of those things. If a pro-Hillary meme of hers was to be found online, they would immediately imply all these women were political hacks and rally up the mob against them. Proof they would do that? They also do that right now. Whatever implies to the simpletons on the Breitbart board that this is all a liberal or establishment dirty trick gets a mention, and they willingly swallow it up as desired.
You wouldn't want to be exposed to that kind of scrutiny. It's tough enough for them already without the public discussing their political stances.

Second, here's the reaction basic decency demands:

(11-14-2017, 08:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kudos to the Republican establishment for condemning Moore's actions (alleged). This is the kind of decency before political affiliation that I would love to see from all elected officials

Plain and simple.
How can you not bring yourself to be on the side of basic decency, even if decency probably might be called an establishment thing. You still could join bfine and others close to your side, it's not too late.
There's also nothing inherently wrong with being anti-establishment, but do you really need to get behing people who are highly suspicious of being child molesters in expressing that stance. And by all accouts, he is highly suspicious, even he himself couldn't give a clear cut defense when talking to the most friendly interviewer he could get. What he stutters on Hannity is astonishing and should be even enough for you. He "doesn't remember" if he dated underage girls? But he "usually asked permission of their mother"? I mean, come on.