Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Cappa Jersey #
(06-17-2022, 05:59 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: because i'm rooting for the guy who hasn't been linked to sexual assault.

If that's why, you should just want Carman to be kicked off the team.

But from the actual article that this story came out from, it says...
Quote:After a five-month investigation by Clemson police, the county solicitor determined there wasn’t sufficient evidence to charge Carman

https://defector.com/what-did-the-bengals-know-about-jackson-carman/

Do you root for Joe Mixon, who on camera punched a woman in the face? Or do you want him off the team too?
That was more than just an accusation, unlike Carman's situation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that's why, you should just want Carman to be kicked off the team.

But from the actual article that this story came out from, it says...

https://defector.com/what-did-the-bengals-know-about-jackson-carman/

Do you root for Joe Mixon, who on camera punched a woman in the face? Or do you root for him on Sundays?
That was more than just an accusation, unlike Carman's situation.

just because carman wasn't charged doesn't mean he's innocent. see deshaun watson. i wish he wasn't on the team.

i never wanted mixon. peice of shit that just like pacman. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:18 PM)Mer Wrote: He voted for Biden!? 

hell no. that guy is just trying to derail the thread.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: just because carman wasn't charged doesn't mean he's innocent. see deshaun watson. i wish he wasn't on the team.

That's fair. But we don't know for sure.

I do think it's somewhat different between Carman and Watson though.
1 incident vs now dozens of accusations for Watson.

I'm sure NFL has looked or is looking into Carman's accusation. If they feel there is enough to suspend, they would. They've suspended players for far less.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
what's the latest on cappas injury?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair. But we don't know for sure.

I do think it's somewhat different between Carman and Watson though.
1 incident vs now dozens of accusations for Watson.

I'm sure NFL has looked or is looking into Carman's accusation. If they feel there is enough to suspend, they would. They've suspended players for far less.

for the teams sake i hope there's nothing to it.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: just because carman wasn't charged doesn't mean he's innocent. 

Interesting.

What makes you think Carman is guilty?

Or do you just automatically assume every claim is true?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:04 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: for the teams sake i hope there's nothing to it.

This happened years ago.  The league has known about it ever since we selected Carman.  Nothing is going to happen over it.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting.

What makes you think Carman is guilty?

Or do you just automatically assume every claim is true?

the fact clemson didn't want to share info with nfl teams wasn't a great sign. plus he admitted to having sex with a 15 year old. even in the best light he's a sick creepy mfer.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:55 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: hell no. that guy is just trying to derail the thread.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does the truth hurt?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does the truth hurt?

huh
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:51 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: huh

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761104936267d1e0ffd192...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761104936267d1e0ffd192...y.gif&ct=g]

you wink at other guys? hey you do you chief lol
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the fact clemson didn't want to share info with nfl teams wasn't a great sign. plus he admitted to having sex with a 15 year old. even in the best light he's a sick creepy mfer.

15 years old is legal age to marry in many states.  A three year age difference when he was still a teenager himself is nothing.

Clemson had no info that was not available to the league from law enforcement or other sources.  The investigation was done by the police, nit the University.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Larry is in line to come back once the deadline to negotiate a deal with Bates passes. Essentially they are keeping flexibility to get a deal done, Bengals may want to actually increase his year 1 cap hit via salary as a "guarantee" without having to actually do a lot of guaranteed money to protect them on the back end. Once they can no longer deal with Bates I think another move or two may get done to leverage cap space available this year.

This post gives this thread hope.  I think you're right that priority 1 is Bates, especially in light of the few players they can realistically negotiate with in house and the holding pattern with UFAs.  

I hope that a smaller annual than Fitzpatrick but a bigger 1st year bonus and short term deal gets it done, but more likely the deadline passes.  There will be guys that will sit and wait for big injuries to occur to gain more PT and a few more guaranteed dollars out of need.  I think it speaks volumes that the jersey situation is fluid and they had no problem giving up a guy like Spain's number.  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:01 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what's the latest on cappas injury?

No new update. It’s a minor core injury that kept him out of OTAS but he is expected to be ready for training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: just because carman wasn't charged doesn't mean he's innocent. see deshaun watson. i wish he wasn't on the team.

Pac-Man and Mixon are not equivalent. Adam Jones is a binge drinker who becomes a mean drunk with a quick trigger. This is an ongoing problem that will likely continue until he gets rid of the booze permanently.

Joe Mixon, was a day past his 18th birthday, when he did something really really stupid. And that was to lash out physically after the girl struck him. There were no reports of him ever doing something like that before that incident and none in the almost 8 years since then. He is well liked in the locker room, the coaches talk about his professionalism, we’ve all seen his enthusiasm. He interacts well with fans and most especially children. He has grown up. He can’t go back in time to change that day but he has done everything to not have a repeat of it. It is what we hope every youthful offender gets a chance to do. One bad incident does not make one a “piece of shit”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: big fan of the karras and cappa signings. collins not so much. hope volson beats out carman too.

(06-17-2022, 06:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: just because carman wasn't charged doesn't mean he's innocent. see deshaun watson. i wish he wasn't on the team.

Interesting takes.  Collins is the best lineman we have on the team - doesnt say much for your football knowledge IQ.

A young 18 yr old Carmen had sex with a 15 yr old before he ever played a down at Clemson, like thousands of HS seniors and sophomores across the country every single year thus why it isnt illegal.

Judging people off one story written years later that hasnt been fact checked is another great look for you.  Carmen himself spoke with NFL teams via Clemson.

Volson spent the last 6 years blocking 240 pound dlinemen in a low level conference.  If he comes in and starts that isnt a good sign. Carmen needs to be ready in his 2nd year.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:35 AM)pally Wrote: Pac-Man and Mixon are not equivalent.  Adam Jones is a binge drinker who becomes  a mean drunk with a quick trigger. This is an ongoing problem that will likely continue until he gets rid of the booze permanently.

Joe Mixon, was a day past his 18th birthday, when he did something really really stupid. And that was to lash out physically after the girl struck him.  There were no reports of him ever doing something like that before that incident and none in the almost 8 years since then.  He is well liked in the locker room, the coaches talk about his professionalism, we’ve all seen his enthusiasm.  He interacts well with fans and most especially children. He has grown up. He can’t go back in time to change that day but he has done everything to not have a repeat of it.  It is what we hope every youthful offender gets a chance to do.  One bad incident does not make one a “piece of shit”

I am not condoning what Mixon did in any way.  But I don't condemn a person for their entire life for something he did as a teenager.  Also it was not a planned crime like a robbery or drug deal.  It was a fit of immature violence.  As far as I know Mixon has been a model citizen and teammate since becoming a Bengal.  

Adam Jones, on the other hand, was in constant trouble and hung out with other trouble makers.  I was amazed that he was able to get his shit together long enough to give us some good seasons.  When we signed him I guaranteed he would screw up quickly.  I was wrong, but he did continue to have problems when drinking well into his 30's.

Frostee Rucker was also labeled as a "sexual predator" based on allegations similar to Carmans.  Rucker was also a model citizen and teammate as long as he was here.  
Reply/Quote

Hey brother, that vid of Mixon was terrible but he has become a good man since he has became a Bengal.

God don't care who you were he cares who you are. Mixon is a good man, Pacman? IDK...

Mixon made one terrible mistake Pacman has made like 149. Mellow
Reply/Quote