Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Leatherwood
So I gotta wonder if his issues are scheme related, talent related, or “want-to” related (if that makes any sense). Hard to believe a first round guy out of Alabama, who I thought produced pro-ready lineman pretty regularly, is cut after one year!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know D'Ante Smith has better hands. I can't stress enough how bad Alex Leatherwoods hands are... and inside at guard or outside at tackle hands are hands.

Does it matter what your hands are like if he can't stay healthy enough to get on the field? Smith went on IR in 2021, missed 2020 with injury, used his medical redshirt earlier. He has been dealing with a back problem for the entire month this year.

Leatherwood still has the talent somewhere in him that made him a unanimous All-American and 2x 1st team All-SEC and projected 1st/2nd round pick. Let Frank Pollack live up to the hype that people were giving his return and let him fix his hands. If neither backup is going to have a high floor, at least take the guy with the high ceiling.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Absolutely should put a claim in on him. He should at least have more upside than D Smith/Adeniji/Prince, right?

For as much crap as I have given to Isaiah Prince as a pass blocker, Leatherwood might have been worse last year, at least in the regular season.
Leatherwood did pretty good against the Bengals in the postseason game though. Only 2 pressures but no hits or sacks allowed. And he was going against the DL of Hill, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard, and Hendrickson.
And his athleticism and size are top-notch.
Not to mention he has more versatility than Prince.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would put in a claim for him. I don't think he will get to us, but if he did what do we have to lose? I think we are planning on keeping 10 OL and there are a few who I just never want to see take another snap again.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know D'Ante Smith has better hands. I can't stress enough how bad Alex Leatherwoods hands are... and inside at guard or outside at tackle hands are hands.

He also was getting pushed back right into the QB consistently in the both Preseason Raider games I watched.

He reminded me of Adeniji.
Reply/Quote