Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Redmond
Zac said he is considering bring Redmond up from PS to start. The decision will be made on Wednesday. XSF will be out at least 2 more weeks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he is considering bring Remond up from PS to start.  The decision will be made on Wednesday.  XSF will be out at least 2 more weeks

At least they're trying something. Still wish they'd try harder. The RG is not the only position on the OL that needs fixing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trying something "new".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can't tell if that's a threat or solution. What are we doing at RT?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he is considering bring Redmond up from PS to start.  The decision will be made on Wednesday.  XSF will be out at least 2 more weeks

It's hard to picture him being any worse.  And I can't believe I'm even saying that and thinking Redmond could be any kind of solution.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: It's hard to picture him being any worse.  And I can't believe I'm even saying that and thinking Redmond could be any kind of solution.

In 2018 Redmond had a 57 PFF grade, this year Price is 38.8 Johnson is 48.8 and even Michael Jordan is 54.3. As sad as it is to say, if we got 2018 Alex Redmond we would be getting an upgrade at any guard position we have currently. 
Reply/Quote
and yet it was G Keaton Sutherland who was just called up. Of course this move could still happen, we will have to see

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: In 2018 Redmond had a 57 PFF grade, this year Price is 38.8 Johnson is 48.8 and even Michale Jordan is 54.3. As sad as it is to say, if we got 2018 Alex Redmond we would be getting an upgrade at any guard position we have currently. 

There ya go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:48 PM)pally Wrote: and yet it was G Keaton Sutherland who was just called up. Of course this move could still happen, we will have to see

I think we will protect/promote him for a trial of 2 games or so and if it doesn't work, we don't need to give up a roster spot.

That's how I see it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Redmond would still be better than Price and Johnson at RG.
Back when he was the primary starter in 2018, he was at least decent at run blocking. His pass blocking and penalties were frustrating, but not as bad as what the Bengals are currently rolling with.

Let Redmond start and then be primary backup behind XSF once XSF returns.
Don't allow Johnson to play any interior OL spot.
Only allow Price to back up C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Is Jon Jerry available? Maybe Andre Smith?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: In 2018 Redmond had a 57 PFF grade, this year Price is 38.8 Johnson is 48.8 and even Michael Jordan is 54.3. As sad as it is to say, if we got 2018 Alex Redmond we would be getting an upgrade at any guard position we have currently. 

Ugh sad but I’ll take it lol. Besides the steroids ,numerous penalties and the fact that Redmond isn’t good he’s still better than Price and Johnson. There’s no quick fix to this line. We need to find guys in the draft and free agency next season so we don’t have to ever bring back Alex Redmond or start Bobby Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Redmond would still be better than Price and Johnson at RG.
Back when he was the primary starter in 2018, he was at least decent at run blocking. His pass blocking and penalties were frustrating, but not as bad as what the Bengals are currently rolling with.

Let Redmond start and then be primary backup behind XSF once XSF returns.
Don't allow Johnson to play any interior OL spot.
Only allow Price to back up C.

You could probably pry away Z from the giants. How funny would that be? Pass him off for not being worth what he wanted, and still end up paying him 10+ a year. 

I'm sure there's some other ~30 year old guards we can overpay for this year and maybe next to bridge a gap. Even though they hold draft pick near and dear to their heart, they have to supplement that position with some more talent. Use a third or lower and add some rotational pieces as needed per team. There's gotta be a way to find at least average at a guard spot. Got to. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Is Jon Jerry available? Maybe Andre Smith?

Smith opted out for this season.  Jerry is still on the street

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: In 2018 Redmond had a 57 PFF grade, this year Price is 38.8 Johnson is 48.8 and even Michael Jordan is 54.3. As sad as it is to say, if we got 2018 Alex Redmond we would be getting an upgrade at any guard position we have currently. 

Question is, is he still the same guy after he's had to come off the 'roids?
Reply/Quote
Leave it to this organization to redefine stupid.
Trying to upgrade a position is not bringing back a player that you cut a month ago.
And worse yet no other team even kicked the tires on him.when he was available.

Yet our brillant front office and coaches feel he can improve a position that over
The last 2 years is among the NFLs worst when you rank the teams.
Again this franchise refuses to go outside of its comfort zone.
Reply/Quote
it's sad when a guy that's barely serviceable is an upgrade, just bad !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You could probably pry away Z from the giants. How funny would that be? Pass him off for not being worth what he wanted, and still end up paying him 10+ a year. 

I'm sure there's some other ~30 year old guards we can overpay for this year and maybe next to bridge a gap. Even though they hold draft pick near and dear to their heart, they have to supplement that position with some more talent. Use a third or lower and add some rotational pieces as needed per team. There's gotta be a way to find at least average at a guard spot. Got to. 

I wonder what Larry Warford is up to?  Never mind, I just read where he opted out of the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: Smith opted out for this season.  Jerry is still on the street

I was actually being facetious. I don’t want either of those two any more than I want Redmond.
Reply/Quote
Is Cordy Glenn playing anywhere?
Reply/Quote