Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Smith worth a 3rd round pick+player
(01-31-2018, 02:42 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly I see this as a good deal for both teams given the circumstances. Obviously the Redskins would have been better off signing Cousins years ago but Alex Smith is just as good. The Chiefs just got an elite upuncoming corner in Fuller with a third Rd pick. Redskins get a Franchise QB and the chiefs get a top 10 CB. Win Win.

Seems like a loss for the skins to me. Cousins is just as good and younger. Why give up a guy and a draft pick for an older version of a qb you already have.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: Seems like a loss for the skins to me.  Cousins is just as good and younger.  Why give up a guy and a draft pick for an older version of a qb you already have.

Wait til Cousins signs his contract in FA. I have a feeling the reasons for this trade will become clear then. $30+ million per for Cousins wouldn't shock me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow. A post that actually makes sense for once.  Ninja

I almost said this exactly verbatim last night, but decided to shorten my post a bit. It turns out Cleveland did make an offer for Smith. Would be interesting to know what their offer was. 

I believe he was talking about WR Will Fuller of the Texans. For some reason I was thinking the Redskins drafted him (probably because they took WR Josh Doctson in the same round of the same draft), so I initially thought the Skins traded Will Fuller, not Kendall Fuller. 

Sheesh. You can tell I don't pay as much attention to the NFL as I used to. 

I tuned out at wow. You’re dead to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We got 2 weeks till the McCarron decision, right?

Here's hoping we even still have our trade chip...

Our chip will be free agency and MAYBE a comp pick to be named later in the low 7th round.  I could be wrong though . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wait til Cousins signs his contract in FA. I have a feeling the reasons for this trade will become clear then. $30+ million per for Cousins wouldn't shock me.

I read the skins are thinking about tagging cousins still just to get something out of him in trade, which would be extremely stupid,  even for the redskins.

Cousins could literally block any trade if he wanted to

https://wtop.com/washington-redskins/2018/02/redskins-still-considering-tagging-kirk-cousins/slide/1/
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:27 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I read the skins are thinking about tagging cousins still just to get something out of him in trade, which would be extremely stupid,  even for the redskins.

https://wtop.com/washington-redskins/2018/02/redskins-still-considering-tagging-kirk-cousins/slide/1/

Everyone will laugh at Snyder if he tags Cousins. The Smith trade killed any leverage they had. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:27 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I read the skins are thinking about tagging cousins still just to get something out of him in trade, which would be extremely stupid,  even for the redskins.

Doubt it would ruin anything they would probably let him visit all the teams  that are interested in him and they could get minor compensation for him in return.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote