Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alicia Machado and the getaway car accusation
I thought I started a thread to debunk bad memes but can't find it so I'll do it here:

(10-02-2016, 08:33 AM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: y7r14G.jpg]

(10-02-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I do not understand what either of these tweets refer to.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alicia-machado-20161002-snap-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MoneyCompany+(Money+%26+Company)

Quote:So what really happened?

Machado did act in a racy 2005 reality show broadcast on Spain’s Antena 3 TV network, scenes from which have gone viral on YouTube. The show, titled “Farm of the Famous,” is said to have shown Machado having sex with a former Mr. Spain, Fernando Acaso. 

Although neither Machado nor Acaso appeared nude in the show, Machado later admitted in various interviews that she had sex with the Spanish actor during filming.

[Image: 750x422]
Miss Universe of 1996 Alicia Machado, center, of Venezuela dances with the 74 contestants of the Miss Universe pageant in Miami Beach. (Roberto Schmidt / Agence France-Presse)

The accusation that she was an accomplice to an attempted murder stems from her involvement with Juan Rodriguez Reggetti, now a well-known Caracas attorney.

According to media reports at the time, the controversy began after Regetti’s sister, eight months pregnant and the mother of an 11-month-old boy, committed suicide. 

Reggetti is alleged to have fired two shots at his sister’s husband, Francisco Sbert Moukso, as he was leaving a memorial service.

During the subsequent police investigation, Machado was mentioned as having driven the getaway car. She denied the accusation, saying she was filming a soap opera at the time. A judge later said there was insufficient evidence to arrest her.

The beauty queen also denied having made the threatening call to the judge, and since it came down to her word against his, the allegation went nowhere.

[Image: 400x225]

Alicia Machado, former Miss Universe insulted by Trump, emerges as forceful Clinton ally

Controversy has continued to dog Machado’s career in the years since, frequently putting her on the defensive. Although she has achieved a modicum of success in Venezuelan and Mexican soap operas, she has derived more fame from her off-camera activities, which are always closely followed by Venezuela’s tabloid press.

Machado posed twice for Playboy magazine, mockingly dedicating an appearance to Trump. 

She is also said to have had a romance with an alleged Mexican drug trafficker, Gerardo Alvarez Vazquez, who goes by the alias "El Indio" or "El Chayan." Mexican tabloids, citing prosecutors’ investigations, reported that Vazquez is the father of Machado’s daughter, who was born in Miami in 2008.

But Machado repeatedly denied the claim and later identified Mexican businessman Rafael Hernandez as the father.

She is now a U.S citizen but remains a presence in the Venezuelan media — often because of missteps on her social media accounts, including a Twitter post in which she described North and South Korea as “the two Chinas.”

tl;dr Trump took a bunch of rumors ("not good sources" in his words) and passed them off as 100% true.  Or his supporters did.  Either way.  Wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
She's a thug !
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Bold is what Joe Rogan's Tweet was referencing.

"There are reports that Trump surrogates tonight have been referencing and been pointing to ... about an incident in 1998 in Venezuela where you were accused of driving a getaway car from a murder scene. You were never charged with this. The judge in the case also said you threatened to kill him after he indicted your boyfriend for the attempted murder. I just want to give you a chance to respond these reports," Cooper said.

Machado responded: "He can say whatever he wants to say. I don't care. You know, I have my past, of course everybody has a past. And I'm no saint girl. But that is not the point now ... (Trump) was really rude with me, he tried to destroy my self esteem. And now I'm a voice in the Latin community. I'm in a great moment in my life and I have a very clear life. And I can show my taxes."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politics/alicia-machado-donald-trump-2016-election-anderson-cooper/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-02-2016, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: tl;dr Trump took a bunch of rumors ("not good sources" in his words) and passed them off as 100% true.  Or his supporters did.  Either way.  Wrong.
Your own source you just posted contradicts this conclusion.
(10-03-2016, 09:32 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Your own source you just posted contradicts this conclusion.

Because she was accused, and not charged?

Your photo says "20 years ago she helped a murderer" That is false.

Or because she said she had sex on a television show?

Trump said she had a sex tape.  That is false.

Trump was accused of talking badly about a woman (again) and he admitted it.

Soooooo.....yeah.  Maybe a pepe meme will make you feel better? 
(10-03-2016, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because she was accused, and not charged?

Your photo says "20 years ago she helped a murderer" That is false.

Or because she said she had sex on a television show?

Trump said she had a sex tape.  That is false.

Trump was accused of talking badly about a woman (again) and he admitted it.

Soooooo.....yeah.  Maybe a pepe meme will make you feel better? 

"Machado later admitted in various interviews that she had sex with the Spanish actor during filming."

Screen shot of what was filmed and aired on tv:

[Image: imagen-video-sexual-alicia-machado-770x577.jpg]

sex-tape
Noun
(plural sex tapes)

A video recording of a sex act, especially one starring a celebrity.
(10-03-2016, 09:48 AM)6andcounting Wrote: "Machado later admitted in various interviews that she had sex with the Spanish actor during filming."

Screen shot of what was filmed and aired on tv:

[Image: imagen-video-sexual-alicia-machado-770x577.jpg]

sex-tape
Noun
(plural sex tapes)

A video recording of a sex act, especially one starring a celebrity.

Yep. She admitted to having sex on camera during a reality show.  Never seen naked, can't see them having sex (under a blanket) and it was for a television show.

And she admits that much.  How that should be seen as a distraction from the way Trump talked about her years later or a couple days ago is lost on me.

Didn't have a sex tape anymore than Trump is in a "sex tape" just because he's in a tape where there is sex.

Beyond that I was debunking the "helped a murderer" part of your image.
Oh hey, a thread for Sunset Bengal and his memes.

LOL
(10-03-2016, 10:37 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh hey, a thread for Sunset Bengal and his memes.

LOL

Heh.  Not all of them.  But sometimes I read one that just seems out of sorts.  Sometimes I already know they just bad info.

Most of the time I don't want to get nitpicky over memes.

But I'd rather start a new thread than tie up that one.
(10-03-2016, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Heh.  Not all of them.  But sometimes I read one that just seems out of sorts.  Sometimes I already know they just bad info.

Most of the time I don't want to get nitpicky over memes.

But I'd rather start a new thread than tie up that one.

Oh almost everyone in there is a culprit. That was just the first to come to mind after the bogus Mexico Guatemala wall chain email repost.

An actual meme debunking thread would get long Dash.
(10-03-2016, 11:14 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh almost everyone in there is a culprit. That was just the first to come to mind after the bogus Mexico Guatemala wall chain email repost.

An actual meme debunking thread would get long Dash.
Isn't that why most memes are funny ?
Being "over the top" ?
(Barring attacking a protected class, of course)

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-03-2016, 10:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep. She admitted to having sex on camera during a reality show.  Never seen naked, can't see them having sex (under a blanket) and it was for a television show.

And she admits that much.  How that should be seen as a distraction from the way Trump talked about her years later or a couple days ago is lost on me.

Didn't have a sex tape anymore than Trump is in a "sex tape" just because he's in a tape where there is sex.

Beyond that I was debunking the "helped a murderer" part of your image.

I addressed the murder part with quotes from her on post 3.

I'm still not sure why Clinton thought this was a winning issue. Trump literally stood with Machado in front of the press in 1997 and supported her and defended allowing her to keep her title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpXsAoXZIMg

More people believe in bigfoot than trust the media and Clinton's unlike ability is unmatched in the last 30 years, except of course, Trump's. Her secret weapons she brought to the debate were he paid as much as the tax code he didn't write said he owed and alleged (I say alleged because is there any evidence beyond her claim he actually called her those things) fat shaming from 20 years ago. She called him racist too - wow, excellent argument. Was it too hard to much the wall, the "temporary ban on all Muslims entering the country" or repealing Obamacare are all just talking points to rile up conservatives and Trump doesn't so much as have a bullet point outline on how he plans to achieve these mostly impossible government undertakings? As far as what Clinton put forth at the debate, it seems like the only reasons to are Trump are ad hominems and stirs up character assassination controversy.
(10-03-2016, 01:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I addressed the murder part with quotes from her on post 3.

I'm still not sure why Clinton thought this was a winning issue. Trump literally stood with Machado in front of the press in 1997 and supported her and defended allowing her to keep her title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpXsAoXZIMg

More people believe in bigfoot than trust the media and Clinton's unlike ability is unmatched in the last 30 years, except of course, Trump's. Her secret weapons she brought to the debate were he paid as much as the tax code he didn't write said he owed and alleged (I say alleged because is there any evidence beyond her claim he actually called her those things) fat shaming from 20 years ago. She called him racist too - wow, excellent argument. Was it too hard to much the wall, the "temporary ban on all Muslims entering the country" or repealing Obamacare are all just talking points to rile up conservatives and Trump doesn't so much as have a bullet point outline on how he plans to achieve these mostly impossible government undertakings? As far as what Clinton put forth at the debate, it seems like the only reasons to are Trump are ad hominems and stirs up character assassination controversy.

Well that was before she gained a tremendous amount of weight and her attitude, her attitude.   Mellow
(10-03-2016, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that was before she gained a tremendous amount of weight and her attitude, her attitude.   Mellow

Who? Clinton?
(10-03-2016, 10:18 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Who? Clinton?

Stay on topic Mike.