Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All 22 breakdown.... Bengals: Antonio Brown's Kryptonite
http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000617940/Why-the-Bengals-are-Antonio-Brown-s-Kryptonite

Great segment here with lots of info .
Reply/Quote
Great find...It will be good to play with our full deck of cards against their passing game this time!
Reply/Quote
I think Baltimore laid the blueprint already. Drop 2 safeties deep and make Ben play dink and dunk until he gets frustrated and forces it to AB.
Reply/Quote
^Agreed

Shut down AB and HM as well and we win.
Reply/Quote
Great shot of Josh Shaw with fantastic coverage in that clip. Did a great job staying with Brown on 3rd and short on an island. I think we have found something there. Which going forward fills me with more confidence, Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Shaw. Not bad.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:29 AM)Whacked Wrote: ^Agreed

Shut down AB and HM as well and we win.

More worried about Heath picking up first downs than bombs to Brown.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:57 AM)jeremydc Wrote: More worried about Heath picking up first downs than bombs to Brown.

Someone has to catch passes on the steelers. Limiting it to Heath miller means we will shut them down . Heath miller going for 10 catches 60 yards won't hurt us.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Someone has to catch passes on the steelers.  Limiting it to Heath miller means we will shut them down .  Heath miller going for 10 catches 60 yards won't hurt us.

Our secondary should be able to contain the bombs....

OUr linebackers are a liability. First downs will hurt us.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:16 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Our secondary should be able to contain the bombs....

It's not that simple. Pitt makes their living with chunk plays, that is how they score it's about big dynamic plays. As it has been pointed out if you take that away and make them beat you underneath they will eventually take a shot anyways and that leads to turnovers. With no running game (Assuming DW is out) and nothing over top, as bad as our LB in coverage may be (I'd argue Burffict is better than people think right now) they won't beat us only going to heath miller.

I think we will see Shawn Williams in the Nickle package with Lamur out which should mean better coverage on passing downs anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:16 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Our secondary should be able to contain the bombs....

But I am excited that Vinny Rey is back with more consistency. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not that simple. Pitt makes their living with chunk plays, that is how they score it's about big dynamic plays. As it has been pointed out if you take that away and make them beat you underneath they will eventually take a shot anyways and that leads to turnovers. With no running game (Assuming DW is out) and nothing over top, as bad as our LB in coverage may be (I'd argue Burffict is better than people think right now) they won't beat us only going to heath miller.

I think we will see Shawn Williams in the Nickle package with Lamur out which should mean better coverage on passing downs anyways.

Remember what Thomas Rawls did to us?  I wouldn't get too overconfident.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Then you do realize a lot of millers catches come when he is a blocker and releases late to give Jen and outlet.    And the LB's are clouding the downfield zones.   You will always be able to catch in front of them. 
Reply/Quote

first down here or there is okay if no points are given up.

point is they will have to pass all day.... which means... Pass rushing all day
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:52 AM)jason Wrote: Remember what Thomas Rawls did to us?  I wouldn't get too overconfident.

Their 2 backups have a combined 60 yards.

If they get decent runs its because we arent playing against the run
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:52 AM)jason Wrote: Remember what Thomas Rawls did to us?  I wouldn't get too overconfident.

This is an asinine statement. When Rawls had 15 carries or more ( 6 times) he went over 100 yards 4 times one other times was 19 carries for 81yds and a TD and another was 48 on 17 carries. Rawls is the HB of the future in Seattle and a very good one at that, so much so that they cut two drafted backs in Turbin and Michael.

We have given up one 100 yard rusher all year, and that includes games against Charles, McCoy, L Murrary, Forsett, Gurley, Williams, Anderson. One big game against a good young back is more of an outlier than a norm. I will restate it once again, without DW they will have no running game.
Reply/Quote
Formula seems pretty simple, to me. Get to Ben, beat him up a little, get him twitchy. That forces him to make hurried and ill advised throws.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

We won't need our linebackers. Pressure Ben and he'll run or dump it off to Miller. Miller's not having a 200 yard game and neither are their running backs.
Reply/Quote
Haha, we shall see about Heath. I hope we shut him down.

Reply/Quote
Stopping the short passing game is going to be the key for the Bengals. Heath Miller has owned them lately so as long as we take away Big Jen's security blanket (Heath), we should be OK. We already stop the deep ball extremely well.

As for our offense, our offensive line NEEDS to play will in order for us to win.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:57 AM)jeremydc Wrote: More worried about Heath picking up first downs than bombs to Brown.

I am not.. I will take give Heath 6 to 8 yards over the bomb.. this Defense has proven it is tough to sustain a drive for a TD .   If Miller goes 10 catches for 60 yards.. I will take that over AB going 6 Catches for 120 yards.  

I like that Burfict also will be playing all game now too,, that will help across the middle that we did not have in the second game as much
Reply/Quote