Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All AFCN Offense
Defense can have its own thread, but would do you have if you're piecing together an AFCN offense?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
*Not using any rookies and not putting LTs at RT or anything*

QB: Roethlisberger
RB1: Bell
RB2: Hill
TE1: Miller
TE2: Eifert
WR1: Brown
WR2: Green
WR3: Bowe
LT: Whit
LG: Bitonio
C: Mack
RG: Yanda
RT: Smith

I thought about Steve Smith but I'd probably rather see Ben throwing to a 30/31 year old Bowe than 36 year old Smith. It was close and Smith has to slow down at some point, right?

LG could have been Osemele, that was close as well.

This division is pretty thin at TE right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: *Not using any rookies and not putting LTs at RT or anything*

I thought about Steve Smith but I'd probably rather see Ben throwing to a 30/31 year old Bowe than 36 year old Smith. It was close and Smith has to slow down at some point, right?

After seeing Smith last year and Bowe last year, I have to go Smith. Man he was ridiculous for a 35/36 year old.

Also, I'd give some love to Wagner and might go Pouncey the edge at C. If Pitta is healthy, I put him and Miller at TEs. But... I honestly think his career is done.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 03:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: After seeing Smith last year and Bowe last year, I have to go Smith. Man he was ridiculous for a 35/36 year old.

Also, I'd give some love to Wagner and might go Pouncey the edge at C. If Pitta is healthy, I put him and Miller at TEs. But... I honestly think his career is done.

Bowe will probably never amount to much in Cleveland, but I think he'd be a great target for a QB like Ben. I don't think you could go wrong with Smith after what he did last year though.

I sort of forgot Wagner exists, I knew I was forgetting somebody on the line, so yeah I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing him. Same with Pouncey, I think either Mack/Pouncey would be fine for an All-AFCN team.

TE was tough, Pitta would have easily made the cut if it weren't for the unfortunate injury situation. It sucks to see that happen. There are only a couple of proven TEs in the entire division and 2 of them are broken. I'd say it's likely the most thin position out of any on offense or defense.
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree Andy Dalton is the best QB in the division  Ninja

WR1: Green
WR2: Brown
WR3: Smith
LG: Osemele
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: *Not using any rookies and not putting LTs at RT or anything*

Solid list .... I would only disagree with Bowe.... I think Sanu is better ... And probably jones as well.... So is Smith but there is no way he gets better a year older. The Browns and Ravens are thin at WR.

Could also make a realistic Argument of Zeitler or DeCastro over Bitonio.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Solid list ....  I would only disagree with Bowe.... I think Sanu is better ... And probably jones as well.... So is Smith but there is no way he gets better a year older.   The Browns and Ravens are thin at WR.  

Could also make a realistic Argument of Zeitler or DeCastro over Bitonio.

lol, I forgot about that time you tried to say Sanu and Jones were better than Torrey and Steve.

Reply/Quote
WR1: Green
WR2: Brown
WR3: Gordon....is he eligible for this? If not, Smith Sr.
TE2: Pitta
LT: Whitworth
LG: Osemele
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Brown is a superior WR to Green, he just flat out produces. I'd also say that Pouncey is a better C than Mack, especially after last year. If the Steeler O-line can just grow a bit they'd have the best offense in the league, much less the AFN North.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, I forgot about that time you tried to say Sanu and Jones were better than Torrey and Steve.

Torrey Smith was worse than them. That's why the Ravens didn't resign him. Smart move by them.

Steve Smith is just old... I wouldn't take him because of that, he won't have another season like last.

Why can't the Ravens ever get a stud WR. Whoever evaluates them should be fired. The Steelers do a great job at finding WR.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Brown is a superior WR to Green, he just flat out produces.  I'd also say that Pouncey is a better C than Mack, especially after last year.  If the Steeler O-line can just grow a bit they'd have the best offense in the league, much less the AFN North.

Apples to Oranges. Would you rather heave a hail mary with 5 defenders around to AJ Green or Antonio Brown? Your answer will determine how much of a homer you are.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 03:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Torrey Smith was worse than them.  

lol

It was funny because you couldn't even supply a measure to evaluate this when confronted with Torrey's stats.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, I forgot about that time you tried to say Sanu and Jones were better than Torrey and Steve.

Marvin Jones has the potential to be a very good WR2 in the league. He can get separation, make some pretty unbelievable catches, and runs nice, crisp routes. Sanu isn't BAD, but Sanu/Jones aren't and weren't better than Smith/Smith Sr.

Bengals' homers in JN always tried to tell me how great Dane "all he does is make plays" Sanzenbacher was for like 3 straight years. Those were fun arguments LOL
Reply/Quote
Quote:Apples to Oranges. Would you rather heave a hail mary with 5 defenders around to AJ Green or Antonio Brown? Your answer will determine how much of a homer you are.

Seriously? You ever see Brown go for a ball? He flat out goes and gets it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 06:01 AM)treee Wrote: Apples to Oranges. Would you rather heave a hail mary with 5 defenders around to AJ Green or Antonio Brown? Your answer will determine how much of a homer you are.
Catches: Brown
TDs: Brown
Yards: Brown
Less fumbles: Brown (despite many more touches)
Taller: Green

Great consolation prize on Green. Rolleyes
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Catches: Brown
TDs: Brown
Yards: Brown
Less fumbles: Brown (despite many more touches)
Taller: Green

Great consolation prize on Green.  Rolleyes

This isn't the smack board, no need to over-exaggerate or flat out lie.

If you look at their careers, they're very similar. Green has more TDs. Their yardage totals are close even though Brown has an extra year (but he only played in about 10% of the team's snaps). Green has a higher YPC. Brown is more sure handed with less drops and a couple less fumbles. Brown is also a good punt returner which can't be ignored. The fact that Brown played an extra year but didn't start can be used both for him and against him. On one hand you could say "well he would have even better numbers if he was a starter year 1!", and someone else could say "he had a year to sit and learn when A.J. was forced to start!". Either way, they're very close statistically, and they're both VERY talented WRs.

To say one is clearly superior to the other is just being a homer. FWIW, I had Brown as WR1 in my original post on here and I'm a Bengals' fan. I think it could go either way, they're both immensely talented athletes.

I also wanted to add, let's not forget that the guy throwing the ball to them makes a pretty big difference. People love to talk shit on Andy (I also don't think he's a very good QB, he's not bad either though), and we all know that Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB in the division, so that has to come into the equation here if we want to talk about statistical comparisons. If you watch the 2 WRs in question play the game, you will know they're both top tier talents, but if you want to talk statistically only, you have to factor in the guy throwing the ball as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 08:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Marvin Jones has the potential to be a very good WR2 in the league. He can get separation, make some pretty unbelievable catches, and runs nice, crisp routes. Sanu isn't BAD, but Sanu/Jones aren't and weren't better than Smith/Smith Sr.

Bengals' homers in JN always tried to tell me how great Dane "all he does is make plays" Sanzenbacher was for like 3 straight years. Those were fun arguments LOL

The original statement wasn't about the pair being better than both Smith as a pair. It was that Torrey Smith was not a good. I simply stated that I would rather have Jones or Sanu over Torrey Smith.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 06:01 AM)treee Wrote: Apples to Oranges. Would you rather heave a hail mary with 5 defenders around to AJ Green or Antonio Brown? Your answer will determine how much of a homer you are.

Oh, Green to be sure. However, that's probably the only scenario in which I'd choose him over Brown. I will say that Green hasn't played with a quality QB so he could have better numbers with Ben getting him the ball. That said Brown is arguably the best all around WR in the league right now, especially given his physical stats.
Reply/Quote
While the QB quality difference is decently big, Green still put up great numbers in his first four years compared to Antonio.

But there are more times than not I wished A.J. played like Antonio. They would be neck and neck if I had to rank them.

Antonio's also a 4 down threat, can't ignore that.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The original statement wasn't about the pair being better than both Smith as a pair.    It was that Torrey Smith was not a good.   I simply stated that I would rather have Jones or Sanu over Torrey Smith.

If you stated that both are better than both Smiths, then you are also suggesting the pair is better than the Smiths as a pair.

Reply/Quote