Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Patriots probowlers skipping/boycotting (?) Probowl
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25465365/the-entire-new-england-patriots-team-is-bailing-on-the-pro-bowl

Seems like sore losers to me.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't blame any player for skipping the pro bowl. I wouldn't risk my health playing in a meaningless game.

There are an absurd number of alternates anyways, are all of them like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brews, and Philip Rivers sore losers?
Reply/Quote
I wish they would do away with playing the game all together.  Never have been a fan of the game.  But I wish they would bring back all the challenges they used to do.  I remember watching the Fastest Man In the NFL sprint.  Strongest Man contest.  Stuff like that. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wish they would do away with playing the game all together.  Never have been a fan of the game.  But I wish they would bring back all the challenges they used to do.  I remember watching the Fastest Man In the NFL sprint.  Strongest Man contest.  Stuff like that. 

Just make it worth something. Future SB goes to town in the winner's conference or teams with winning players get an extra sixth round draft pick or some other incentive. Maybe think outside the box, like winning members get to check the Patriot's ball pressure pre-game or one random player from the winning team gets to slap Goodell.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:34 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I don't blame any player for skipping the pro bowl. I wouldn't risk my health playing in a meaningless game.

There are an absurd number of alternates anyways, are all of them like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brews, and Philip Rivers sore losers?

Are any of the Bengals players skipping?

What I mean is it seems more like a directive then, the whole team (which is 7 players) aren't going.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 03:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Are any of the Bengals players skipping?

What I mean is it seems more like a directive then, the whole team (which is 7 players) aren't going.

To be fair the probowl is as close as most of our guys have been to a super bowl  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Funny, I'm also boycotting the Pro Bowl because I refuse to watch guys act like a practice. One of the most boring football games on the planet IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Funny, I'm also boycotting the Pro Bowl because I refuse to watch guys act like a practice. One of the most boring football games on the planet IMO.

I agree!  and right below this game on the list is the Hall of Fame Game. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wish they would do away with playing the game all together.  Never have been a fan of the game.  But I wish they would bring back all the challenges they used to do.  I remember watching the Fastest Man In the NFL sprint.  Strongest Man contest.  Stuff like that. 

Yeah I got to see that one year it was cool to see these guys showcase their skills in ways we haven't seen before.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Funny, I'm also boycotting the Pro Bowl because I refuse to watch guys act like a practice. One of the most boring football games on the planet IMO.

Mo Egger staunchly disagrees that you will not be watching the Pro Bowl. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah I got to see that one year it was cool to see these guys showcase their skills in ways we haven't seen before.

I think the show was called "Superstar" on WABC. I think it aired on the weekends. Dwight Stones was king of that show.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mo Egger staunchly disagrees that you will not be watching the Pro Bowl. 

Heard him as I was driving around this afternoon. He made some gopod points. It's one of those things that people will swear on a Friday they won't watch, but when Sunday night rolls around, it's 'hey, I'll see if they interview AJ in the pregame,' which eventually turns into watching the whole game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 08:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Heard him as I was driving around this afternoon.  He made some gopod points.  It's one of those things that people will swear on a Friday they won't watch, but when Sunday night rolls around, it's 'hey, I'll see if they interview AJ in the pregame,' which eventually turns into watching the whole game.

Yup. Football junkies won't miss a fix. Doesn't matter the game. I'm sure i'll tune in for some or most of it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. Football junkies won't miss a fix. Doesn't matter the game. I'm sure i'll tune in for some or most of it. 

Yeah, me too. I'll start with the NHL All-Star game Sunday afternoon and turn on the Pro Bowl when the score gets to be about 17-13 in the 2nd period.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 03:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Just make it worth something. Future SB goes to town in the winner's conference or teams with winning players get an extra sixth round draft pick or some other incentive. Maybe think outside the box, like winning members get to check the Patriot's ball pressure pre-game or one random player from the winning team gets to slap Goodell.

Well most of those wouldn't work under the new format; but something needs to change. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Totally agree!  But didn't a player tear up an ankle playing beach football once?

(Got that rep up over 1000!)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 09:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25465365/the-entire-new-england-patriots-team-is-bailing-on-the-pro-bowl

They're probably hurt.  Seems like half their team was playing hurt by the end of the season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 09:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25465365/the-entire-new-england-patriots-team-is-bailing-on-the-pro-bowl

Don't think it's that they lost, so much as the NFL stripped them of their first and fourth round picks and tried to suspend their HoF QB for 4 games in a witchhunt based off a lack of basic scientific understanding and a questionable multi-million dollar "investigation".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 03:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't think it's that they lost, so much as the NFL stripped them of their first and fourth round picks and tried to suspend their HoF QB for 4 games in a witchhunt based off a lack of basic scientific understanding and a questionable multi-million dollar "investigation".

Or based on them trying to hide facts and not cooperating over what was "obviously" a witch hunt.   Mellow

If you wife cheated on you twice and you caught her but she had a decent excuse to cover it up and you forgave her...and then you got wind of something a THIRD time and she destroyed her phone would you just assume everything was OK and probably a misunderstanding since the other two were over?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Exactly.
Reply/Quote