Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alshon Jeffery best fit?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Alshon-Jeffery-is-best-suited-for-Bengals-per-NFL-analyst-51215445/Amp
Reply/Quote
you really want to spend 12 million a year on a guy who is a 2nd receiver ? no thanks

btw this is the draft thread not free agency

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 06:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: you really want to spend 12 million a year on a guy who is a 2nd receiver ?  no thanks

btw this is the draft thread not free agency

It wouldn't let me post it to free agency IDK why. Also he's a number 1 but would be a 2 here. I think we can get him for around 7-9 million due to injuries and the suspension hell be a discount. If we don't get z, might as well get Jeffery give us a potent passing attack.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 06:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It wouldn't let me post it to free agency IDK why. Also he's a number 1 but would be a 2 here. I think we can get him for around 7-9 million due to injuries and the suspension hell be a discount. If we don't get z, might as well get Jeffery give us a potent passing attack.

AGREED!! You put that money into WR, not the interior of the line. Westerman might be able to take over for Zeitler. We'll see how it all pans out, but I'd take Alshon in a second. 

Remember Duper and Clayton?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 06:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It wouldn't let me post it to free agency IDK why. Also he's a number 1 but would be a 2 here. I think we can get him for around 7-9 million due to injuries and the suspension hell be a discount. If we don't get z, might as well get Jeffery give us a potent passing attack.

You realize there will be several teams interested in signing him?  Players like that don't come at a discount.  Neither do players who figure to be looking for a pay day.  I think your estimate is way off.
Reply/Quote
We don't need this guy. He's an over rated player on a crappy team. so he gets more attention than he deserves.

Reply/Quote
Pass, we have plenty of talented WRs to compliment AJ Green. Money would be better spent on the OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pass, we have plenty of talented WRs to compliment AJ Green.  Money would be better spent on the OL.

Or a premier DE.  I keep saying it but no one will listen.  Ced O will be the next RG on this team.  He played his best in college when he played as a guard.  Salvage a first round guy and free money up to make big Free agent splash.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 10:00 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You realize there will be several teams interested in signing him?  Players like that don't come at a discount.  Neither do players who figure to be looking for a pay day.  I think your estimate is way off.

Really a wr that's often injured that just came off a 4 game suspension for PED use? Also he's on record saying he only wants to go to a contending team. The number isn't far off. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 10:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We don't need this guy. He's an over rated player on a crappy team. so he gets more attention than he deserves.

So he was overrated when him.and Brandon Marshall were killing everybody? 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pass, we have plenty of talented WRs to compliment AJ Green.  Money would be better spent on the OL.

What talented receivers do we have? Cody core looks worse than Mario Alford did when running routes, lafell is hot garbage, James Wright can't do anything, etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Really a wr that's often injured that just came off a 4 game suspension for PED use? Also he's on record saying he only wants to go to a contending team. The number isn't far off. 

We will agree to disagree.  A 4 game suspension on a 3-5 year deal is nothing.  We will see the numbers when they come in but he will get more than you think he will.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:52 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: We will agree to disagree.  A 4 game suspension on a 3-5 year deal is nothing.  We will see the numbers when they come in but he will get more than you think he will.

yes but a 4game suspension along with missing games will put value down. Oh well we will see.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yes but a 4game suspension along with missing games will put value down. Oh well we will see.

Why would we want to sign a player who is injured a lot and suspended? He's played over 12 games in a season ONLY TWICE in his 5 year career.

If he was a guy that costed $3 million a year that's one thing...but he's going to sign for about 10% of our overall salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 02:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Or a premier DE.  I keep saying it but no one will listen.  Ced O will be the next RG on this team.  He played his best in college when he played as a guard.  Salvage a first round guy and free money up to make big Free agent splash.

I like Devin Taylor if we go for an End.

I highly doubt Og would be good at Guard, he has no strength. Og will be out of the league. Terrible pick.

(02-12-2017, 03:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What talented receivers do we have? Cody core looks worse than Mario Alford did when running routes, lafell is hot garbage, James Wright can't do anything, etc.

Core has crazy deep speed and has tons of talent. I wouldn't mind picking up Jeffery but honestly where we
need the most help is on the O-line, not at WR. Lafell is definately not hot garbage, dude did everything asked
of him last year in his first season in a new system.

Don't know why you would call Lafell hot garbage. Need to bring the guy back if anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core has crazy deep speed and has tons of talent. I wouldn't mind picking up Jeffery but honestly where we
need the most help is on the O-line, not at WR. Lafell is definately not hot garbage, dude did everything asked
of him last year in his first season in a new system.

Don't know why you would call Lafell hot garbage. Need to bring the guy back if anything.
A number 2 receiver can not go 4 for 32 in 4 games. I want a legit number 2. We have 2 number 3s imo Boyd and lafell 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What talented receivers do we have? Cody core looks worse than Mario Alford did when running routes, lafell is hot garbage, James Wright can't do anything, etc.

No offense man, but I'm glad the Bengals don't use you as a talent evaluator.  Boyd, Core, Erickson, and yes, Lafell are all talented complimentary receivers.

What, you think that the team should be paying for two WR1s?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 04:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: A number 2 receiver can not go 4 for 32 in 4 games. I want a legit number 2. We have 2 number 3s imo Boyd and lafell 

Even AJ Green has bad games.

The numbers for the year for Lafell say otherwise.

Brandon Lafell is a legitimate #2 WR IMO. Definately not hot garbage as you call him.

Boyd is a fine Slot WR, Core was a great pick with tons of talent. We have a good WR coach in Urban.

We have much bigger problems than Wide Receiver.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No offense man, but I'm glad the Bengals don't use you as a talent evaluator.  Boyd, Core, Erickson, and yes, Lafell are all talented complimentary receivers.

What, you think that the team should be paying for two WR1s?
yes! That is exactly what I want. Look how well it's worked for the colts with Reggie Wayne and Marvin harrisson. Do u really trust those players with the game on their line? I don't. I love Boyd in the slot, but I hate lafell. Also he's supposed to get 6-7 million? No thank you. Core can't run routes but he may develop. I want to draft mike Williams more than anything. He had less than 400 yards in 10 games. At least with Jones u could trust him with the game on the line. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even AJ Green has bad games.

The numbers for the year for Lafell say otherwise.

Brandon Lafell is a legitimate #2 WR IMO. Definately not hot garbage as you call him.

Boyd is a fine Slot WR, Core was a great pick with tons of talent. We have a good WR coach in Urban.

We have much bigger problems than Wide Receiver.
What bigger problems? Oline then wr as I see it. He had less than 400 yards in 10 games. U can't count on him when the games on the line. Most of the time he couldn't even beat 1 on 1 coverage. This is why we need to get a new actual number 2 in fa or draft mike Williams. Number 2 wrs are Randall Cobb, martavius Bryant, sterling shepard/vixtor Cruz, etc. Lafell is not in that group. 
Reply/Quote