Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alshon Jeffery best fit?
(02-15-2017, 11:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: OK...explain how WR is the reason we can't run the ball...

Dude...we need starters at these spots:

A RT.
A C.
A Guard if Zeitler leaves which it looks like he will.
A LT if Whitworth leaves.
A WR2.
DE
DT
2 LB
Possibly CB if Kirkpatrick leaves.

We're more than a star WR2 away from competing.
Dt Billings with peko as backup. Not a need. DE it's a need that will be addressed in the first 3 rounds. 2 lbs? Seriously? We have vigil and burfict who would see the field 70 percent of the time. Not a big need. Just draft or sing a second tier middle line backer. We play 2 lb most of the time. Lt Whit isn't leaving we will resign him. RT fisher looked really good the more he played he will be above average to good next year. A Center we will draft this year finally hopefully elflien or orlosky. A guard we have westerman. We can't run the ball bc we don't have a good rb in hill. Simple.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 09:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dt Billings with peko as backup. Not a need. DE it's a need that will be addressed in the first 3 rounds. 2 lbs? Seriously? We have vigil and burfict who would see the field 70 percent of the time. Not a big need. Just draft or sing a second tier middle line backer. We play 2 lb most of the time. Lt Whit isn't leaving we will resign him. RT fisher looked really good the more he played he will be above average to good next year. A Center we will draft this year finally hopefully elflien or orlosky. A guard we have westerman. We can't run the ball bc we don't have a good rb in hill. Simple.

Billings hasn't played a down in the NFL and is coming off of major knee surgery...and everyone is acting like he is a perennial All-Pro. He's barely even had time in training camp.

Vigil as a starter? He was the 2nd best LB on his college team. He may be a contributor...but it's far from a sure thing. And yes...we need atleast another starter assuming Vigil is one.

Westerman? Really? Going to rely on him?

You're essentially relying on a bunch of 4th Round picks and hoping they pan out. I guarantee you that all of them don't. If all of those guys start...we'll be a 5 win team.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 12:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Billings hasn't played a down in the NFL and is coming off of major knee surgery...and everyone is acting like he is a perennial All-Pro. He's barely even had time in training camp.

Vigil as a starter? He was the 2nd best LB on his college team. He may be a contributor...but it's far from a sure thing. And yes...we need atleast another starter assuming Vigil is one.

Westerman? Really? Going to rely on him?

You're essentially relying on a bunch of 4th Round picks and hoping they pan out. I guarantee you that all of them don't. If all of those guys start...we'll be a 5 win team.

man if 4th round picks and bad u must really hate Geno. Look the point is this. The goal of a dt is to push ur man backwards. Billings can do that with ease he has the strength of 2 olineman. He will clog the middle running lanes. Sure would I like to draft a Carlos Watkins or a Solomon Thomas to play dt? Yeah but it's not as big a need. Remember Billings was a first rounder in talent. Vigil was the best lb on his team imo. He looked REALLY good when I watched him as the season went on. You can play Vinny Rey as ur other starter he's not a full time starter but u only need him for 30 percent or less of snaps anyways. He doubled malaluga snaps by far anyways. So wouldn't be much of a change except Rey would get a few more snaps and burfict and vigil would be out there a lot. Westerman is the one I don't know about. He could easily be a great guard or he couldn't be. But the key to the whole oline is the center. Our line will never be good as long as bodine is running things.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 02:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: man if 4th round picks and bad u must really hate Geno. Look the point is this. The goal of a dt is to push ur man backwards. Billings can do that with ease he has the strength of 2 olineman. He will clog the middle running lanes. Sure would I like to draft a Carlos Watkins or a Solomon Thomas to play dt? Yeah but it's not as big a need. Remember Billings was a first rounder in talent. Vigil was the best lb on his team imo. He looked REALLY good when I watched him as the season went on. You can play Vinny Rey as ur other starter he's not a full time starter but u only need him for 30 percent or less of snaps anyways. He doubled malaluga snaps by far anyways. So wouldn't be much of a change except Rey would get a few more snaps and burfict and vigil would be out there a lot. Westerman is the one I don't know about. He could easily be a great guard or he couldn't be. But the key to the whole oline is the center. Our line will never be good as long as bodine is running things.

Geno is the outlier. And as rookie...he had 10 Tackles and 2 sacks. You can't expect all of our 4th Round picks to just step onto the field with no playing time in the past and dominate. It's going to likely take them 2-3 years to develop...IF they ever do.

Billings had great combine numbers...but he's coming off of a major knee injury. It's going to take him time to get that explosiveness back.

Saying a guy is a '1st Round talent' is nonsense. Every year they say that about 90 people. The fact is he wasn't drafted in the 1st Round.

I'm all for playing these guys...but the overall performance of the team will likely take a step back inserting all of those guys into the lineup. Zeitler was REALLY good. Westerman will not match his production in Year 1. That's a step back.
Reply/Quote