Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alt-Right/Left
For fruitful discussion....

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/alt-left-alt-right/

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Pretty decent comparison. The hard part about drawing a line on the right is usually easy. Saying you're a better person because you're male/white /Christian /etc is easy to see. With the far left, you have to look at the instance to see if what they're pointing at is really racism/sexism/etc., or are they just labeling someone's opinion that's different from them.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-26-2017, 08:02 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: For fruitful discussion....

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/alt-left-alt-right/

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty lame for two reasons. One, I didn't think the items in the two columns were equivalent on their face(s). Two, I have seen multiple examples of the items in one column, but few examples of the items in the other, and some of those may have been, shall we say, alternative facts.

What do I mean by that? Well, remember the rumored "war on Christmas" which nobody has ever seen any real evidence of? I was going to put this in its own thread, but I will just put it here. Not sure who manufactured this "controversy" but now there is apparently a "war on the American Flag." I saw some dumbass (yeah I know, mark one down in the appropriate column for me) posted a meme today. To be clear it was a dumbass meme and it was posted by a dumbass. It said something to the effect of 'Like and post this picture of the American flag if you think we should be able to display the American flag and say the Pledge anywhere we want to." So the question I was going to ask in its own thread (but will just ask here) is what moron(s) (yeah I know, move another bead on the abacus) are promoting the absurdity that "they" are out there "denying our right" to "display the American flag wherever we want to" and "denying our right" to mindlessly mumble words whose meaning is lost us?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-26-2017, 02:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty decent comparison. The hard part about drawing a line on the right is usually easy. Saying you're a better person because you're male/white /Christian /etc is easy to see. With the far left, you have to look at the instance to see if what they're pointing at is really racism/sexism/etc., or are they just labeling someone's opinion that's different from them.

Very good assessment.

(02-26-2017, 04:22 PM)xxlt Wrote: I thought it was pretty lame for two reasons. One, I didn't think the items in the two columns were equivalent on their face(s). Two, I have seen multiple examples of the items in one column, but few examples of the items in the other, and some of those may have been, shall we say, alternative facts.

What do I mean by that? Well, remember the rumored "war on Christmas" which nobody has ever seen any real evidence of? I was going to put this in its own thread, but I will just put it here. Not sure who manufactured this "controversy" but now there is apparently a "war on the American Flag." I saw some dumbass (yeah I know, mark one down in the appropriate column for me) posted a meme today. To be clear it was a dumbass meme and it was posted by a dumbass. It said something to the effect of 'Like and post this picture of the American flag if you think we should be able to display the American flag and say the Pledge anywhere we want to." So the question I was going to ask in its own thread (but will just ask here) is what moron(s) (yeah I know, move another bead on the abacus) are promoting the absurdity that "they" are out there "denying our right" to "display the American flag wherever we want to" and "denying our right" to mindlessly mumble words whose meaning is lost us?

I would agree, regarding the equivalency discrepancy.

I hadn't seen the "war on the flag", other than people standing on it, burning it, or wipe their ass with it.