Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alt Right murder at Maryland campus
An alleged member of the Alt-Right at the University of Maryland went up to a visiting student from Bowie State and stabbed him in the chest, killing him. The victim, who was black, was a senior and ROTC member who was just commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the Army.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-umd-stabbing-arrest-20170521-story.html

The FBI is looking to see if hate crime charges should be filed. Terrible situation here in Maryland. A man who looked to be headed for good things in service of his nation having his life senselessly ended by some hateful loser.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Jesus. Since he was already commissioned, maybe they can tack something else on like terrorism so he can end up in one of those Uni-bomber prisons.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

CNN said he was part of a group known as 'Alt Reich', which is a facebook group.

This poses a question, should groups like this that are pro-Nazi be allowed? Personally I dont because they specifically forfeited their right to exist for the atrocities committed in WW2. But that is just me.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/us/university-of-maryland-stabbing/index.html
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-22-2017, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: CNN said he was part of a group known as 'Alt Reich', which is a facebook group.

This poses a question, should groups like this that are pro-Nazi be allowed? Personally I dont because they specifically forfeited their right to exist for the atrocities committed in WW2. But that is just me.

As long as you're not promoting violence, your hate is protected. Of course, so many times it ultimately results in violence.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-22-2017, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: CNN said he was part of a group known as 'Alt Reich', which is a facebook group.

by facebook? or in general?

by facebook, entirely up to them. it's a private business; they can restrict or allow whatever their conscience allows.

in general, absolutely. just because someone is filled with hate doesn't mean they don't have a right to an opinion or a right to share it. it's the duty of good people to make sure that those people stay in a minority, that examples of hate are drowned by a deluge of benevolence, that every call for apathy against a group of people is answered by two calls for peace for everyone.
(05-22-2017, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: by facebook? or in general?

by facebook, entirely up to them. it's a private business; they can restrict or allow whatever their conscience allows.

in general, absolutely. just because someone is filled with hate doesn't mean they don't have a right to an opinion or a right to share it. it's the duty of good people to make sure that those people stay in a minority, that examples of hate are drowned by a deluge of benevolence, that every call for apathy against a group of people is answered by two calls for peace for everyone.

In general. And I agree with you too. But when it comes to the Nazis specifically, I dont agree because of the wholesale amount of murder and genocide they committed in just a few short years. But groups like the KKK then I would agree, because they didn't try to exterminate everyone that wasn't a 'white arian'. There is a difference in the levels of hate between the two though some shared ideology. 

ps. I know it wont happen, just my opinion and I understand the can of worms that would open. I just hold Nazis to be the worst of the worst in human history, and they have no right to have a say in the world for what they did.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-22-2017, 03:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In general. And I agree with you too. But when it comes to the Nazis specifically, I dont agree because of the wholesale amount of murder and genocide they committed in just a few short years. But groups like the KKK then I would agree, because they didn't try to exterminate everyone that wasn't a 'white arian'. There is a difference in the levels of hate between the two though some shared ideology. 

ps. I know it wont happen, just my opinion and I understand the can of worms that would open. I just hold Nazis to be the worst of the worst in human history, and they have no right to have a say in the world for what they did.

understood, and a valid point.  :andy:

and that's why i'm not a fan of a lot of the attempts by some bloggers/"media"/activists when they try to draw a parallel between current political candidates/elected officials and nazism. fascism, sure. totalitarianism, i get. but trying to link everything bigoted comment or legislation to nazism takes away the impact of how their actions effected the world.

sorry pat for derailing the thread a little.
See my thread about why the death penalty isn't all bad. This is another example.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-22-2017, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: An alleged member of the Alt-Right at the University of Maryland went up to a visiting student from Bowie State and stabbed him in the chest, killing him. The victim, who was black, was a senior and ROTC member who was just commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the Army.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-umd-stabbing-arrest-20170521-story.html

The FBI is looking to see if hate crime charges should be filed. Terrible situation here in Maryland. A man who looked to be headed for good things in service of his nation having his life senselessly ended by some hateful loser.

Hell yes it's a hate crime. What else could it be?

He deserves death. The loser forfeited his right to exist.