Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
Sharing this here. I doubt that there is anyone here that would know any of these jokers, but I know that several ID'd have been from the same neck of the woods as som eof y'all.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/fbi-trying-to-id-people-spotted-with-fields-before-car/article_720a7e84-8459-11e7-ae9d-bb06e9cd80d0.html
(08-18-2017, 06:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sharing this here. I doubt that there is anyone here that would know any of these jokers, but I know that several ID'd have been from the same neck of the woods as som eof y'all.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/fbi-trying-to-id-people-spotted-with-fields-before-car/article_720a7e84-8459-11e7-ae9d-bb06e9cd80d0.html

Those Virginia plates on that Jeep? I can't make them out. They definitely aren't Ohio plates.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-18-2017, 07:30 PM)jason Wrote: Those Virginia plates on that Jeep? I can't make them out. They definitely aren't Ohio plates.

At first I was like "what Jeep?" Then I realized there were other pictures. LOL

Those are, indeed, Virginia plates. I was just thinking about other pictures floating around, didn't realize that the images in question were included.
(08-18-2017, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not sure the group (as vile as it is) is ever responsible. Is this not the land of individualism and liberty. It's the same logic people that don't like Muslims use to vilify an enire religion for the acts of a few. Not every sorry ass white supremacist killed someone on Saturday. Even in a mob, you are responsible for your own actions.

While I agree that you are responsible for your own actions, I think there are times a group can also be held repsonsible for the actions of its members in some situations (but, even then, this doesn't absolve an individual of their actions).

For example, if you're a member of a group - let's call them the JJJ - and the group routinely calls for eradication of spider-themed heroes. And then a proud member of the JJJ - let's call him Mac Gargan - drives their car into a group of spider-themed heroes peacefully assembled in front of a Steve Rogers statue. Wouldn't you say that not only is Mac responsible but so is the JJJ for encourging or even inciting the violence?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Downtown Charlottesville 19 Aug 2017 https://imgur.com/a/rqsl6

Took some pictures, today. Didn't take any last weekend, the timing wasn't right.
We now, quite literally, have communists and fascists fighting in the streets.

Buckle up boys. Only gets worse from here.
Now that I am home:

This is from the walking mall looking down the street to where the car hit the crowd.
[Image: EOVuCP2.jpg]

This is looking up 4th on the other side of the walking mall, so the street the terrorist drove down before crossing the walking mall.
[Image: c5niXhQ.jpg]

It's interesting, I had forgotten that the streets on either side of 4th that cross the mall are blocked off completely to traffic, and you can see by these pictures, it is more of an alley than a street.

The rest are mostly of items and chalkings done in memorium. There will likely be a permanent memorial placed here, they are probably going to be closing 4th permanently after this. But I wanted to get pictures of all of this because it will be washed away, it will be trashed, it will decompose. Then I threw in the picture of myself.

I thought about getting a picture of Emancipation Park, but the wife wasn't up for it. The last time were were there was her mother's funeral (the funeral home is right next door, and a Pride festival was going on that day in the park) and so even without this past weekend's events it is an emotional place for her.
(08-19-2017, 08:40 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: We now, quite literally, have communists and fascists fighting in the streets.

Buckle up boys. Only gets worse from here.

And Americans who defend the Nazis.

Weird world.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-20-2017, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: And Americans who ARE the Nazis.

Weird world.

Fixed.
(08-21-2017, 04:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fixed.

So it was fixed to say those defending Nazis ARE Nazis?

Okay.
(08-21-2017, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: So it was fixed to say those defending Nazis ARE Nazis?

Okay.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it was fixed saying there are Americans claiming to be Nazis. I'd think most people would think it worse for Americans to claim to BE Nazis as opposed to Americans defending Nazis.
(08-21-2017, 04:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it was fixed saying there are Americans claiming to be Nazis. I'd think most people would think it worse for Americans to claim to BE Nazis as opposed to Americans defending Nazis.

But there are also people defending Nazis...what are they?

There are even some people saying that the people OPPOSING the Nazis are somehow as bad or worse than the Nazis.  What are they?
(08-21-2017, 04:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: But there are also people defending Nazis...what are they?

There are even some people saying that the people OPPOSING the Nazis are somehow as bad or worse than the Nazis.  What are they?

Soooooooooooooooooo Nazis are okay, but the people defending the Nazis, they're horrible people. Rolleyes
(08-21-2017, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooo Nazis are okay, but the people defending the Nazis, they're horrible people. Rolleyes

Where did that idea come from?

I'm vehemently anti-Nazi.  To the point that I've been accused of saying violence against them is acceptable (I didn't and it isn't) or that they should be denied their first amendment rights (I didn't and they shouldn't).

However people defending Nazis would be horrible people.  Too.
At least Boston despite some arrests were peaceful and there were no Alternative Right jerks there.
Happy Halloween
(08-21-2017, 04:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it was fixed saying there are Americans claiming to be Nazis. I'd think most people would think it worse for Americans to claim to BE Nazis as opposed to Americans defending Nazis.

I mostly agree but the devils advocate in me would make the argument that mainstream defense or appeasement of radical ideas only emboldens the radicalism and makes it worse.

Neville Chamberlain may reluctantly agree. Those who use the same argument against radical islamists would agree too.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
"Superior race"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/us/urgent--christopher-cantwell-surrenders/index.html

Quote:Christopher Cantwell, who was featured in a Vice documentary about a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was denied bail on Thursday after turning himself in earlier, a senior law enforcement official said.

Police at the University of Virginia, where a torch-lit march was held on August 11, had issued warrants for his arrest on two counts of illegal use of tear gas and other gases, and one count of malicious bodily injury with a caustic substance. All the charges are felonies.

The New Hampshire resident surrendered to police in Lynchburg, Virginia, on Wednesday.

[/url]
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/ordinary-white-supremacists/index.html]'White supremacists by default': How ordinary people made Charlottesville possible

Cantwell was denied bond in Albemarle County General District Court, according to the senior law enforcement official in Charlottesville. He appeared in court via video conference from the Albemarle County Regional Jail.
A preliminary hearing was set for October 12.

Cantwell and dozens of others marched through the university grounds on August 11, carrying torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "White lives matter." They were protesting a Charlottesville City Council plan to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a nearby park.

Protesters also chanted "blood and soil" -- an English translation of the Nazi slogan "Blut und Boden," which glorified rural living and held that only blood descent can entitle individuals to belonging in the nation.

Cantwell was brash and defiant in interviews with Vice filmed during and after the march. But he appeared tearful in a separate Facebook video the same weekend, saying he might be arrested but not specifying why.

In an interview with The New York Times over the weekend, he said the warrants stemmed from an incident during the march when he pepper-sprayed someone. Cantwell said he acted in self-defense.

"I thought that spraying that guy was the least damaging thing I could do," he told the paper. "In my left hand I had a flashlight. My other option, other than the pepper spray, was to break this guy's teeth. OK? And I didn't want to do that. I just wanted him to not hurt me."
[Image: 170817142838-university-of-virginia-vigi...us-169.jpg]
On August 12, white nationalists gathered for a "Unite the Right" rally and clashed with counterprotesters in downtown Charlottesville. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed when a car plowed into a crowd of counterprotesters.

The alleged driver, James Alex Fields Jr., 20, has been charged with second-degree murder and other offenses. His next court appearance is Friday.

Two Virginia state troopers were killed in a helicopter crash nearby after monitoring events during the "Unite the Right" rally.
I just wanted to add that the POTUS still has not replied to the Nazi who said he wasn't racist enough because he allowed his beautiful daughter to marry a Jew.

I know he has to keep complaining about the media and his fellow Republicans and retweeting memes...but, you know...Nazis.
**** Cantwell.
(08-25-2017, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: I just wanted to add that the POTUS still has not replied to the Nazi who said he wasn't racist enough because he allowed his beautiful daughter to marry a Jew.

I know he has to keep complaining about the media and his fellow Republicans and retweeting memes...but, you know...Nazis.

You want the President of our country to be required to have to reply to every single random jerkoff and a-hole out there?

I thought you didn't want him tweeting?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]