Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 10:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like saying driving cars into crowds is a "Muslim thing"?

Like that?

Mellow

You know it is, yet you choose to be disingenuous.

Lets just say this white supremacists learned from the best. 
The fact that leftists put on displays of unprovoked acts of violence before and after an election lessens their credibility in terms of which side started the fight.

These supremacists knew what they were in for and came prepared. 
(08-13-2017, 08:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Counter-protesters from yesterday:
[Image: 20729141_10155078364818732_4818792445706...e=5A36C67C]

Among them my pastors, the bishop of the Virginia Synod of the ELCA (who is retiring in September), and the bishop-elect.

OMG!  Look at them!

No wonder those poor, innocent nazis were defending themselves.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2017, 09:27 AM)Vlad Wrote: You know it is, yet you choose to be disingenuous.

Lets just say this white supremacists learned from the best. 

Mellow

Pretty much the right's playbook around here.

Make an accusation...be proven completely wrong...accuse the other guy of being disingenuous rather than admit they were wrong.

Rock On
(08-13-2017, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This could have gone in the other Cville thread. We could, though, talk about the reporters that were maced and had urine sprayed on them by white-nationalists. But th epissing contest over who is worse is ridiculous.

Goes back to the other thread for sure.

But how long did it take one of them to find one thing to start a while new thread on about one person...after spending almost 24 hours defending the trash that rammed their car into a group of innocent protesters.

And it comes from Breitbart.

It says a lot.
(08-13-2017, 09:44 AM)Vlad Wrote: The fact that leftists put on displays of unprovoked acts of violence before and after an election lessens their credibility in terms of which side started the fight.

These supremacists knew what they were in for and came prepared. 

Coming prepared and beating unarmed student with tiki torches, assaulting clergy, and pepper spraying local figures are different things.

Apologist bullshit like this is making things worse.
(08-13-2017, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Pretty much the right's playbook around here.

Make an accusation...be proven completely wrong...accuse the other guy of being disingenuous rather than admit they were wrong.

Rock On

Well, you know, conservative nationalist, conservative religious nut-job. Same cloth, different corners.
These white supremacists are fringe and inconsequential, and certainly aren't going around killing people and blowing things up.

The best counter demonstration would have been for no one to show up...let them walk down the street ignored, and disappointed. Would have loved to see their befuddled looks.

But noooooo, those tolerant holier than thou leftists just gotta be there hoping to start shit.
I took the time this morning to go through some of my GOP friends pages on FB.  Seemed I didn't see much posting during the mess in VA.

Not one post.

Except for one guy.  Self proclaimed libertarian who posted that government is the problem and they oppress people...not other people.  So we just need to get away from being in groups and be individuals!

Again, he's a member of the libertarian PARTY.

He's also against transgenders in the military because of their suicide rate (based on the stuff he's been posting)...but again...be individuals.

So I'm off to church.  It can't be any worse than it is in real life.
(08-13-2017, 10:01 AM)Vlad Wrote: These white supremacists are fringe and inconsequential, and certainly aren't going around killing people and blowing things up.

The best counter demonstration would have been for no one to show up...let them walk down the street ignored, and disappointed. Would have loved to see their befuddled looks.

But noooooo, those tolerant holier than thou leftists just gotta be there hoping to start shit.

I actually agree that ignoring them is best...however that still allows their hateful ideology to be spread.

Peaceful protests are the best overall.

Also being willing to condemn the entire movement of racist trash.

Something that seems lacking around here...and in Washington/NJ.  
The woman who died, a 32 year-old paralegal who was a local. Not some antifa protestor, a local woman that was plowed over by a white-nationalist from Ohio.
(08-13-2017, 10:01 AM)Vlad Wrote: These white supremacists are fringe and inconsequential, and certainly aren't going around killing people and blowing things up.

Well, they did go around killing people yesterday.

The white nationalists wanted to incite the violence, they got what they wanted. And in the number of skirmishes that happened, it wasn't just leftists that started shit. Plenty of times the nationalists threw the first punches.
(08-13-2017, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: I took the time this morning to go through some of my GOP friends pages on FB.  Seemed I didn't see much posting during the mess in VA.

Not one post.

Except for one guy.  Self proclaimed libertarian who posted that government is the problem and they oppress people...not other people.  So we just need to get away from being in groups and be individuals!

Again, he's a member of the libertarian PARTY.

He's also against transgenders in the military because of their suicide rate (based on the stuff he's been posting)...but again...be individuals.

So I'm off to church.  It can't be any worse than it is in real life.

I'm kind of dreading church, because I know these wounds will be ripped open again, this morning. But I feel like I need it.
because breitbart is always truthful....
People suck
(08-13-2017, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: I actually agree that ignoring them is best...however that still allows their hateful ideology to be spread.

So?

And the performance by the counter demonstrators is gonna stop them?
All it does is to provoke them.
Everyone has the right to protest. No one has the right to be violent, that is breaking the law. The police should warn them once to disperse. If they refuse I would open fire on them and kill all those rightwing nazi loving bastards. Many American soldiers lost their lives fighting those morons. We need to eradicate these vermin no matter how much it hurts Drumph. It figures those white nationalist worship a little peep squeak of a man with a stupid looking mustache and a severe case of Flatulence. They are just like him.
(08-13-2017, 10:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they did go around killing people yesterday.

The white nationalists wanted to incite the violence, they got what they wanted. And in the number of skirmishes that happened, it wasn't just leftists that started shit. Plenty of times the nationalists threw the first punches.

How many?...and it was their intent?
(08-13-2017, 10:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm kind of dreading church, because I know these wounds will be ripped open again, this morning. But I feel like I need it.

There is cuddle therapy available too. That's especially good for atheists .
(08-13-2017, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not one post.

Yet 8 pages here in one day.

The irrational exuberance over finding something you can pin on whitey.
(08-13-2017, 10:45 AM)Vlad Wrote: How many?...and it was their intent?

One dead, several more still in the hospital. What other intent is there when driving into a crowd of people?