Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Am I Unrealistically Excited?!
I really do have both voices in my head. There's the part of me that says, other than Trey Hendrickson there are no All Pro candidates on the defense this year (unless someone really blows up) and the offense hinges on Burrow and we're just not sure how he'll look in a 17 game (hopefully 20 or 21 game) season. Will he go the distance? Will the wrist be the same and 100%? Does he still have the magic?

On the other hand, part of me says, we were a solid Oline away from winning a Super Bowl. We now have an Oline that could very well be solid. We have the same DC that figured out how to stop Patrick Mahomes (albeit with DJ Reader and Jessie Bates help) and Mahomes arguably has less weapons now.

Anyways, you play the games because you don't know how it will turn out. The season is long and if I were a coach I might be given to saying things like "Keep fighting till the last man and the last down." Because that is what it will take.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 05:08 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I really do have both voices in my head. There's the part of me that says, other than Trey Hendrickson there are no All Pro candidates on the defense this year (unless someone really blows up) and the offense hinges on Burrow and we're just not sure how he'll look in a 17 game (hopefully 20 or 21 game) season. Will he go the distance? Will the wrist be the same and 100%? Does he still have the magic?

On the other hand, part of me says, we were a solid Oline away from winning a Super Bowl. We now have an Oline that could very well be solid. We have the same DC that figured out how to stop Patrick Mahomes (albeit with DJ Reader and Jessie Bates help) and Mahomes arguably has less weapons now.

Anyways, you play the games because you don't know how it will turn out. The season is long and if I were a coach I might be given to saying things like "Keep fighting till the last man and the last down." Because that is what it will take.

Anything can happen that is for sure. We also might have that player come out of nowhere on Defense that could become an All Pro 
like Trey. Players like CTB, Turner, Battle, Stone and on the DL Myles Murphy, Ossai, Rankins or BJ Hill all have upside, anyone could 
have a great year. Logan Wilson was clearly hurt last season and had surgery proving that was the case, same with Sam.

On Offense as long as Burrow stays healthy along with the OL I think they will be very good and hard to stop.

One thing that Zac's teams have proven to me over the last 3 years and maybe even more so last year in barely missing the Playoffs
is they fight late in the season as hard as any team. Sure said a lot to me with Burrow going down and Jake Browning at QB and us 
still being in it till the end.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just made up because you're salty. After JB's first year we signed Riley Reiff and drafted an Olineman in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th rounds. The next year we bring in Cappa, Karras, and Collins, the year after that we bring in OBJ. The Bengals have invested heavily in the Oline since JB cam into the league. 

As to "pitch count", What other elite NFL QB is on a pitch count? 

I'm actually glad you're the new Fred Toast. Incomplete, hypocritical, contraband, non-critical thinkers were about to run short around here...

- Reiff was shot and we'll past his prime. Same with Collins. Not exactly an investment into the O line. More of a bandaid. 

The Lions once drafted a WR in the 1st round 3 years in a row. All of them were trash. Does that count for anything? NO. Neither does your Bengals used draft picks response. It's stupid to ignore the results.

I appreciate the cuteness and golly gee willicker Leave It To Beaver mindeset of applauding the "try", but try is worthless. It is succeed or fail. Bengals failed at those draft picks and failed to put an above avg O line aroind Burrow for the majority of his career thus far.

The result is what matters. Carman, Smith, & Hill combined for 3 snaps last season... all on Special Teams. That is failure. The FAs they have signed have been sometimes good and sometimes just ok.

Burrow is going into his 5th season. They just added OBJr last year. That's 75% of Burrow's season with a below avg LT (Williams). His line has been bad most of his career and he has been smashed for it.

Your pitch count rebuttal is missing context: What other QB has been sacked and hit like Burrow while having anything close to this injury track record? NONE.

ZT playing Burrow after that calf injury when he couldn't even backpeddle from shotgun was INSANE and grossly irresponsible to do to Joe. This win a single game at all costs mindset they keep throwing Joe into is what has gotten him crushed and risked his future senselessly. 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 06:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm actually glad you're the new Fred Toast. Incomplete, hypocritical, contraband, non-critical thinkers were about to run short around here...

- Reiff was shot and we'll past his prime. Same with Collins. Not exactly an investment into the O line. More of a bandaid. 

The Lions once drafted a WR in the 1st round 3 years in a row. All of them were trash. Does that count for anything? NO. Neither does your Bengals used draft picks response. It's stupid to ignore the results.

I appreciate the cuteness and golly gee willicker Leave It To Beaver mindeset of applauding the "try", but try is worthless. It is succeed or fail. Bengals failed at those draft picks and failed to put an above avg O line aroind Burrow for the majority of his career thus far.

The result is what matters. Carman, Smith, & Hill combined for 3 snaps last season... all on Special Teams. That is failure. The FAs they have signed have been sometimes good and sometimes just ok.

Burrow is going into his 5th season. They just added OBJr last year. That's 75% of Burrow's season with a below avg LT (Williams). His line has been bad most of his career and he has been smashed for it.

Your pitch count rebuttal is missing context: What other QB has been sacked and hit like Burrow while having anything close to this injury track record? NONE.

ZT playing Burrow after that calf injury when he couldn't even backpeddle from shotgun was INSANE and grossly irresponsible to do to Joe. This win a single game at all costs mindset they keep throwing Joe into is what has gotten him crushed and risked his future senselessly. 
Unlike you; I'm going to reply to you like an adult.

Of course, trying matters and I provided you with numerous examples of how the Bengals have made moves to improve JB's Oline. Has it worked out? No. Have they spent money and assests to try to make it work? Yes

JB takes more sacks than most because he's on record of saying "not all sacks are bad". If he was a 3-step throw QB his sacks would be about half.

Tua and Herbert are a couple QBs that have taken a lot of sacks and been plagued by injury, so your "NONE" rebuttal is moot; unless you're asserting we should "pitch count" JB because he's fragile. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote