Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I just old school?
Or did anyone else get offended by the Antonio Brown celebration. Maybe offended is the wrong word. More disgusted. IDK. I feel it was classless, and it doesn't have to do with him being a Steeler and my Bengal bias. If Jeremy Hill did this, I wouldn't endorse it either. I'm all for dancing and celebrations, but that to me crossed the line.

Here I am though, and they are replaying it over and over on every sports channel, talking about it on sports websites, and fully embracing it. Is this just what society has become? I can remember Randy Moss getting into a large bit of trouble for faking "mooning" the crowd. I found that funny at the time, yet this twerking thing is just wrong to me.....

I'm not some stubborn old man either, I'm 25 years old haha. It isn't keeping me up at night, but good God the amount of love being thrown this guys way for thrusting in the endzone is insane to me.

On top of all that, when he gets fined (inevitable), he says "nothing to a boss.".... I say if the NFL wants to prove that that kind of stuff is unacceptable, they should suspend him for a game... Maybe that would get through to the boss.

Stay Classy Antonio
Reply/Quote
It's dumb but I don't really care what he does.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's dumb but I don't really care what he does.

Eh as long as you admit its dumb, that's all I need. I agree, must be hard as a Steeler fan to complain when a guy is that good.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't offended, but it was sheer bafoonery... William Gaye's 45 minute long celebration of a pick six off McCarran was great too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: I wasn't offended, but it was sheer bafoonery... William Gaye's 45 minute long celebration of a pick six off McCarran was great too.

Haha at least he was celebrating an achievement. Set a record for pick 6s in a certain amount of games in a row right? The only reason that was overdone is because of how long it was, otherwise, whatever.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or did anyone else get offended by the Antonio Brown celebration. Maybe offended is the wrong word. More disgusted. IDK. I feel it was classless, and it doesn't have to do with him being a Steeler and my Bengal bias. If Jeremy Hill did this, I wouldn't endorse it either. I'm all for dancing and celebrations, but that to me crossed the line.

Here I am though, and they are replaying it over and over on every sports channel, talking about it on sports websites, and fully embracing it. Is this just what society has become? I can remember Randy Moss getting into a large bit of trouble for faking "mooning" the crowd. I found that funny at the time, yet this twerking thing is just wrong to me.....

I'm not some stubborn old man either, I'm 25 years old haha. It isn't keeping me up at night, but good God the amount of love being thrown this guys way for thrusting in the endzone is insane to me.

On top of all that, when he gets fined (inevitable), he says "nothing to a boss.".... I say if the NFL wants to prove that that kind of stuff is unacceptable, they should suspend him for a game... Maybe that would get through to the boss.

Stay Classy Antonio

I guess I agree with you.

A mild celebration I don't mind--but pelvic isolations on national TV do cross a line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is one guy who thinks Brown's celebration is no big deal.  Probably not a parent.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2016/9/16/12935862/steelers-wr-antonio-brown-receives-two-fines-nfl-continues-to-be-awful
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 10:42 AM)Dill Wrote: Here is one guy who thinks Brown's celebration is no big deal.  Probably not a parent.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2016/9/16/12935862/steelers-wr-antonio-brown-receives-two-fines-nfl-continues-to-be-awful

Well I actually agree with this guy. If pelvic thrusting is a $21,000 fine, then targeting someone should be much higher than $24,000 (the fine given to the Broncos player). There definitely is an issue there that needs to be addressed...

Not surprised though, the league bans you 4 games for playing hard between (and slightly after) the whistle, and same or less for cheating, domestic abuse and drug/DUIs.....
Reply/Quote

[Image: brownbackwards_medium.gif]Hate the Steelers, Luv the antics!!!! ThumbsUp
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I don't like celebrations. Just play the game and show your talent on the field of play. I wish the NFL would do away with them altogether.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 11:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Personally, I don't like celebrations. Just play the game and show your talent on the field of play. I wish the NFL would do away with them altogether.

He gets penalized for them, but what does he care where the kickoff is and/or where the defense has to start on the field?
Reply/Quote
Seems trashy and low class to me
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 01:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He gets penalized for them, but what does he care where the kickoff is and/or where the defense has to start on the field?

Maybe kick them out of the game on the first offense.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or did anyone else get offended by the Antonio Brown celebration. Maybe offended is the wrong word. More disgusted. IDK. I feel it was classless, and it doesn't have to do with him being a Steeler and my Bengal bias. If Jeremy Hill did this, I wouldn't endorse it either. I'm all for dancing and celebrations, but that to me crossed the line.

Stay Classy Antonio
I thought he looked like a Moron.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 11:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Personally, I don't like celebrations. Just play the game and show your talent on the field of play. I wish the NFL would do away with them altogether.

How I feel as well.  Let your play do the talking and hand the ball to the ref.

[Image: fNrbYeMT_x96W3TU2FkDPpdnK4rsR1VbXsCPxBUw...glYbokufgg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don't care how or what he does to celebrate. It's funny to me. Probably funny to him to see some of the reactions from it. If there were no reaction he'd probably would stop or do something else. But as long as he gets attention and reactions he'll keep doing it while laughing at reactions and comments.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:20 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I don't care how or what he does to celebrate. It's funny to me. Probably funny to him to see some of the reactions from it. If there were no reaction he'd probably would stop or do something else. But as long as he gets attention and reactions he'll keep doing it while laughing at reactions and comments.

I don't mind simple celebrations, an Ickey shuffle or ball spiking or chest bumps. What was offense about Brown's celebration was the sexually suggestive movements. Children are watching and they don't need to think that's acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:37 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't mind simple celebrations, an Ickey shuffle or ball spiking or chest bumps. What was offense about Brown's celebration was the sexually suggestive movements. Children are watching and they don't need to think that's acceptable.
At least he wears a helmet, and children don't have to see that haircut.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:17 PM)jason Wrote: At least he wears a helmet, and children don't have to see that haircut.

LOL
Reply/Quote
It is what it is. A dumb celebration, but not something I'm going to get angry about. I think we kind of amplify it because he's a Steeler on this board. ( Don't worry, I too dislike the Steelers. )
Reply/Quote