Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(06-06-2024, 12:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is really crazy when you see him move. I am a bit envious of you guys that get to go to games and see this big man in real life...

DJ ReAder grew up playing baseball and was a great Pitcher, I don't know if Mims has ever played baseball...

Yeah, that is why you just have to pfft PFF sometimes.

Watching Mims as a Bulldog in film though has me extremely excited for this player though. He handled everybody, even JT of OSU 
who gave every other Tackle in this Draft class tons of trouble.

From looking at that photo I can assure you that Mims has never played baseball...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 03:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this guy even half way lives up to the hype and potential surrounding his abilities, the Bengals will be in great shape at the RT spot for years to come.

He's definitely changed my mind about the pick. My main concern was his lack of snaps, but the kid is doing everything right thus far. High praise from the vet linemen on the squad. Yeah, they fn crushed this year's draft imho. JB has some very good weapons at TE now.  Rankins saying all of the stuff that us fans want to hear. Won't be much longer now.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: From looking at that photo I can assure you that Mims has never played baseball...

Hasn't everybody played baseball when they were a kid?

But yeah, happy his technique is all about football cuz that sure looked funky lol

(06-06-2024, 04:47 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's definitely changed my mind about the pick. My main concern was his lack of snaps, but the kid is doing everything right thus far. High praise from the vet linemen on the squad. Yeah, they fn crushed this year's draft imho. JB has some very good weapons at TE now.  Rankins saying all of the stuff that us fans want to hear. Won't be much longer now.

Watch his film when you can Coach. I had the same concerns until I watched his film, dude is polished as can be, great feet, hand placement,
movement with the best balance I have seen in an OL. Amarius Mims is special and after I watched his film, I didn't want anybody over him, 
even Byron Murphy who I had extremely high on my board.

As much as I loved Byron Murphy I would of been a little sad if we didn't get Amarius Mims. So happy we got this guy, I am not sad we didn't
get Byron Murphy.
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of scouts and now PFF extremely high on Mims. In 2024, we need him to be at a minimum a great swing OT. If he beats out Brown (if Brown is healthy) it would say a lot about his talent.

I hope he progresses and can stay healthy, if so, I think he could be our RT for many years, but also could fill in at LT if Brown were hurt IMHO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are a lot of scouts and now PFF extremely high on Mims. In 2024, we need him to be at a minimum a great swing OT. If he beats out Brown (if Brown is healthy) it would say a lot about his talent.

I hope he progresses and can stay healthy, if so, I think he could be our RT for many years, but also could fill in at LT if Brown were hurt IMHO.

Mims and his versatility as a swing Tackle is one of his other great traits. He could even play Guard on either side according to his Georgia
O-line coach. This is also why he could be one of our best picks on OL since Whit. The problem with Carman is he just can only play on one
side and specifically one position. This is not the case with Mims.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are a lot of scouts and now PFF extremely high on Mims. In 2024, we need him to be at a minimum a great swing OT. If he beats out Brown (if Brown is healthy) it would say a lot about his talent.

(06-07-2024, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mims and his versatility as a swing Tackle is one of his other great traits. He could even play Guard on either side according to his Georgia
O-line coach. This is also why he could be one of our best picks on OL since Whit. The problem with Carman is he just can only play on one
side and specifically one position. This is not the case with Mims.

I dont think Mims will be the swing tackle.  IMO, he will play RT only.  If OBJr goes down there is zero doubt in my mind that Trent Brown slides over to LT, the guy has thousands of snaps on the left side.  Mims is the RT of the future, I think they will want him to be fully prepared at that spot.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 10:16 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think Mims will be the swing tackle.  IMO, he will play RT only.  If OBJr goes down there is zero doubt in my mind that Trent Brown slides over to LT, the guy has thousands of snaps on the left side.  Mims is the RT of the future, I think they will want him to be fully prepared at that spot.

Probably right, just nothing wrong with having a OL with Mims versatility. Just helps and opens up options in case Orlando or Trent Brown
go down. The thing with Trent is he cannot stay healthy from his history but Orlando usually stays healthy knock on wood. But yeah, if TB 
did stay healthy and Orlando went down he would be the most likely to fill in at LT like you say.
Reply/Quote