Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
WR Carousel
(06-07-2024, 06:58 PM)Bengalsz06 Wrote: It also lets other team bring everyone in tight without a deep threat and if you think Burton is as good as Chase then you are right but give me a break He is a third round pick That could be a problem with ok # in collage. no history with Joe like chase. He wont know the plays It just seem way to risky when I want to Win a Superbowl. If he proves he is great and i'm not talking pre-season in real games and I have never seen this staff Make that kind of decision on i Hope he is good. and if you were going to do that Why not Yoshi at least he knows the plays and Joe likes him

Burton will know the plays, he is learning them right now just like Chase did as a rookie and Tee before him.

No one is saying Burton is as good as Chase, we are saying Chase could be much better in the Slot where he had his best game as a pro.

Burton just has to be better than Boyd on the outside, not hard to do as Boyd wasn't good on the outside with his lack of speed.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 06:58 PM)Bengalsz06 Wrote: It also lets other team bring everyone in tight without a deep threat and if you think Burton is as good as Chase then you are right but give me a break He is a third round pick That could be a problem with ok # in collage. no history with Joe like chase. He wont know the plays It just seem way to risky when I want to Win a Superbowl. If he proves he is great and i'm not talking pre-season in real games and I have never seen this staff Make that kind of decision on i Hope he is good. and if you were going to do that Why not Yoshi at least he knows the plays and Joe likes him

I dont think I agree with anything you have said.  Joe likes Yoshi... yet Joe intentionally would NOT throw to Yoshi because he ran the wrong routes.  Your lack of understanding of the slot and how it could disrupt defenses is kind of odd.  Chase's presence could assist the run game as the LBs would have to be involved with Chase possibly resulting in hesitation, the play action game would open up for much of the same reason.

You don't think that the slot can be a deep threat?  Somebody forgot to tell CeeDee Lamb and Tyreek Hill this.

You think Burton has to be as good as the Top 2 WR in the league for the offense to do well?
You dont think Burton will know the plays?  As a rookie Chase won ROY, I think he picked up the playbook just fine and he hadn't played a down of football in over a year.  Burton was very good at Georgia and Alabama, Im not concerned about his ability to learn the playbook.

The fact that he was drafted in the 3rd round means absolutely NOTHING.   Amon-Ra St. Brown was drafted in the 4th Round, he is pretty good.  Kupp was a 3rd Rounder.  Tyreek Hill was a 5th Rounder.  Puca Nacua was drafted in the 5th. Nico Collins & Tank Dell, both drafted in the 3rd Round.  You getting the picture?

We all want to win a Super Bowl, your thought process seems a tad less refined when it comes to understanding the slot position.

Reply/Quote
WR Carousel is the perfect thread title because that's likely what it's going to look like. Zac Taylor has had a slight rotation at WR over the last few years and I expect that to ramp up more because they have varying players with different skill sets.

With Tyler Boyd no longer dominating the slot snaps I expect Chase's slot snap count to increase from 35% ish slot snaps to 45% to 50%. Because of Chase's increase in slot snaps more boundary snaps 2ill be available for Andre Iosivas and Jermaine Burton. I expect Burton to take more boundary his rookie year than inside.

As for Charlie Jones I've heard more than one Bengals media member mention that the coaching staff was not impressed and expected him to be a bit more polished.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can’t see them not signing Chase long term,he’s a special talent. I agree the market is crazy but the Bengals can make it work. The cap went up and the Bengals have the money. They paid Burrow what other young guys are they saving money to pay if you don’t pay Chase ? Outside of Cam Britt-Taylor ? They didn’t pay Bates or Reader and Tee is gone next year. Far as the Chiefs not paying guys they traded Hill and got assets. They restocked by crushing the draft. Trent McDuffie was an all pro , Dax Hill is switching positions in year 3. Creed Humprhey’s was a 2nd rd. stud and we got a guy like Jackson Carman. They got Trey Smith in the 6th rd. and Geroge Karlaftis was another young guy who’s had a huge impact.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burton will know the plays, he is learning them right now just like Chase did as a rookie and Tee before him.

No one is saying Burton is as good as Chase, we are saying Chase could be much better in the Slot where he had his best game as a pro.

Burton just has to be better than Boyd on the outside, not hard to do as Boyd wasn't good on the outside with his lack of speed.

We won't know on rookies till real games happen, Boyd was a stud rookie hopefully  Burton will be the same
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 06:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We won't k ow on rookies till real tome happens, Boyd was a stud rookie hopefully  Burton will be the same

Until what happens? Say What

Also, “stud” is a bit much. Boyd had 600 yards and 1 TD as a rookie.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 12:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Until what happens? Say What

Also, “stud” is a bit much. Boyd had 600 yards and 1 TD as a rookie.

real games happen, all speculations with rookies until season begins
Reply/Quote
Hmmm thoughts on ....

Bleacher Report’s Alex Ballentine feels that the Bengals would be a great fit for Hunter Renfrow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-analyst-believes-cincinnati-bengals-would-be-good-fit-for-pro-bowl-wide-receiver/ar-BB1oaytj?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=9862393b218f47e0afc2e235340a989d&ei=11
Reply/Quote