Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America Culture...
Can someone explain to me why America and the Media always forcing their agenda ??.... Media constantly wants the people to accept people like Kardashians!! Politicians, Musicians, Actors people who seem to have it all. America seems over the top with fame and trying to make everyone accept the new movement... being Man turning into Woman or Gays or Race etc... Why can't everyone just chill out why are so many people wanting to convince the masses their opinion their way of life is what is in?

Or am I wrong are the Kardashians and those type of people successful don't have to work real jobs and do whatever they want in life?
Reply/Quote
Media works like the fashion world. Quality does not matter. All that matters is being popular and up to date.

New fashion in clothes and design is not about making something better. It is just about being the "newest" and "best known". That is what is happening with television and mass media. All people care about is being the first to know something or being part of what is most popular. Being "current" is more important than being clever or having any substance.

So the media is not forcing anything on anyone. It is just feeding the masses what they want. No one forced anyone to watch the Kardashians.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Media works like the fashion world.  Quality does not matter.  All that matters is being popular and up to date.

New fashion in clothes and design is not about making something better.  It is just about being the "newest" and "best known".  That is what is happening with television and mass media.  All people care about is being the first to know something or being part of what is most popular. Being "current" is more important than being clever or having any substance.

So the media is not forcing anything on anyone.  It is just feeding the masses what they want.  No one forced anyone to watch the Kardashians.

A Brilliant Man and A Brilliant Mind..  Beautiful...   
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one forced anyone to watch the Kardashians.

Kim's ass would disagree.  Confused
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:15 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: A Brilliant Man and A Brilliant Mind..  Beautiful...   

Marlon totally wants to work Fred's wang.  
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 10:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Can someone explain to me why America and the Media always forcing their agenda ??....  Media constantly wants the people to accept people like Kardashians!! Politicians, Musicians, Actors people who seem to have it all.   America seems over the top with fame and trying to make everyone accept the new movement...  being Man turning into Woman or Gays or Race etc...   Why can't everyone just chill out why are so many people wanting to convince the masses their opinion their way of life is what is in?

Or am I wrong are the Kardashians and those type of people successful don't have to work real jobs and do whatever they want in life?

I have no idea of who you're talking about. Medias are neutral, you just get interest of what you want to. If you don't want these informations, just get to other ones.

This is always pointing to inner issues.

People interested in conspiracy theories are lying to themselves, people interested in racist things have a problem with that. People interested in gay problems have a problem with that. 

It's that simple.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Putting train-wrecks on tv generally makes people feel better about their live and problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 09:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Putting train-wrecks on tv generally makes people feel better about their live and problems.

Jerry Springer
Murray Povich
Honey Boo Boo

All these reality shows

People watch them and say to themselves "At least I'm not as bad as they are".
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:03 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Jerry Springer
Murray Povich
Honey Boo Boo

All these reality shows

Exactly !
Reply/Quote
This often serves as an adequate explanation for many of my questions about why a lot of different people do or say a lot of different things.

[Image: e5KeC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 09:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Putting train-wrecks on tv generally makes people feel better about their live and problems.

Murray Povich
Honey Boo Boo

All these reality shows

But on the other hand people obsess over the rich and famous.  A famous person can get a reality show where fans will tune in to watch him pick up his laundry and eat an apple.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:34 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: Kim's ass would disagree.  Confused

Best post in this thread.
Reply/Quote
Heart 
(10-31-2015, 04:45 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Marlon totally wants to work Fred's wang.  

hahhaa ....  I TOTALLY Love the Guy!!!  I think he is the smartest man in the world...   :heart:
Reply/Quote
Clearly some of you have never seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AMRbqY6w
Reply/Quote
Murray Povich
Honey Boo Boo

All these reality shows

so we are lowering the bar.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so we are lowering the bar.

Those shows would indicate the bar is laying on the ground at this point.  I honestly don't know how anyone one can watch that crap.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 03:02 PM)crispy Wrote: Those shows would indicate the bar is laying on the ground at this point.  I honestly don't know how anyone one can watch that crap.

neither do i... i do watch a few reality shows because there is little else on TV but its like hells kitchen and survivor lol not the kardisans not the osbornes none of that crap.
Reply/Quote
There is no forced agenda. There are hours and hours of days to fill. The bias you perceive — only focusing on the negative or the famous or the tragic — is in yourself and how much time you spend with the news.

There are more than a dozen news channels, hundreds of news radio stations, thousands of daily newspapers, tens of thousands of weekly newspapers and tens of thousands of magazines. I couldn't guess the number of legitimate news sites. In TV news alone, there's MSNBC, HLN, CNN (x2), ESPN (x?), Fox, Fox Sports, Bloomberg, CNBC, Weather Channel. Those are thousand of hours filled up with everything from cute pictures of cats to school shootings to Manziel meltdown countdowns.

I put out a weekly paper. We had an airplane crash here in January. The family died, all except one little girl. For three weeks, we did 1-2 stories a week on the investigation, and how the girl was doing. I only had one person make comments we were trying to capitalize off the girl or the tragedy. The comment was "that's all that's in there" and that there was "other things going on." I laughed. The comment was dumb. One front page story versus 19 other pages of news. For the three weeks, that's one story on 3 pages versus 57 other pages.

But the comment was made because of perception. The person heard everyone talking about it, they saw other stories on the news and in print — they were seeing it everywhere so they thought we were "pushing" it.

I criticize national media a lot, but most of the "bias" is simply your perception. If you want to stop seeing stories about the Kardashians, stop clicking links of Kim's naked butt. If you want to stop hearing about wife beating members of the Cowboys, change the channel, or send an email to some of ESPN's advertisers that you've stopped watching the channel because that's all Mike & Mike were talking about.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:10 PM)Benton Wrote: There is no forced agenda. There are hours and hours of days to fill. The bias you perceive — only focusing on the negative or the famous or the tragic — is in yourself and how much time you spend with the news.

There are more than a dozen news channels, hundreds of news radio stations, thousands of daily newspapers, tens of thousands of weekly newspapers and tens of thousands of magazines. I couldn't guess the number of legitimate news sites. In TV news alone, there's MSNBC, HLN, CNN (x2), ESPN (x?), Fox, Fox Sports, Bloomberg, CNBC, Weather Channel. Those are thousand of hours filled up with everything from cute pictures of cats to school shootings to Manziel meltdown countdowns.

I put out a weekly paper. We had an airplane crash here in January. The family died, all except one little girl. For three weeks, we did 1-2 stories a week on the investigation, and how the girl was doing. I only had one person make comments we were trying to capitalize off the girl or the tragedy. The comment was "that's all that's in there" and that there was "other things going on." I laughed. The comment was dumb. One front page story versus 19 other pages of news. For the three weeks, that's one story on 3 pages versus 57 other pages.

But the comment was made because of perception. The person heard everyone talking about it, they saw other stories on the news and in print — they were seeing it everywhere so they thought we were "pushing" it.

I criticize national media a lot, but most of the "bias" is simply your perception. If you want to stop seeing stories about the Kardashians, stop clicking links of Kim's naked butt. If you want to stop hearing about wife beating members of the Cowboys, change the channel, or send an email to some of ESPN's advertisers that you've stopped watching the channel because that's all Mike & Mike were talking about.

yeah but really how someone preceives something is there reality.
Reply/Quote