Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Rescue Plan
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/03/06/eight-common-sense-amendments-to-covid-relief-that-democrats-voted-down-n2585815

Priorites... right ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, political grandstanding shouldn't have been the GOP's priority, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
2 things: the Keystone Pipeline will kill more jobs in the long term than it will create in the short term, so **** that thing and anyone who wants it.

Second thing: all of those private schools got enough of a break the last 4 years under DeVos, so they can pull themselves out of the gutter with all the extra money they've pocketed or they can drown in their own mistakes. You know, capitalism and all of that.
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading about the first one. The Scott amendment would prevent any Covid funding going to any state that has some sort of investigation pending regarding nursing homes. That's dumb as shit. That's not common sense and it was rightfully shot down. The clear purpose of it is to prevent any relief from going to New York state.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:18 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/03/06/eight-common-sense-amendments-to-covid-relief-that-democrats-voted-down-n2585815

Priorites... right ?

Regretfully I followed your link. Thought the gal who authored the piece looked suspect so i clicked on her. 

[attachment=998]

Pretty sweet add for the mind melting power of right wing media popped up
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 01:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Regretfully I followed your link. Thought the gal who authored the piece looked suspect so i clicked on her. 

Pretty sweet add for the mind melting power of right wing media popped up

Yea, Townhall is like DailyKOS but for Conservatives 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:18 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/03/06/eight-common-sense-amendments-to-covid-relief-that-democrats-voted-down-n2585815

Priorites... right ?

A question: did COVID relief under Trump also go to prisoners?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:08 PM)Dill Wrote: A question: did COVID relief under Trump also go to prisoners?

I believe so... but I haven't confirmed it. 

Edited the thread title to include further discussion.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:08 PM)Dill Wrote: A question: did COVID relief under Trump also go to prisoners?

Why yes. Yes it did. And not a peep out of a single conservative Senator or Representative. 
Reply/Quote
Some of those were good, some were just dumb and some were just grand standing.

And some were probably super uninformed, like rubio's. I can't speak to what's going on in every state, but here schools are still supplying teachers, meals, tutoring, etc. No, in some places all the kids aren't there, but it's not like districts aren't still spending close to the same amount. Yeah, they're saving on some things like transportation, but that's a drop in the bucket.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 08:07 PM)Benton Wrote: Some of those were good, some were just dumb and some were just grand standing.

And some were probably super uninformed, like rubio's. I can't speak to what's going on in every state, but here schools are still supplying teachers, meals, tutoring, etc. No, in some places all the kids aren't there, but it's not like districts aren't still spending close to the same amount. Yeah, they're saving on some things like transportation, but that's a drop in the bucket.

I'd like to see some of the texts from these amendments, but almost all of them just sound like quick soundbites for Repubs to use disingenuously come election time.
Reply/Quote