Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It kind of seems like the Taylor is getting to pick his own staff
While we don't need a Safety, I'd atleast see what Landon Collins price tag was. We could play one of Collins or Williams at LB and our coverage would be way better.

He'd probably be way out of our price range I'd assume though.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: James actually rated about 35th last year according to PFF but Trent Brown was only 32. They were 0.2 off from each other and both had a score over 70, which means solid. Plus, being in the 30’s isn’t bad when you think about there being 64+ starting OTs in the league.

In PFF’s list of top FAs for 2019, James was rated higher than Brown.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-09-2019, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: James actually rated about 35th last year according to PFF but Trent Brown was only 32. They were 0.2 off from each other and both had a score over 70, which means solid. Plus, being in the 30’s isn’t bad when you think about there being 64+ starting OTs in the league.

In PFF’s list of top FAs for 2019, James was rated higher than Brown.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, i am sold on James.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 10:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While we don't need a Safety, I'd atleast see what Landon Collins price tag was. We could play one of Collins or Williams at LB and our coverage would be way better.

He'd probably be way out of our price range I'd assume though.

Yeah, Landon Collins is one of the best young Safeties in the NFL. I bet he would be really spendy.
Reply/Quote
I'm all in on LJ Fort. Probably $3 million a year gets him.

I'd also try to sign Jordan Hicks.

Hicks/Fort/Vigil as the LB's. I'd also look to bring in a cheap backup like Anthony Chickillo.

Ideal scenario in the draft would be to trade down to a team that wants a QB and pickup an extra 2nd Round pick.

Then, draft an OT in the 1st Round. In the 2nd Round, go 2 of 3 - Guard, TE, or WR. In the 3rd Round, go remaining position or LB so we get a backup.
Reply/Quote