Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An optimistic take
We are not much different to how we started last year. 1-1 losing to bad Bears team and barely beating Vikings. Joe missing time with appendectomy has him and entire offense out of sync. With 4 new starters on Offensive line it will take time to gel. We had the unfortunate situation of a long snapper in game 1 and some favorable calls for the Cowboys in game 2. We have no major injuries to key players yet. We start playing well we can gain momentum and it can steamroll and lead to a winning streak.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:28 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We are not much different to how we started last year. 1-1 losing to bad Bears team and barely beating Vikings.  

Except we are 0-2, and supposedly looking to repeat the SB run.

Not coming off of 4-12 season facing a last place schedule.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess essentially you could be correct as if the Vikings don’t fumble we were looking at 0-2, but we are SUPPOSED to be better than the beginning of last year. It’s frustrating and the fact that no 0-2 teams made the playoffs last year has me worried, but at this point I just want to see a decent offense.
Reply/Quote
Anyone that can't see this team is bad as a whole, I don't know what to tell them.. Give me 1 positive of this team right now.. Coaches blow, Offense blows, defense blows.. Special teams is IDK? It's bad. I don't even know how they begin to fix it..
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:34 AM)Tony Wrote:  Give me 1 positive of this team right now..

We have a shot to avoid 0-17 with the Falcons on the schedule. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Our schedule is rough. The second half of the year we are likely playing a playoff team every game. It's not a good year to have a rough start. The coaches better figure this out quick because if we don't win the next two games we will be looking at a gauntlet of must win games against top tier playoff games. It's hard to imagine a team with this much talent missing the playoffs but it could happen if we don't start taking care of business.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:34 AM)Tony Wrote: Anyone that can't see this team is bad as a whole, I don't know what to tell them.. Give me 1 positive of this team right now.. Coaches blow, Offense blows, defense blows.. Special teams is IDK? It's bad. I don't even know how they begin to fix it..

We are loaded with Young talent....    Just need the right coaches.

Being 1-1 when there is no expectations is one thing..

Being 0-2 When we "improved" after a superbowl appearance and have faced 2 backup Level QBs    is very concerning...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: We have a shot to avoid 0-17 with the Falcons on the schedule. 

Thanks bud, I feel better now. I needed that this morning..
Reply/Quote
We've got to get better or at least get more Ws, regardless. With that being said I always point out that in 2010 7 of our 12 losses were by one score. The 2009 magic disappeared in 2010, so hopefully it comes back soon to the 2022 season.

I'd also be really happy to see us NOT have to rely upon some late game magic to beat the Jets. A W would be a W and all, but I'd really like to not have to go into the second half and say "Down by 2+ scores...just what we need to start playing well!"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We are loaded with Young talent....    Just need the right coaches.

Being 1-1 when there is no expectations is one thing..

Being 0-2 When we "improved" after a superbowl appearance and have faced 2 backup Level QBs    is very concerning...

Idc what anyone says.. This is all the coaches and Oline fault. Those hits have finally affected Burrow..
Reply/Quote
only 1 game out for division lead. just have to win division to sneak into playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We've got to get better or at least get more Ws, regardless.  With that being said I always point out that in 2010 7 of our 12 losses were by one score.  The 2009 magic disappeared in 2010, so hopefully it comes back soon to the 2022 season.

I'd also be really happy to see us NOT have to rely upon some late game magic to beat the Jets.  A W would be a W and all, but I'd really like to not have to go into the second half and say "Down by 2+ scores...just what we need to start playing well!"

Nothing would make me happier than the Bengals coming out against the Jets and just absolutely smoking them. Like 28-7 at the half or something.

This team has been very frustrating to watch because, even when we were running hot last year, we were often either behind or just barely ahead at half time. We did have the game against Pittsburgh and the game against Baltimore where we were winning 31-3 and 31-14 at the half, respectively, but those were major outliers in the season. The 3rd highest lead we held at half time was 10-0 against Detroit and then we had a hand full of 7 point leads.

I want Sunday to be like those Baltimore/Pittsburgh games where the game is over at half time. We really need to show the NFL that we aren't a bunch of lucky losers. That we belong in the playoffs and that Joe Burrow is a top 5 QB.

Because, right now, Burrow is barely playing at top 20 status.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:34 AM)Tony Wrote: Anyone that can't see this team is bad as a whole, I don't know what to tell them.. Give me 1 positive of this team right now.. Coaches blow, Offense blows, defense blows.. Special teams is IDK? It's bad. I don't even know how they begin to fix it..

A team where the coaches, offense and defense blows, we still almost won both our games so far. How's that for 1 positive? ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Because, right now, Burrow is barely playing at top 20 status.

Burrow has 3 TDs to 5 turnovers and a 73.1 rating, I don't know which metric you want to go by, but he's lower than 20 in a few cases, I'd wager.  It's only 2 games and all, but so far he's way under par for the league and for his own standards.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow looks completely broken, so yeah...there is actually a huge difference from last year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:28 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We are not much different to how we started last year. 1-1 losing to bad Bears team and barely beating Vikings. Joe missing time with appendectomy has him and entire offense out of sync. With 4 new starters on Offensive line it will take time to gel. We had the unfortunate situation of a long snapper in game 1 and some favorable calls for the Cowboys in game 2. We have no major injuries to key players yet. We start playing well we can gain momentum and it can steamroll and lead to a winning streak.

With four new starters on the o-line they should have been playing together at minimum the first half of each preseason game. Every game regulr season is too important to waste we cant spend the first quarter of the season trying to learn how to gel, it should have already been in process.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe Burrow looks completely broken, so yeah...there is actually a huge difference from last year.

Yes, he does. Looking more and more like last year was a fluke. They aren't winning their division or making playoffs this year guys. Not happening. Too many almost plays, too many missed Intercepts, too many missed tackles, too many sacks, too many running plays losing yards, too many predictable play calls, too many missed 3rd and 3 or 4th and 1 muffed, too many FG's when they needed a TD. It all adds up to possible .500 year or close to it. Well, can't be .500 but close. 

I'd say it will be very tough to win 7 or 8 games this year. If they continue like the first 2 they may not win any. It's possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: Except we are 0-2, and supposedly looking to repeat the SB run.

Not coming off of 4-12 season facing a last place schedule.

And with MIA looking like an actual good offense now, this team could be 1-3 or even 0-4 going into BAL in primetime.

I'm worried about the Bengals having a losing record going into the bye now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: A team where the coaches, offense and defense blows, we still almost won both our games so far. How's that for 1 positive? ThumbsUp

Is this horseshoes or something? I see that as finding ways to lose..
Reply/Quote
Our kicking game looked fixed at least. The long snapper did well. So there’s that at least.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote