Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anarumo tells lawson to not use all of his pass rush moves
Can somebody remind me why we kept this dude? What coach would tell his best pass rusher to limit his moves? Unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
Context? Article? Quote? Anything?

I'm not a Lou fan in the slightest, but maybe it's a weak move? Much like pitchers in MLB, just because you can throw 7 different pitches doesn't mean that you can throw 7 different *quality* pitches and it's silly to get beat on your 6th or 7th best pitch.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Context? Article? Quote? Anything?

I'm not a Lou fan in the slightest, but maybe it's a weak move? Much like pitchers in MLB, just because you can throw 7 difference pitches doesn't mean that you can throw 7 different *quality* pitches and it's silly to get beat on your 6th or 7th best pitch.

I think he got it off that stupid puppet show from Ace Boogie. Lou supposedly told Lawson to only use certain moves. My guess is so he could keep mobile QB's contained instead of getting pushed too far deep and opening lanes like Dunlap was doing before he left.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Context? Article? Quote? Anything?

I'm not a Lou fan in the slightest, but maybe it's a weak move? Much like pitchers in MLB, just because you can throw 7 difference pitches doesn't mean that you can throw 7 different *quality* pitches and it's silly to get beat on your 6th or 7th best pitch.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/2/5/22258710/carl-lawson-bengals-news

I know I watched Lawson’s interview on Ace’s channel when he had him on and don’t remember if Lawson said that or not. I do think Ace and Zim get some behind the scenes info out of these guys though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I won’t be surprised if we’re unable to re-sign either Lawson or WJ3. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play for Lou Anarumo if I had options.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:41 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Can somebody remind me why we kept this dude?  What coach would tell his best pass rusher to limit his moves?  Unbelievable.

Plenty of coaches would direct a player to only use particular moves in specific situations.  Many tools in the box, but important to use the correct tool to properly get the job done.  For example;  I wouldn't want my DE performing a masterful spin move to the outside versus a team with a mobile QB, who might step up and through the gaping lane to the outside and exploiting my swiss cheese LB Corps.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I won’t be surprised if we’re unable to re-sign either Lawson or WJ3. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play for Lou Anarumo if I had options.

There's more coming out about Lou that shows he's not well deemed by the players. THat's not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I won’t be surprised if we’re unable to re-sign either Lawson or WJ3. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play for Lou Anarumo if I had options.

As a DB, this is one of the last places I would want to play.  I hate to sound so pissy, but this team hasn't had a pass rush for some time.  They expect their CBs to cover way too long.  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Plenty of coaches would direct a player to only use particular moves in specific situations.  Many tools in the box, but important to use the correct tool to properly get the job done.  For example;  I wouldn't want my DE performing a masterful spin move to the outside versus a team with a mobile QB, who might step up and through the gaping lane to the outside and exploiting my swiss cheese LB Corps.  Mellow

Yeah.  Stuff like that is just common sense.

Also, though this may not be the case here, Chad Johnson used to try not to use all his various releases, tricks, etc.  Reason being, he wanted to have things he could to when he really needed it that wasn't on tape and the opposition wouldn't expect.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As a DB, this is one of the last places I would want to play.  I hate to sound so pissy, but this team hasn't had a pass rush for some time.  They expect their CBs to cover way too long.  

It’s amazing our secondary was as good as they were. Imagine if we actually had a pass rush...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s amazing our secondary was as good as they were. Imagine if we actually had a pass rush...

I don't put as much on the pass rush specific to the DEs, but the interior was awful.  You could see opposing QBs just step up in the pocket when pressure was coming outside.  I was initially disappointed with Reader, but then he started to come on right when he was injured.  And we all know Geno wasn't Geno at all.  I penetrating DT that can pressure a QB up the middle is a high priority for this team.  I really doubt Barmore will be there in the 2nd round, but I would love to see that guy next to Reader.  
Reply/Quote
Love Ace; he's a good guy and he provides great insight.

This is clearly a hitpiece, on the level of tabloid shit; it may be completely true, but the article literally says, "an 'outisde' source told Boog, who told me."

Come on.

And, as mentioned, there may have been a reasoning that ISN'T a negative one or something may have been taken completely out of context.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Love Ace; he's a good guy and he provides great insight.

This is clearly a hitpiece, on the level of tabloid shit; it may be completely true, but the article literally says, "an 'outisde' source told Boog, who told me."

Come on.

And, as mentioned, there may have been a reasoning that ISN'T a negative one or something may have been taken completely out of context.

It's everything.
Reply/Quote
If he told him this before the Eagles game then this story changes completely.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah.  Stuff like that is just common sense.

Also, though this may not be the case here, Chad Johnson used to try not to use all his various releases, tricks, etc.  Reason being, he wanted to have things he could to when he really needed it that wasn't on tape and the opposition wouldn't expect.

Yeah, I'm no fan of Lou, but without some context from the original source, it just looks like a "gotcha" piece.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm no fan of Lou, but without some context from the original source, it just looks like a "gotcha" piece.

Also this seems like a conversation the DL coach not the DC would have with a player doesnt it if it ever happened.
Reply/Quote
If this is true its just another indictment that Lou and
Taylor need to go because ZT okayed Lou telling Lawson
This.
Imagine the Bucs defensive coach telling Barrett he can only
Use 2 pass rush moves.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 01:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If this is true its just another indictment that Lou and
Taylor need to go because ZT okayed Lou telling Lawson
This.
Imagine the Bucs defensive  coach telling Barrett he can only
Use 2 pass rush moves.

well if he only had 2 worth using but tried to use flashier moves that didnt work then sure...

CONTEXT is always needed for everything or else your just knee jerk reacting to your imagination
Reply/Quote
Some just still don't realize football is a team sport. If you have one end who has all kinds of moves, but if he doesn't get home against a mobile QB it opens huge lanes, then of course you tell him not to use them. Notice who Lawson is reported to have used all his moves on??? Pissburgh and their fat decrepit couldn't run 10 yds if he had to QB.....
I remember the first Cleveland game, Dunlap kept trying to go around the tackle and would get pushed deep past the pocket, opening huge lanes. If I was Anarumo, I would have told him not to use that move because it was killing us.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 12:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also this seems like a conversation the DL coach not the DC would have with a player doesnt it if it ever happened.

This is what I was thinking, would be Eason more so than Lou who is gone now.

If there is one thing Lou is good at it is coaching the Secondary.
Reply/Quote