Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Ringo was his name-o
(12-19-2018, 03:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think it's just that more was expected from him this year. He should be taking up more blockers, longer, to free up Atkins.... (you iknow, like Peko used to do)

He is way more explosive then peko ever was though. He has had more QB hits and TFLs then Peko has ever had in a season.  Him and Geno are one of the best NT 3T pairings in the NFL right now. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is way more explosive then peko ever was though. He has had more QB hits and TFLs then Peko has ever had in a season.  Him and Geno are one of the best NT 3T pairings in the NFL right now. 

So, how many has Billings had?  What are the numbers for Peko's best season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, how many has Billings had?  What are the numbers for Peko's best season?

Peko best season he had 6 TFLs and 6 QB hits 
Billings has had 7 TFLs with 7 QB hits with 2 games left.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is way more explosive then peko ever was though. He has had more QB hits and TFLs then Peko has ever had in a season.  Him and Geno are one of the best NT 3T pairings in the NFL right now. 

(12-19-2018, 03:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Peko best season he had 6 TFLs and 6 QB hits 
Billings has had 7 TFLs with 7 QB hits with 2 games left.

Alright! ThumbsUp  And still has two games to go, making me feel good Jake, thanks. Cool

We all know i was probably the biggest Billings pusher around, happy to know i wasn't completely wrong.

He is still so young too, the future is pointing nowhere but up for this DT. Just need a decent DC.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright! ThumbsUp  And still has two games to go, making me feel good Jake, thanks. Cool

We all know i was probably the biggest Billings pusher around, happy to know i wasn't completely wrong.

He is still so young too, the future is pointing nowhere but up for this DT. Just need a decent DC.

Also, he has doubled his tackle totals in less games (though I'm not sure about snaps) and has gotten 2.5 sacks.

He absolutely had a miserable first 3/4 weeks, but he has been quite good since then.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I didn't think Billings was doing that good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He sure as **** looked like shit on game day in the past.

I watch the line a helleva lot.

Especially when the QB is having more time than usual and RBs are gashing us.

Please tell me you're seeing good/great production from Billings.

Am I missing something?!?

I don't believe it...  like... at all.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A lot of the runs we give up is the linebackers being out of place. I'm not sure if Billings is as good as some people believe but the whole front seven has been a disappointment this season,
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:49 PM)mon4078 Wrote: A lot of the runs we give up is the linebackers being out of place. I'm not sure if Billings is as good as some people believe but the whole front seven has been a disappointment this season,

Well you don't give up historically poor numbers on defense without someone on the line to get blame.

I swear posters on here will tell you how great Geno and Dunlap are playing, and also tell you that Billings is ranked as high as Mixon per PFF.

They'll also tell you that Hubbard is meh and MJ is just a whipping boy that's really not bad at all.

Well if all of the above are true shouldn't the front line as a whole be playing above average at the least?

They're not.

Have they been playing better the last two games?  Certainly.

I just don't believe it when we're told as a season that this unit is playing well especially Billings.

Something has got to be incorrect.
Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to re-watch losses; I save them for the offseason, but last year not only was Billings on the ground a lot, he also opened up huge lanes in the run game.

I think he improved on his awareness, maybe that's what they are seeing. He doesn't seem to be aimlessly in the backfield playing the man not the ball as much.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well you don't give up historically poor numbers on defense without someone on the line to get blame.

I swear posters on here will tell you how great Geno and Dunlap are playing, and also tell you that Billings is ranked as high as Mixon per PFF.

They'll also tell you that Hubbard is meh and MJ is just a whipping boy that's really not bad at all.

Well if all of the above are true shouldn't the front line as a whole be playing above average at the least?

They're not.

I just don't believe it when we're told as a season that this unit is playing well especially Billings.

MJ is bad. Willis is bad.

Atkins and Dunlap are playing well.

The DT's that play next to Atkins are playing like average NFL tackles. They're not terrible. They're not great.

Hubbard makes a lot of splash plays. He's not great in other areas...but he's improving and I think that as he gains NFL experience that he's going to be a good player. Put Lawson out there too and I think they'll get a lot of pressure.

The Linebackers are absolutely terrible. The defense is bad because of the linebackers. There are stats that show how many yards they've given up in pass coverage.

The secondary as a whole is atleast average...maybe a little better.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 08:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He sure as **** looked like shit on game day in the past.

I watch the line a helleva lot.

Especially when the QB is having more time than usual and RBs are gashing us.

Please tell me you're seeing good/great production from Billings.

Am I missing something?!?

I don't believe it...  like... at all.

I don't see it either. I didn't watch the Raiders game though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well you don't give up historically poor numbers on defense without someone on the line to get blame.

They're not.

We're not historically bad anymore; we've had our last 2 games UNDER 300 yards FFS, the last 6 games have been great on D, for yards surrendered.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:47 PM)jason Wrote: I don't see it either. I didn't watch the Raiders game though.

Count me as part of the Don’t see it crowd as well. A lot of guys see him as a draft steal, I see a guy who fell in the draft for a reason.
Reply/Quote
I've seen every game and I can tell you that Billings has had some moments, but I will also tell you that we miss Ryan Glasgow very badly. We're just a better d-line when he's the guy rotating with Billings.

We're going to be in a draft position to improve our defense in the first round. I don't count on us drafting early enough to get Devin White, and I'm not sure there's another LB worthy of a pick in the top 15. I could see us taking a D-lineman in the 11-13 range.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're not historically bad anymore; we've had our last 2 games UNDER 300 yards FFS, the last 6 games have been great on D, for yards surrendered.

In those last two games was there a reduction in snaps for Billings?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:39 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In those last two games was there a reduction in snaps for Billings?

Don't believe so but...

(12-20-2018, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: I've seen every game and I can tell you that Billings has had some moments, but I will also tell you that we miss Ryan Glasgow very badly. We're just a better d-line when he's the guy rotating with Billings.

We're going to be in a draft position to improve our defense in the first round. I don't count on us drafting early enough to get Devin White, and I'm not sure there's another LB worthy of a pick in the top 15. I could see us taking a D-lineman in the 11-13 range.

... that's a bingo; if Billings could be properly supplanted, he'd be even better and having Glasgow would be even better as well.

Injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:22 AM)HuDey Wrote: Count me as part of the Don’t see it crowd as well. A lot of guys see him as a draft steal, I see a guy who fell in the draft for a reason.

Almost every year, people act like we drafted 5-6 quality starters in a draft. That's not reality.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: I've seen every game and I can tell you that Billings has had some moments, but I will also tell you that we miss Ryan Glasgow very badly. We're just a better d-line when he's the guy rotating with Billings.

Glasgow rated out very highly by PFF in the limited games he played.
Reply/Quote

McShea has us taking White with the 11th pick.
Reply/Quote