Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And finally some common sense from a dem.
You can only play the drunk ladies narratives to put politics over people so far. Looks like some are getting it. Finally!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2020, 07:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You can only play the drunk ladies narratives to put politics over people so far. Looks like some are getting it. Finally!

Not really sure what's in the bill. The last one was bipartisan crap.

Personally, I don't think there should be any bail out money going to corporations sheltering money overseas. I get that it's legal, but if your company records billion dollar profits every year that you aren't paying taxes on, you don't need Joe the plumbers third of his annual income.
I'm not even bothering. Anyone complaining about only one side of the aisle putting politics over people during this situation is blindly naive. Call me when any Republican lawmakers call out McConnell and Trump for doing a whole bunch of that,
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2020, 09:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Not really sure what's in the bill. The last one was bipartisan crap.

Personally, I don't think there should be any bail out money going to corporations sheltering money overseas. I get that it's legal, but if your company records billion dollar profits every year that you aren't paying taxes on, you don't need Joe the plumbers third of his annual income.

I agree. 

(05-17-2020, 09:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not even bothering. Anyone complaining about only one side of the aisle putting politics over people during this situation is blindly naive. Call me when any Republican lawmakers call out McConnell and Trump for doing a whole bunch of that,

Are you serious? Have you looked at 99% of the threads here that you comment on? Don’t lose your medium.

(05-17-2020, 09:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are you serious? Have you looked at 99% of the threads here that you comment on? Don’t lose your medium.

A lot of the time I'm not reading all of the posts, but I'm seeing people complaining about the actions themselves and not putting politics over people. I'm also not seeing anything about Republican lawmakers calling it out. This is what I was commenting on because of your thread being about a Dem calling out Pelosi. Any signs of Republicans calling out McConnell and Trump?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2020, 09:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A lot of the time I'm not reading all of the posts, but I'm seeing people complaining about the actions themselves and not putting politics over people. I'm also not seeing anything about Republican lawmakers calling it out. This is what I was commenting on because of your thread being about a Dem calling out Pelosi. Any signs of Republicans calling out McConnell and Trump?

Fair enough. I almost sounded like click bait. I should not have titled that way. 

(05-17-2020, 09:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not even bothering. Anyone complaining about only one side of the aisle putting politics over people during this situation is blindly naive. Call me when any Republican lawmakers call out McConnell and Trump for doing a whole bunch of that,

Stopped in just to say this:

O
M
G
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Crazy to think the party with the majority of power should take responsibility for a current calamity.
Well I'll be damn.

Common sense coming out of someones mouth on fox news.
(05-18-2020, 12:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well I'll be damn.

Common sense coming out of someones mouth on fox news.

Yeah, unfortunately the fox guy spoiled the moment just trying to paint it as 'defecting Dems from the defective democrats' instead of focusing on what was wrong with the bill. So it's hard to take away exactly what's wrong with it, outside of the lawmaker not liking the process being rushed.
(05-18-2020, 12:38 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately the fox guy spoiled the moment just trying to paint it as 'defecting Dems from the defective democrats' instead of focusing on what was wrong with the bill. So it's hard to take away exactly what's wrong with it, outside of the lawmaker not liking the process being rushed.

Content/substance not really the point for that audience. 

Dem defects! That's the message.  FINALLY a Dem who is "not partisan."
(05-18-2020, 03:23 AM)Dill Wrote: Content/substance not really the point for that audience. 

Dem defects! That's the message.  FINALLY a Dem who is "not partisan."

I think the video said 14 Dems voted against it. I didn't fact check it or anything. I'd say there was a lot to be desired, but who knows.
(05-17-2020, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stopped in just to say this:

O
M
G

Aww, how special. Stopping in just to highlight how much you misunderstand (or misrepresent, I'll be generous and say it isn't intentional) my posts and opinions in all of this.

Yes, this is what happens when a party isn't down with
the whole "Supreme Leader" style of running things; They'll have disagreements sometimes. Most of the GOP in the legislative branch are absolutely terrified of outwardly disagreeing with the head of their party because he has shown he'll strike out at them.
(05-17-2020, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stopped in just to say this:

O
M
G

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4717e1cc915373ae7558...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2020, 08:58 AM)treee Wrote: Yes, this is what happens when a party isn't down with
the whole "Supreme Leader" style of running things; They'll have disagreements sometimes. Most of the GOP in the legislative branch are absolutely terrified of outwardly disagreeing with the head of their party because he has shown he'll strike out at them.

:andy: 

the GOP has normalized behavior in which you attack Republicans who disagree with Trump by calling their wives ugly and in turn those Republicans who disagree then lick his boots. 

Outright lies and conspiracy theories drive the GOP platform and are fed to low information voters.

It's not surprising that seeing a Democrat have a disagreement with Democratic leadership elicits this response. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-18-2020, 01:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: :andy: 

the GOP has normalized behavior in which you attack Republicans who disagree with Trump by calling their wives ugly and in turn those Republicans who disagree then lick his boots. 

Outright lies and conspiracy theories drive the GOP platform and are fed to low information voters.

It's not surprising that seeing a Democrat have a disagreement with Democratic leadership elicits this response. 

A little extreme but yeah, I got excited about it. The stimulus should be about the virus and nothing else. No reason to slide stuff in there that doesnt apply. It's one of those things where you add things that are important to you that has nothing to do with Rona, then say GOP is bad for voting against it. Do you really care about the american people if you are using the pandemic as a political edge? 

(05-18-2020, 02:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A little extreme but yeah, I got excited about it. The stimulus should be about the virus and nothing else. No reason to slide stuff in there that doesnt apply. It's one of those things where you add things that are important to you that has nothing to do with Rona, then say GOP is bad for voting against it. Do you really care about the american people if you are using the pandemic as a political edge? 

The sad thing is that this is just reality in Washington. Clean bills almost never happen. Party leadership is constantly attaching things to bills to pull this kind of stunt.

That being said, me being me I can almost always give a good explanation for why something was attached to a bill. It's all about that spin. LOL

(05-18-2020, 02:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The sad thing is that this is just reality in Washington. Clean bills almost never happen. Party leadership is constantly attaching things to bills to pull this kind of stunt.

That being said, me being me I can almost always give a good explanation for why something was attached to a bill. It's all about that spin. LOL

I don't understand it. To me it seems sneaky, and it is. Another thing that seems sneaky is creating a bill and giving people 24-48hrs to read it. Not saying if they had 2 weeks to read it they would, but the perception doesnt lay well with me. No, not pointing at dems, just politics in general.