Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And it starts... (Moving the Chains)
I wanted to post this yesterday but I was in the car, listening to NFL on Sirius. Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. The were running on and on about how "Due to the covid, no team should actually play a rookie Quarterback this year.... SURELY they wouldn't do that." I just laughed, I know one team that will...….. and Stealers fans are crying everywhere. They sounded almost panicked.
Reply/Quote
Both were adamant in their stances that Dalton should be the Bengals starter for 2020 even before the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The reasoning be they won’t be prepared? Dalton survived a lockout and took the team to the playoffs... I wouldn’t write off anyone
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I wanted to post this yesterday but I was in the car, listening to NFL on Sirius. Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. The were running on and on about how "Due to the covid, no team should actually play a rookie Quarterback this year.... SURELY they wouldn't do that." I just laughed, I know one team that will...….. and Stealers fans are crying everywhere. They sounded almost panicked.

I bet Burrow already has the playbook down mentally and could recite every formation and route. All he has to do is get his timing down with the receivers. It won’t take long to get up to speed.
Reply/Quote
They do realize our rock solid vet QB is Finley, right?
Reply/Quote
Early in the process the PK amd Millz were interviewing "The Chin" and he stated the Bengals should take no less than a 2nd rounder for Andy. They did the same thing will Tommy Maddox when they drafted Big Ben.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Early in the process the PK amd Millz were interviewing "The Chin" and he stated the Bengals should take no less than a 2nd rounder for Andy. They did the same thing will Tommy Maddox when they drafted Big Ben.

I almost forgot about that interview.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They do realize our rock solid vet QB is Finley, right?

Oh lord help us!  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Nice to be feared and you havent even suited up yet.

Reply/Quote
I thought I read somewhere that Training Camp could start in mid July. That should make up for no OTAs.

The big question will be did the team work out on their own.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The reasoning be they won’t be prepared? Dalton survived a lockout and took the team to the playoffs... I wouldn’t write off anyone....

Especially Joe Burrow. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The reasoning be they won’t be prepared? Dalton survived a lockout and took the team to the playoffs... I wouldn’t write off anyone

What lockout? I don't remember a lockout Daltons 1st year?

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What lockout? I don't remember a lockout Daltons 1st year?

For real? It was the same year as the CP9 drama. Baby Bro Jordan had to try to hold the offense together during the off season by scheduling group practices. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? It was the same year as the CP9 drama. Baby Bro Jordan had to try to hold the offense together during the off season by scheduling group practices. 

For real. I don't remember any of this. 

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What lockout? I don't remember a lockout Daltons 1st year?

Definitely a lockout year.  Camp started mid-August.  We signed Howard, Clements, and Lawson quick after the deal was reached.  

I remember my bother-in law's wedding in Bowling Green being the Saturday before opening day, which was vs the Browns.  Lots of Cleveland fans there were asking if I thought we'd go 3-13 or 2-14.  I told them that they were still the Browns, and were about to make Andy 1-0 as a NFL starter.  Fun times.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's that big of a deal to have a rookie QB starting this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Why does the national media not want the Bengals to succeed?

(To be fair, I'm not familiar with the guys talked about in this thread.)
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 05:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Definitely a lockout year.  Camp started mid-August.  We signed Howard, Clements, and Lawson quick after the deal was reached.  

I remember my bother-in law's wedding in Bowling Green being the Saturday before opening day, which was vs the Browns.  Lots of Cleveland fans there were asking if I thought we'd go 3-13 or 2-14.  I told them that they were still the Browns, and were about to make Andy 1-0 as a NFL starter.  Fun times.  

OK, it was a lockout over the CBA. Now I get it and kind of remember it. 

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They do realize our rock solid vet QB is Finley, right?

Oh lordy...we are in trouble! 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
One of them is a huge Steelers homer so whatever
Reply/Quote