Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
And the season is officially over
(10-18-2020, 07:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What about the fans that expected 6-9 wins? (The reasonable ones)

I think they're pretty happy, no? 

I mean, winning 6 to 9 games usually doesn't make the playoffs so what you're looking for in those seasons is growth of your young players that result in wins vs lesser competition with the occasional surprising win. 

Essentially, those years sacrifice draft position for growth. 

This season we've lost 3 games by 1 possession, two of which we realistically should have won, and tied one game that we also should have realistically won.

The young players are growing and achieving. Burrow just had his 4th 300 yard game in the last 5 games and Tee Higgins just had his first 100 yard game and looked like a legitimate #1 WR.

So we're getting the growth. We're watching the team play well and together. The only difference is we aren't sacrificing the draft position.

If I were predicting 6 to 9 wins, this season would be like a double whammy of value.

The only thing that may change from the losses is the coaches which, honestly, who doesn't want that? 

So this season is accomplishing the growth that a 6 to 9 win season would attribute to a growing team but without sacrificing the draft position because the coaching, which everyone wants gone anyway, have made bad calls before halftime and late in the game. Not a bad deal, imo.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even my 4-12 prediction is looking ridiculously optimistic at this point.

Not to mention mathematically impossible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has Mixon really looked all that good?

Given the line yes I think he has. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 09:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Given the line yes I think he has. 

Meh. The OL was actually getting some push today early on and he still only ran for 54 yds on 18 carries (3.0 avg). Also dropped a TD pass in the EZ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: ...but what a game it was fun to watch. Jessie Bates had a great pick Burrow fitting th ball into very very tight windows. The over all roster still needs alot of work but there are some young players that are fun to watch.

Do you really think these young players are going to want to lose every year? More of the same old with this team. Some things never change.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I look forward to your weekly threads.

Sure does spread sunshine wherever he goes, doesn't he?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If people aren't deflated already, they almost assuredly will be after the Steelers game.

I dont think so.. The hope for even being average is down the drain.I think the way they lost this game really drained people of the littlest of hope. If you look at the prediction threads, Alot of people here pick against the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I predicted 7 wins. I feel extremely silly. They will be lucky to win 4-5 at this rate.

I predicted 6 wins , but I really wanted them to win bad... Still sucks, but you think we would be use to it by now..  It's just they way they lose.. It just crushes any hope..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:36 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: There is talent on this team, but the O-Line is weak and the coaching staff is horrible. If only Mike Zimmer stayed

Bro I agree, but I would like to add the defense is horrid... Teams just do what ever they want. We gave up 57 yards rushing today. I know someone will look at that as a positive when in reality it was only because they got behind and figured out you can throw all over this Defense...
Reply/Quote
This thread sounds like a lot of panic button pushing. Listen to coach not time to push the panic button. Maybe the players like the fans are not listening to the coach.
Reply/Quote
It's still early!! It was one game!! We're not gonna press the panic button!! It's still early!! Wait...did i say that already. 

Well, it was just one game!!!

Pretty soon the Ravens game will be over and there will be no more "just one game, it's still early". Only another season full of losses. 

The "good" thing about this shitstain franchise is that week by week, they make it easier to walk away and just ignore them. 

The sad part is how much joy i get now, knowing that with each loss, their legacy is more and more cemented as one of complete ineptitude and abject failure.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's just the franchise at this point. We all probably knew that already but with Mike and Duke and no Scouts, this team will never win.. Was just watching new stripe city podcast and they said Duke vouched for Zack to be hired. Makes slot of sense..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Another year comes and goes and another lost season. After today the Bengals find themselves at 1-4-1. Honestly looking at the schedule I don't see this team winning another game after today's debacle. Who dey gonna beat them Bengals? Everybody. All we know is pain, this city is cursed

They will win next week.. book it
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:20 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: They will win next week.. book it

Man I love when people say book it. Someone said book it that we would beat the Ravens. My embarrassing loss scrapbook is growing quickly.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:32 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Man I love when people say book it. Someone said book it that we would beat the Ravens. My embarrassing loss scrapbook is growing quickly.

Whoever said Ravens was a book it game needs some help
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Anyone who thought this team was making the playoffs this year was crazy we one two games last year for a reason. What I was looking for this season was to find if we had our future quaterback, coach and that some young players developed in core players moving forward. Burrow looks like the real deal, I don't believe in the coaching staff, Higgins, Bates , and some of the young linebackers are looking good. Sucks Reader got hurt but he was playing well. Dunlap and Atkins basically got benched today. Next year we need to cut bate with Atkins, Dunlap and not resign Green and put money into the O-line. We need to hit on picks and maybe pull the plug on Taylor. The rebuild wasn't happening overnight.
Disagree that people were  crazy for thinking this team could be good
We have been in every game except for the Raven game. 
We should have won today, we should have beaten the eagles, and we should have won the chargers game. Unfortunately we have a dumbass at the helm that doesn't understand how to finish off teams. If we did we would be in prime position for a playoff spot at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:46 AM)J24 Wrote: Disagree that people were  crazy for thinking this team could be good
We have been in every game except for the Raven game. 
We should have won today, we should have beaten the eagles, and we should have won the chargers game. Unfortunately we have a dumbass at the helm that doesn't understand how to finish off teams. If we did we would be in prime position for a playoff spot at this point.

That’s a lot of shoulds...

I get trying to stay positive, but at a certain point you cross over into straight up homerism.

We’re a BAD football team. Our OL sucks. Our DL sucks. Our WR’s are decent at best, but we don’t have a single speed guy that can make big plays. Our running game is non-existent. I don’t even think we have any TE’s. Our LB’s show some promise but they’re super young. Half our DB’s are not very good (Bell & Phillips)

We have a really good young QB (who’s learning on the fly) and a stud at FS. That’s about it.

When you have WAY more weaknesses than strengths you’re not even close to being a good team.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a lot of shoulds...

I get trying to stay positive, but at a certain point you cross over into straight up homerism.

We’re a BAD football team. Our OL sucks. Our DL sucks. Our WR’s are decent at best, but we don’t have a single speed guy that can make big plays. Our running game is non-existent. I don’t even think we have any TE’s. Our LB’s show some promise but they’re super young. Half our DB’s are not very good (Bell & Phillips)

We have a really good young QB (who’s learning on the fly) and a stud at FS. That’s about it.

When you have WAY more weaknesses than strengths you’re not even close to being a good team.

You forgot bad coaching and poor ownership.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty obvious Taylor and company are in WAY OVER their heads, but not for Brown and company. They can always use covid19 as the excuse for poor ticket sales and the excuse to keep Taylor and company. 
Hell, the longer I read about this team the more convinced that the Brown family makes its money by being every team's doormat. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:20 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: They will win next week.. book it

The only thing I'm booking is something else to do on Sundays besides the Bungles. I knew there was a reason I lost interest early on this season. I knew they were playing and didn't bother and now I know why. Perhaps I'll pay attention next season IF they pay a real coaching staff, but I'm not betting on it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote