Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then there were 3
(11-08-2015, 10:18 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: bottom line Denver has both NE and Bengals to play... both though are at Denver and are at Pittsburgh late December.. cold weather could be tough for Peyton.

NE tough games look like at Denver  at Giants and at Jets

Cincinnati tough ones look like  at Denver, at Arizona and home against Steelers

so I would say Denver has tougher schedule but two toughest games are at home and our two toughest are away... 

Don't forget the Rams after Arizona. That game is going to be tough and the Bengals are going to have to jump out early and run up the score to force the Rams to throw the ball. If not, the Rams are going to run the ball down Cincinnati's throat and even though Burfict is back, the Bengals run Defense isn't all that great. But, by that game in 3 weeks, Burfict should be back in mid season shape and the Bengals run Defense will be much better.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Don't forget the Rams after Arizona. That game is going to be tough and the Bengals are going to have to jump out early and run up the score to force the Rams to throw the ball. If not, the Rams are going to run the ball down Cincinnati's throat and even though Burfict is back, the Bengals run Defense isn't all that great. But, by that game in 3 weeks, Burfict should be back in mid season shape and the Bengals run Defense will be much better.

Agree 100%. That game worries me more than Arizona in some ways to be honest.
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, yea. The Panthers will be #2. And they should be. We beat the Browns. They beat the Packers...Only an idiot would not jump the Panthers out.

I disagree that they should be.  Sure we beat the Browns but that and they beat the Packers but that doesn't mean that the Panthers are the stronger team.

Packers just came off a rough game IN Denver and had to travel again to Carolina.  That helps the Panthers, it may not be a huge help, but it had a factor in the Packers coming up short. 

The same thing happened when they played Seattle.  The Seahawks had to play us the week before their match up and had an emotional let down in losing the way they did.  Add to it that the Panthers were on a Bye when the Seahawks played us and that also favors the Panthers.

So the 2 hardest games that the Panthers had this year were both scheduled in favor of the Panthers. 

To me the rankings should be:

NE
Cincinnati
Carolina
Denver
GB
Reply/Quote
For the season almost 20% of Denver's points have been scored by defense and special teams. That is an incredible number.

Patriots look like the #1 team in the league, but they are not as dominating as some people think. They were outgained by both Pittsburgh and Buffalo in close games they won by just one score.
Reply/Quote
Packers defense has completely fallen apart. Over their last 3 games they are allowing almost 500 yards and 30 points per game.

Right now the Arizona Cardinals are a MUCH better team than the Packers.
Reply/Quote
The reality is the Panthers made out like bandits on the schedule for this season. First they play in either the worst or second worst division in football and then even better the schedule rotation has them playing a load of weak teams this season. It happens as a result of the rotation. Where the scheduler REALLY helped them was giving them all of their "tough" games (all 2 of them) at home. There are VERY good reasons why the Panthers are considered the worst undefeated team in NFL history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:11 AM)Joelist Wrote:  Where the scheduler REALLY helped them was giving them all of their "tough" games (all 2 of them) at home. There are VERY good reasons why the Panthers are considered the worst undefeated team in NFL history.

They won in Seattle where the Seahawks probably have the biggest home field advantage in the league.

They have the #4 scoring offense and the #11 scoring defense.

I am not saying they are an elite team, but it is not like all other undefeated teams (Bengals included) have no flaws.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 09:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: UNDEFEATED teams left

Pats
Panthers
WHO DEY NATION

Still surprised the Panthers beat the Packers. Guess they are for real.

who dey!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 09:36 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: Broncos look beatable

But can we beat them in their house without Geno Atkins?  That game worries me.
Reply/Quote
Panthers are not a factor because they are in the NFC.....So Patriots and Bengals are at this point in time the two bye week teams with some home field advantage in the AFC......but of course we do play at Denver, always a hard game, even when Denver has had not so good teams. ....but that is then......For now, Bengals and Patriots sit on top of the AFC. ...GO BENGALS !!!!!

I'm more concerned about being healthy going into the play-offs than unbeaten....after last years game at Indy.....If we can have everybody healthy in the play-offs, we can beat any team, anywhere. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:38 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: According to one of the best football minds alive today, "The Denver loss today was huge, because it means that Denver will have to play the Patriots in New England in the playoffs", said my main man Rodney Harrison!   Hilarious   Sarcasm

Rodney Harrison is a tool.  But that is still an accurate statement if the Bengals take em' one at a time an get the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:11 AM)Joelist Wrote: The reality is the Panthers made out like bandits on the schedule for this season. First they play in either the worst or second worst division in football and then even better the schedule rotation has them playing a load of weak teams this season. It happens as a result of the rotation. Where the scheduler REALLY helped them was giving them all of their "tough" games (all 2 of them) at home. There are VERY good reasons why the Panthers are considered the worst undefeated team in NFL history.

Who cares about the Panthers, they're in the NFC.  Who is undefeated or higher in the power rankings is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:43 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But can we beat them in their house without Geno Atkins?  That game worries me.

What?  Why would we not have Geno?  Did I miss something?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:28 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Rodney Harrison is a tool.  But that is still an accurate statement if the Bengals take em' one at a time an get the #1 seed.

Was that a typo? tool was supposed to be fool?

What I 'think' he was alluding to, was the AFC championship game. He was assuming the Bengals wouldn't be playing.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What?  Why would we not have Geno?  Did I miss something?

He has sickle cell trait.  He either can't play at all or can't play much in high altitudes.  It's happened once before.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He has sickle cell trait.  He either can't play at all or can't play much in high altitudes.  It's happened once before.

Can he load up on vitamins or supplements in the weeks leading up to the game or is it a huge risk either way?  Wonder what you do if you live in Denver and have sickle cell... move??
Reply/Quote
I'm very glad Denver lost yesterday.  It wasn't just a loss - but an AFC loss.
But really, since we play them head-to-head:

1) If we beat Denver, the game yesterday wouldn't matter except to give us one game we could lose at this point (If Denver remains undefeated in their other games for their remaining schedule - which also won't happen) and still be on top of them for the #2 seed at least.
2) If we lose to Denver, and finish tied with them, yesterday's Denver loss really means nothing, as our tied record would then go to head-to-head and Denver would get #2 seed based on head-to-head win.  I suppose if Denver were to lose ANOTHER game more than we do and still beat us - then we could get the #2 based on better record and head-to-head matchup wouldn't matter.  In that case, yesterday's Denver loss would be HUGE.  But they need to lose another for it to mean anything.

But hopefully, we don't even think about Denver because we get the #1 seed over New England.  We don't play New England in the regular season.  Would most like to face them in Cincinnati though Wink
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Don't forget the Rams after Arizona. That game is going to be tough and the Bengals are going to have to jump out early and run up the score to force the Rams to throw the ball. If not, the Rams are going to run the ball down Cincinnati's throat and even though Burfict is back, the Bengals run Defense isn't all that great. But, by that game in 3 weeks, Burfict should be back in mid season shape and the Bengals run Defense will be much better.

The Rams are up and down.. no game is a given,, but I would not put that as a top tier tough game especially since it is at our place.  Funny you worry about our run defense... we actually are in the top 5 to 10 in a couple areas... number of TDs rushing and points allowed which are big... we have a bend don;t break defense  similar to Minnesota... which they just lost to.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He has sickle cell trait.  He either can't play at all or can't play much in high altitudes.  It's happened once before.

I didn't remember hearing that about Geno.  That's OK.  I like the depth we have with Thompson, Sims, Peko, and perhaps Hardison seeing his first action?  Don't get me wrong, but if you watch closely, Geno has been getting much more rest than in the past.  The rotation is working.  It will help keep them fresh for the postseason.  Geno gets another bye week two weeks before the playoffs?  Fine with me.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Can he load up on vitamins or supplements in the weeks leading up to the game or is it a huge risk either way?  Wonder what you do if you live in Denver and have sickle cell... move??

It is a huge risk, and he could have end organ failure.  He will get an additional bye and be ready to dominate in the playoffs after having a couple Flacco sandwiches in week 17.  
Reply/Quote