Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then there were 3
(11-09-2015, 01:04 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm very glad Denver lost yesterday.  It wasn't just a loss - but an AFC loss.
But really, since we play them head-to-head:

1) If we beat Denver, the game yesterday wouldn't matter except to give us one game we could lose at this point (If Denver remains undefeated in their other games for their remaining schedule - which also won't happen) and still be on top of them for the #2 seed at least.
2) If we lose to Denver, and finish tied with them, yesterday's Denver loss really means nothing, as our tied record would then go to head-to-head and Denver would get #2 seed based on head-to-head win.  I suppose if Denver were to lose ANOTHER game more than we do and still beat us - then we could get the #2 based on better record and head-to-head matchup wouldn't matter.  In that case, yesterday's Denver loss would be HUGE.  But they need to lose another for it to mean anything.

But hopefully, we don't even think about Denver because we get the #1 seed over New England.  We don't play New England in the regular season.  Would most like to face them in Cincinnati though Wink
Agree about facing New England at PBS.  Personally, I don't want to see the Bengals have to go into Foxboro and face the Patriots in the AFC Championship game...

I don't see Denver coming anywhere close to winning out.  They play the Bengals, Patriots, Chargers twice, Steelers, and even the Raiders won't be easy.  I say they lose at least three of those... Bengals, Patriots, and at least one other.  They are looking at 12-4 or maybe even 11-5.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:53 AM)OkamiW Wrote: Agree 100%. That game worries me more than Arizona in some ways to be honest.

why are you so worried about Rams over Arizona.. Rams have been so inconsistent this year... they are much weaker at QB... Gurley is good but still a rookie.. Minnesota contained him well.. our defense is very similar in style to Minnesota... plus we play at home.. unlike going to Arizona...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:51 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: why are you so worried about Rams over Arizona.. Rams have been so inconsistent this year... they are much weaker at QB... Gurley is good but still a rookie.. Minnesota contained him well.. our defense is very similar in style to Minnesota... plus we play at home.. unlike going to Arizona...

I agree that Arizona will be the much tougher game.  I am ruling out 16-0 just because going undefeated, even in the regular season, is next to impossible.  Looking at the schedule though, I don't see this team losing more than one, maybe two games.  14-2 would look really, REALLY nice!
Reply/Quote
Is Arizona's D any good?
I sure hope not.

That O is comparable to ours.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:51 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: why are you so worried about Rams over Arizona.. Rams have been so inconsistent this year... they are much weaker at QB... Gurley is good but still a rookie.. Minnesota contained him well.. our defense is very similar in style to Minnesota... plus we play at home.. unlike going to Arizona...

mainly the RAMS Defense usually is pretty good

Plus they have been knocking people out of games
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:22 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agree about facing New England at PBS.  Personally, I don't want to see the Bengals have to go into Foxboro and face the Patriots in the AFC Championship game...

I don't see Denver coming anywhere close to winning out.  They play the Bengals, Patriots, Chargers twice, Steelers, and even the Raiders won't be easy.  I say they lose at least three of those... Bengals, Patriots, and at least one other.  They are looking at 12-4 or maybe even 11-5.

Dude, if we're in the AFC championship game I don't care who we're playing or where!  Rock On
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our record against the NFC is pretty good. I like our chances against the Rams, Cards, and 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Dude, if we're in the AFC championship game I don't care who we're playing or where!  Rock On

Agreed, I just think the chances of victory are much higher in Cincinnati instead of Foxboro.  Not to mention I would love to see all the recognition and excitement that would be generated for the city.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: True, but let's not compare Peyton to Andrew Dalton, not even close to the same league right now. 

True. Dalton is light years ahead.

Manning is 9-13 TD/Int with a 54.2 QBR. 62 % completion %.
Andrew is 18-4 with a 77.6 QBR and 67.4 %.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:29 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agreed, I just think the chances of victory are much higher in Cincinnati instead of Foxboro.  Not to mention I would love to see all the recognition and excitement that would be generated for the city.

i dont know we are undefeated on the road.
Reply/Quote