Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And they try again...
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/586/actions

Quote:H.R.586 - To provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well it does....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-22-2017, 10:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well it does....

Some folks think we should ignore science. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-22-2017, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some folks think we should ignore science. 

Well only when it's about climate change.   Mellow
(01-23-2017, 12:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well only when it's about climate change.   Mellow

or life as the OP demonstrated. 

(01-23-2017, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: or life as the OP demonstrated. 

Nope.  But I'm sure you had a point?
So a miscarriage should be prosecuted as involuntary manslaughter.

As they say folks that want the government to have final say in your sexual reproduction decisions know best.
(01-23-2017, 12:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  But I'm sure you had a point?

Of course I had a point and it was that the OP started a thread about Republicans trying to assert life begins at conception as some hocus pocus. Of course if the OP had no point then...

(01-23-2017, 12:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So a miscarriage should be prosecuted as involuntary manslaughter.

Of course it should not; as should no accidental death of a child. Now if the parent is found to be negligent then....

Makes sense. Who is responsible for praying away the fertilization mid coitus as if it were a tornado? Maybe that should be a pre coitus conversation.
(01-22-2017, 10:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well it does....

Are human gametes alive?
Anyone who's followed this forum at any length knows my opinion on the matter. I'm not going to rehash it. But it's going to be a tough slog for the Republicans to get Roe vs Wade overturned. Have any of you read or watched the record breaking protests by women yesterday? A lot of women out their are worried about what a bunch of old white guys think what they should be able to do with their bodies.

Holy shit. This is so ironic I threw my phone into a wall.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-23-2017, 03:01 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Anyone who's followed this forum at any length knows my opinion on the matter.  I'm not going to rehash it.  But it's going to be a tough slog for the Republicans to get Roe vs Wade overturned.

It's only ever been a wedge issue for Dems.  That case was decided over 40 years ago, by a SCOTUS more conservative (when you consider it was FORTY years ago) than it likely will ever be again.  And, umm, precedent is sort of important so you'd need a really good reason (that I've not seen) to overturn the prior decision.
--------------------------------------------------------

(01-23-2017, 03:28 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's only ever been a wedge issue for Dems.  That case was decided over 40 years ago, by a SCOTUS more conservative (when you consider it was FORTY years ago) than it likely will ever be again.  And, umm, precedent is sort of important so you'd need a really good reason (that I've not seen) to overturn the prior decision.

No partisan bullshit to see here. 
(01-23-2017, 03:01 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Anyone who's followed this forum at any length knows my opinion on the matter.  I'm not going to rehash it.  But it's going to be a tough slog for the Republicans to get Roe vs Wade overturned. Have any of you read or watched the record breaking protests by women yesterday?  A lot of women out their are worried about what a bunch of old white guys think what they should be able to do with their bodies.

I was out there with them. It was a wonderful experience. 

On a related note, one of my most ardent conservative friends, a Tump devotee from day one, showed me a meme the other day. It said, "If abortion is murder, then blow jobs are cannibalism." The folks on the other side of the aisle who want Roe overturned or hassled out of relevance are a minority in their own party and it is time to stop letting them drive that bus. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Life starts when certain definitions are fulfilled. These definitions are man-made, more or less arbitrary and not pre-determined by science.
Yours is an ideological definition, not a scientific one.
(01-23-2017, 10:31 AM)hollodero Wrote: Life starts when certain definitions are fulfilled. These definitions are man-made, more or less arbitrary and not pre-determined by science.
Yours is an ideological definition, not a scientific one.

Okey Doke. I should have learned that in ideology class not Biology. You could have saved me a semester of College.

(01-23-2017, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke. I should have learned that in ideology class not Biology. You could have saved me a semester of College.

Cool, so are human gametes alive?
(01-23-2017, 02:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Cool, so are human gametes alive?

Yep, but it take conception of two of them to create human life.

We've kicked this can down the road before. It's OK, you can accept this basic fact and still be Pro Choice.