Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
Power tandem of Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell hope they have the Organizations ear
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/04/17/anthony-munoz-ken-anderson-give-their-takes-who-bengals-should-draft/7254938002/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Power tandem of Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell hope they have the Organizations ear
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/04/17/anthony-munoz-ken-anderson-give-their-takes-who-bengals-should-draft/7254938002/

What is mind boggling is how viturally everyone "in the know" is saying to take Sewell yet the Bengals are leaning towards Chase (possibly a smoke screen).  When everyone in the room is disagreeing with you, you have to stop and think, "is it I who am wrong?" Unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the smartest person in that room there is a good chance you are wrong. I have zero confidence that the Bengals front office is ever the smartest person in any room, contrary to their own perceptions.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:37 PM)Burma Wrote: What is mind boggling is how viturally everyone "in the know" is saying to take Sewell yet the Bengals are leaning towards Chase (possibly a smoke screen).  When everyone in the room is disagreeing with you, you have to stop and think, "is it I who am wrong?" Unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the smartest person in that room there is a good chance you are wrong. I have zero confidence that the Bengals front office is ever the smartest person in any room, contrary to their own perceptions.

I'm not down Grading Chase, Pitts etc..and I understand there is value there but man when Anderson says the lineman is most important and Munoz raves on Sewell that confirms who I want..
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I'm not down Grading Chase, Pitts etc..and I nderstand there is value there but main when Anderson says the lineman is most important and Munoz raves on Sewell that confirms who I want..

Exactly, You can raise up a player without degrading another. It's not a zero-sum game here. Chase it awesome, Pitts is awesome, and Sewell is awesome. Tie breaker goes to need.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chase played at any other school than LSU. I look back at this year and can't really think of too many people during the season saying "boy, we have a huge need at WR and we really need to address it as a priority in the offseaon"

I just can't figure out why it's happening now.

Now, I can go back and look at nearly every game and say, holy crap, how much better would this offense be if we would run the ball and stop getting out QB hit so much.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chase played at any other school than LSU. I look back at this year and can't really think of too many people during the season saying "boy, we have a huge need at WR and we really need to address it as a priority in the offseaon"

Now, I can go back and look at nearly every game and say, holy crap, how much better would this offense be if we would run the ball and stop getting out QB hit so much.

We definitely need a playmaker at WR. You feel comfortable with Higgins, Boyd and Tate? There's plenty of offensive line help in the draft. It's Chase or bust....
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: We definitely need a playmaker at WR. You feel comfortable with Higgins, Boyd and Tate? There's plenty of offensive line help in the draft. It's Chase or bust....

It is not Chase or bust... 

Such a silly statement.

After the National Championship game everyone was all "Gotta take Smith" prior to his injury Waddle was viewed as possibly the number one WR in the class.

There is talent at WR in all 7 rounds of this draft. 

There is talent at OL in all 7 rounds.

It is simply a case of what group can your offense not function with a bad one at? OL or WR... 

Curious, did Baltimore make the playoffs? They have 1 WR you could name and Higgins and Boyd are better then Hollywood Brown. The have a good OL, run the ball well and play good defense.

If you don't take Chase you can still run an efficient offense with a 2nd round WR (Marshall, Dyami Brown, Elijah Moore).

It's pretty much impossible to run an effective offense with a bad OL. Jonah is an injury concern, Hopkins is coming off an ACL, XSF has been injured three straight years, Spain is average/solid (Auden Tate level), and Reiff is the wildcard who has had success in the NFL at RG...

Chase would be an upgrade but Sewell would be just as big of an upgrade.

Dumb statements like Chase or bust, are why this franchise has sucked since Mike Brown took over.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chase played at any other school than LSU.  I look back at this year and can't really think of too many people during the season saying  "boy, we have a huge need at WR and we really need to address it as a priority in the offseaon"

That's fair.

Did you also question if AJ was adding anything as an x WR?

I mean... the FO did tag the guy.  Was there not some intended value for his position?

He had target #s as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: We definitely need a playmaker at WR. You feel comfortable with Higgins, Boyd and Tate? There's plenty of offensive line help in the draft. It's Chase or bust....

Yeah, I'm comfortable with Higgins, Boyd and Tate plus a guy like Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Bateman, Brown, Collins or Marshall.

I'm still not comfortable with the talent on the o-line.  We signed Reiff to a 1 year deal and Jonah has played how many games since he got here?  We've already seen what this team can do with the O-line.  We definitely need to address it.
Reply/Quote

That is a good point.  Do the Bengals need a feature, #1 WR?  Or do they need a play maker, like Dyami Brown, who is a threat to go deep at any point?  I am leaning more towards the play making WR than the feature WR.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:37 PM)Burma Wrote: What is mind boggling is how viturally everyone "in the know" is saying to take Sewell yet the Bengals are leaning towards Chase (possibly a smoke screen).  When everyone in the room is disagreeing with you, you have to stop and think, "is it I who am wrong?" Unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the smartest person in that room there is a good chance you are wrong. I have zero confidence that the Bengals front office is ever the smartest person in any room, contrary to their own perceptions.

Are former players really "in the know" I doubt they have spent their free time watching film on draft prospects.

Alot draft analysts like Zeirlein, DJ, and Brugler have Chase rsted higher than Sewell and I know at the very least those 3 guys have watched a ton of tape on each prospect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:26 PM)Burma Wrote: That is a good point.  Do the Bengals need a feature, #1 WR?  Or do they need a play maker, like Dyami Brown, who is a threat to go deep at any point?  I am leaning more towards the play making WR than the feature WR.

I think Burrow can do fine without the feature wide receiver just by spreading the ball around and because he's so talented, but a playmaking receiver would make him super-dangerous why also not getting much of a drop-off in the feature receiver with what we have, a free agent, or another draft pick.

I also think Mixon is enough of a weapon that a deep threat/play making receiver would only help Mixon or benefit from him because teams won't be able to play safeties near the line.
Reply/Quote
Laps wants Sewell too:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/10/22375994/bengals-draft-2021-dave-lapham-nfl-rumors-news-penei-sewell-vs-jamarr-chase
Quote:“Who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps and who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps that might help your team the most? I lean toward the tackle. I lean toward Sewell. Here’s a guy that’s going to give you 70 snaps a game if you average 65-70 [offensive] snaps. He’ll help Joe Burrow. He’ll help Joe Mixon. He’ll help the receivers because he’ll be giving Joe Burrow time. He’ll help his teammates on the offensive line. I think the ripple effect of a guy like when Anthony Muñoz was drafted. There’s an example—the ripple effect of that excellence, plus I’m telling you it brings everybody’s level of play up...These kind of guys can lift your organization in a myriad of ways.

It's sorta like linemen think linemen are important
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Laps wants Sewell too:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/10/22375994/bengals-draft-2021-dave-lapham-nfl-rumors-news-penei-sewell-vs-jamarr-chase

Gotta put emotion aside and build the team from the inside out.

Burrow is the franchise and we must protect the franchise at all costs.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Laps wants Sewell too:

They might be onto something. Hopefully front office is listening. 
Reply/Quote

I feel very comfortable with Higgins not pace to break rookie records that is with not really getting starting time till a few games in and with injury..... I see Higgins as a playmaker.. i hope if we draft Chase he can accomplish what Higgins was on pace to do
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Are former players really "in the know" I doubt they have spent their free time watching film on draft prospects.

Alot draft analysts like Zeirlein, DJ, and Brugler have Chase rsted higher than Sewell and I know at the very least those 3 guys have watched a ton of tape on each prospect.

I would say yes plus i take the weight of great players more than i do analysts and Sewell and Chase are neck and neck in prospect rating..
Reply/Quote
Just draft a punter. None of us deserve to be happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Are former players really "in the know" I doubt they have spent their free time watching film on draft prospects.

I can tell you that I'm NOT more in the know than Munoz. Yes, I  consider his and Andersons opinion to have weight.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

You have to look at how well informed those dissenting opinions are versus your own.  If you're Mike Brown, you're paying millions of dollars for a team of people to break down hours of tape on every prospect, plus attend workouts and do interviews to determine how well each prospect fits your scheme and needs and assemble your big board which is going to tell you who to take.  I love Munoz as much as anybody, but when talking about Sewell, he was like "I watched him play a couple of times.". It's not like he's out there breaking down film on all these guys.  The guy's a multimillionaire.  He's got better things to do with his time.  Not to mention that just because a guy was a great player doesn't mean they are also a great talent evaluator.  Case in point, how many QB's has John Elway gone through?

The other thing is Chase vs Sewell isn't a right or wrong.  Both guys could easily become great players.  Both guys could bust.  We could draft Sewell and he could play amazing and Burrow could still get hurt.  We could draft Chase and he could play like crap and Burrow could stay healthy.  We could draft Sewell and get the next Chad Johnson in the 2nd.  We could also get the next Jerome Simpson in the 2nd.  We could draft Chase and get the next Andrew Whitworth or Eric Fisher in the second.  
Reply/Quote