Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Iosivas & Chase Brown article.
(06-26-2024, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopefully Brown proves out and so does Yoshi - it speaks well of them both that they went to a personal coach to get their techniques fixed. You saw the results already during OTAs and camp where (for example) Yoshi is catching with his hands instead of his body.

Yes, you could see how much better he got, now he is running towards the ball and catching it without hesitation with his hands.

This Lieberman looks like a good coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 11:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Paul Dehner did a peice about Yoshi, Brown, and their new wide receiver coach Drew Lieberman for the Athletic.

Full Article: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5588373/2024/06/26/bengals-andrei-iosivas-chase-brown/

Was just coming here to post this. Great article. Zac says we want guys that love ball. The 2 spent 2 months with a wide receiver trainer. That’s impressive
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Now we just need Joey B to have trust in them. He’s so focused on Tee & Chase.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting the article and videos Synric! Very interesting, always glad to see players investing in their own development. If they can bring it onto the field, they will no doubt be rewarded in their second contract. Have high hopes for both players in the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: The article mentions that this is Yoshi's first personal receiver coach and the first one to really break down his routes release to catch.

Obviously pulling for Yoshi, seems like a great kid

[Image: 348286303_949835442895129_63502001159152...e=6682A190]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 07:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Now we just need Joey B to have trust in them. He’s so focused on Tee & Chase.

Yoshi didnt deserve Burrow's trust last year.  He ran the wrong routes and could not make contested catches or hold on to the ball after contact.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 07:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Now we just need Joey B to have trust in them. He’s so focused on Tee & Chase.

Joe trusts those who catch the ball. Hence, his increased passes to Hudson last year.
Reply/Quote

No he's not
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 06:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Yoshi didnt deserve Burrow's trust last year.  He ran the wrong routes and could not make contested catches or hold on to the ball after contact.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 12:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Many on here have mentioned from time to time how this team really needs to hit on some of these late-round guys.
The Bengals may end up doing just that with Iosivas and/or Brown.

Either of these guys could really help take the Bengals offense to the elite level.

I really liked the C. Jones, C. Brown, and Iosivas picks from last year. All were VERY productive college players and Brown and Yoshi are elite athletes. 

They each flashed last year. Sizzles return TD vs Baltimore. Brown's screen pass. Yoshi's 4 TD's. 

With Mixon & Boyd gone, and more formational variations, theyvshould all get a lot more snaps this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I really liked the C. Jones, C. Brown, and Iosivas picks from last year. All were VERY productive college players and Brown and Yoshi are elite athletes. 

They each flashed last year. Sizzles return TD vs Baltimore. Brown's screen pass. Yoshi's 4 TD's. 

With Mixon & Boyd gone, and more formational variations, theyvshould all get a lot more snaps this year.

I am really excited about this Offense if Burrow can stay healthy and the OL can improve and play like they did in the 49ers game last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I really liked the C. Jones, C. Brown, and Iosivas picks from last year. All were VERY productive college players and Brown and Yoshi are elite athletes. 

I'm still not high on Jones. I feel he can absolutely be a great returner, but as a WR, I just think he will always be down on the depth chart, with the players we have: literally everyone is either a better athlete or has had more production per snap.

Him not running out that busted coverage stung as well: it's only one time, but it better not become a habit.

The other two, I feel will be part of the future and core players.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 01:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm still not high on Jones. I feel he can absolutely be a great returner, but as a WR, I just think he will always be down on the depth chart, with the players we have: literally everyone is either a better athlete or has had more production per snap.

Him not running out that busted coverage stung as well: it's only one time, but it better not become a habit.

The other two, I feel will be part of the future and core players.

Eh, Charlie was only healthy for a little bit last year. Hard for me to judge the man.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, Charlie was only healthy for a little bit last year. Hard for me to judge the man.

I don't disagree, but I just don't have a good gut feeling about him, that's all... as a WR.

As a returner, I think he can be outstanding.
Reply/Quote
Where is the Charlie Jones is not athletic narrative coming from?

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 02:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where is the Charlie Jones is not athletic narrative coming from?

*not as*, not not at all.

I mainly was making the comparison in athletic ability to Iosivas and the production comparison to Irwin, then throwing Burton into the mix, it further pushes Jones down.

I can see the Depth Chart being:

Chase
Higgins
Irwin
Burton/Iosivas
Burton/Iosivas
Jones

At best.

But then Jones is your returner/STer
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 03:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: *not as*, not not at all.

I mainly was making the comparison in athletic ability to Iosivas and the production comparison to Irwin, then throwing Burton into the mix, it further pushes Jones down.

I can see the Depth Chart being:

Chase
Higgins
Irwin
Burton/Iosivas
Burton/Iosivas
Jones

At best.

But then Jones is your returner/STer

Well, Yoshi has a RAS of 9.96, so there are not too many who are going to beat him in that. It's sorta like saying he's slower than Xavier Worthy as a negative. 

As to Irwin, I would applaud his "production" as a positive. Dude was in the league 2 years and didn't have 4 catches.

I could easily see Charlie being WR#3 this year. 

Reply/Quote
Bottom line is that Joe’s options are much better. Definitely from an explosive play perspective. Chase Brown is extremely explosive. Gesicki is for a TE. Burton is too. Isovias is more of a tough to cover. How about that OL LOL.

Reply/Quote
I think it's good that Yoshi and Brown have hired a coach to help them improve, but honestly, the majority of NFL players do the same every off-season. I don't understand the hype, other than the fact it's two guys everyone is praying take a big leap on year 2 to fill key positions.

The clips are nice, but getting players to pay him to train with him is Lieberman 's business. He is going to cherry pick clips that show as dramatic a difference as possible to try and put his business in the best possible light. Going by these to gauge improvement is like evaluating a draft prospect based off their highlight reel.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 12:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it's good that Yoshi and Brown have hired a coach to help them improve, but honestly, the majority of NFL players do the same every off-season.  I don't understand the hype, other than the fact it's two guys everyone is praying take a big leap on year 2 to fill key positions.

The clips are nice, but getting players to pay him to train with him is Lieberman 's business.  He is going to cherry pick clips that show as dramatic a difference as possible to try and put his business in the best possible light. Going by these to gauge improvement is like evaluating a draft prospect based off their highlight reel.

It is an off-season fluff peice but it's my kind of fluff peice lol.

I felt like I highlighted some things Yoshi getting to focus for the first time on one sport and Chase Brown maybe becoming a larger part of the receiving offense because Taylor mentioned it offhandly in the exit interview. The videos are the highlight of the article less about the players and more for the fans to see the work into learning how to do eve4ything so fundamentally sound at the pro level. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote