Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith to Arizona

Figured this was coming with the Glenn trade. Hope he does well.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

Figured this was coming with the Glenn trade. Hope he does well.

Those Cards like plucking old Bengals don't they?

Think they paid him a little more than he is worth anyways.

Probably play just okay this year and much better on his last year of the deal.

Would rather have Byron Bell as our RT for insurance or draft McGlinchey at 21.
Reply/Quote
That is right in the ball park of what I was guessing that he was looking for, to end his career on. A 2 year deal, worth 8-12M. He got just that, a 2 year deal for 8M, with escalators as high as 10.2M. Now, can he remain healthy enough to get those escalators kicked in?

On another note, looks like Tackle is still most definitely in play for the early rounds of the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is right in the ball park of what I was guessing that he was looking for, to end his career on.  A 2 year deal, worth 8-12M.  He got just that, a 2 year deal for 8M, with escalators as high as 10.2M.  Now, can he remain healthy enough to get those escalators kicked in?

On another note, looks like Tackle is still most definitely in play for the early rounds of the draft.

Give me a center and T with the first two picks, and I'm drivin' down to your place - first keg and slab of ribs on me !!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he's healthy. Wish someone (other than the Bengals) would sign Bodine.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully he's healthy. Wish someone (other than the Bengals) would sign Bodine.

lmao no one would sign bodine.  100% if he doesn't sign with us he's out of the league the dude is terrible

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully he's healthy. Wish someone (other than the Bengals) would sign Bodine.

Been watching all the sources for this headline myself.

Reply/Quote
lets face it bodine isn't a hot commodity and its not like he would want to " test " free agency. the fact we haven't signed him is a good sign that we won't

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: lmao no one would sign bodine.  100% if he doesn't sign with us he's out of the league the dude is terrible

Somebody will sign him. Hell 5 teams signed Eric Ghiaciuc after we let him walk. 

As to the OP: Good on Andre. Dude gave us all he had. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: lets face it bodine isn't a hot commodity and its not like he would want to " test " free agency.  the fact we haven't signed him is a good sign that we won't

Be patient. We're not even 3 hours into free agency.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: lets face it bodine isn't a hot commodity and its not like he would want to " test " free agency.  the fact we haven't signed him is a good sign that we won't

Eh, Bodine is more of a "week 3" sort of free agent prospect.  Bengals know this, and likely have a low value contract offer extended to him.  Once he "tests the waters", they know he'll be more than happy to play for next to nothing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good luck big man!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Somebody will sign him. Hell 5 teams signed Eric Ghiaciuc after we let him walk. 

As to the OP: Good on Andre. Dude gave us all he had. 

It truly is a sad world sometimes.

Reply/Quote
Now time to sign eifert.
Reply/Quote
Best wishes to Andre and thanks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Although I wish him well, I’m not upset about this loss.

Reply/Quote
I may be the only one, but I haven't given up on Bodine completely yet. Coming out of NC, he was billed as a strong nasty player. I think PA's schemes ruined him. I am not completely sure Pollack can't fix him and get him back to what he was supposed to be. Would I like there to be some competition at that spot, sure, but it would not completely surprise me to see a different Bodine this year.....
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is right in the ball park of what I was guessing that he was looking for, to end his career on.  A 2 year deal, worth 8-12M.  He got just that, a 2 year deal for 8M, with escalators as high as 10.2M.  Now, can he remain healthy enough to get those escalators kicked in?

Well fisher is healthy
Bobby hart and Glenn are new OT's

I think we still grab an OT but maybe a project in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It truly is a sad world sometimes.

plenty of players find success at new homes...   different schemes coaches etc.. can change a players fortunes.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, Bodine is more of a "week 3" sort of free agent prospect.  Bengals know this, and likely have a low value contract offer extended to him.  Once he "tests the waters", they know he'll be more than happy to play for next to nothing.

This is how I see things going with Bodine, sadly. I hope someone takes him off our hands, but I doubt it happens. 

As for Andre, I won't lie. I'm a bit surprised he got that much. He's 31 and he's missed 45 games in 9 years. Didn't he (along with almost everyone else on our line) have a poor PFF grade last year? Either way, I don't hate Andre for it. He seems like a decent enough guy and he had a solid run for us for the most part.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote