Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith waived
Say goodbye to Andre for this year. It is time for him to finally put the Bengals behind him so I sincerely hope this is the last we see of him. His time is past.

TE Morgan Shreck promoted from PS. I do wonder if we have a surprise injury among our seldomly used tight ends that prompted this move

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn, another free agency gem bites the dust.
Reply/Quote
See you later. ( Likely, next year sometime. )
Reply/Quote
Speaking of ex-Bengals:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:13 PM)pally Wrote: Say goodbye to Andre for this year.  It is time for him to finally put the Bengals behind him so I sincerely hope this is the last we see of him.  His time is past.

TE Morgan Shreck promoted from PS.   I do wonder if we have a surprise injury among our seldomly used tight ends that prompted this move

TE's Sample AND Carter out. Sample has been out. Carter being injured probably necessitates Shreck being brought up.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Until next time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Started his career as a laughingstock. Out of shape and struggled with injury.

He eventually got his act together and was one of the best RTs in the league '12-'14. But he waasuch a famous "bust" that a lot of people never gave him credit when he did play well.

But he is horrible now. Last year Bobby Hart allowed 1.5 more sacks than Dre (7.5 to 6) but he played over twice as many snaps as Smith (995-492). That's how bad Andre last year. The Cardinals cut him because he sucked. But this year our O-line was such a wreck Dre was our starting LEFT TACKLE opening day.

We never had a chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Do we even have a kicker anymore?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:13 PM)pally Wrote: Say goodbye to Andre for this year.  It is time for him to finally put the Bengals behind him so I sincerely hope this is the last we see of him.  His time is past.

TE Morgan Shreck promoted from PS.   I do wonder if we have a surprise injury among our seldomly used tight ends that prompted this move

The latest player to take the fall for the coaching blunder.

Who will be next after the Bengals go 0-12?

Reply/Quote
He will be back with the team next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Started his career as a laughingstock. Out of shape and struggled with injury.

He eventually got his act together and was one of the best RTs in the league '12-'14.  But he waasuch a famous "bust" that a lot of people never gave him credit when he did play well.

But he is horrible now.  Last year Bobby Hart allowed 1.5 more sacks than Dre (7.5 to 6) but he played over twice as many snaps as Smith (995-492).  That's how bad Andre last year.  The Cardinals cut him because he sucked.  But this year our O-line was such a wreck Dre was our starting LEFT TACKLE opening day.  

We never had a chance.

The infamous draft videos of him running are what most people remember. Interestingly, Ced who we drafted later had the prototypical body of a Tackle...fairly lean and muscular...Andre had a better career.

I think a bunch of us questioned how he'd age...and his play fell off a cliff last year as you alluded to.

The 2009 draft was pretty bad for top end talent. LOTS of busts. Andre was arguably the 3rd best player in the Top 10.

At 1: Stafford - Above Average to Good QB
2: Jason Smith OT - Bust
3: Tyson Jackson DE - Bust
4: Aaron Curry DE - Bust - (He's the cautionary tale for those that think Chase Young is can't miss.)
5: Mark Sanchez QB
6: Andre Smith
7: Darius Heyward-Bey - WR - Bust
8: Eugene Monroe - Bust
9: BJ Raji - Good to Great Player
10: Michael Crabtree: Above Average to Good
11: Aaron Maybin - Bust - I think we had him here for camp one year.
12: Knowshon Moreno
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The infamous draft videos of him running are what most people remember. Interestingly, Ced who we drafted later had the prototypical body of a Tackle...fairly lean and muscular...Andre had a better career.

I agree. It took me 3yrs after watching that video that I could look at boobs again, and I'm a boob guy? My eyes were stressed.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The infamous draft videos of him running are what most people remember. Interestingly, Ced who we drafted later had the prototypical body of a Tackle...fairly lean and muscular...Andre had a better career.

I think a bunch of us questioned how he'd age...and his play fell off a cliff last year as you alluded to.

The 2009 draft was pretty bad for top end talent. LOTS of busts. Andre was arguably the 3rd best player in the Top 10.

At 1: Stafford - Above Average to Good QB
2: Jason Smith OT - Bust
3: Tyson Jackson DE - Bust
4: Aaron Curry DE - Bust - (He's the cautionary tale for those that think Chase Young is can't miss.)
5: Mark Sanchez QB
6: Andre Smith
7: Darius Heyward-Bey - WR - Bust
8: Eugene Monroe - Bust
9: BJ Raji - Good to Great Player
10: Michael Crabtree: Above Average to Good
11: Aaron Maybin - Bust - I think we had him here for camp one year.
12: Knowshon Moreno

Pretty sure Curry was a LB. He was never considered a phenom, but was widely regarded as a very steady safe pick.   He tallied 9.5 sacks in his collegiate career,  so there's really no comparison to Young as a prospect.  He was a totally different type player at a different position. 

And yes, that was a sorry top of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:45 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He will be back with the team next year.

Sad part is he will upgrade us over a 6th or 7th round rookie as depth and we will be glad to have him...
Reply/Quote
He'll be back.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:34 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He'll be back.

Probably. Seems like we’ve already read this chapter before.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: TE's Sample AND Carter out. Sample has been out. Carter being injured probably necessitates Shreck being brought up.

Tyler Eifert: Our ironman TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tyler Eifert: Our ironman TE

Yeah...how funny is that in a year that's meaningless. Last year, we were 4-1 and our offense was doing well...and he gets hurt and it fell apart from that point.

Zac has had a healthy Eifert and Dalton. With those guys healthy last year...we were 4-1.

We probably need to move on from both of them after this year though. Eifert looks like a shell of a shell of a shell of his former self. (Each injury seems to take something out of him.)
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:22 PM)jason Wrote: Do we even have a kicker anymore?

15 for 18 on field goal attempts, 16 for 16 on PAT....
Reply/Quote