Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Hawkins....
Cleveland drafted 5 WRs... so theres a chance he will be available soon... Would you want him back?
Reply/Quote
I gotta think we have better (and taller) receivers on our roster. Love his heart, though.
Reply/Quote
He should be thankful he got that contract. Wonder how much he will have Earned if he is cut this year.
Reply/Quote
He only has a $1,000,000 2016 contract.

He won't be going anywhere
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 02:41 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He only has a $1,000,000 2016 contract.

He won't be going anywhere

Wouldn't be so sure.

The Browns will likely keep Hartline, as he's reliable. A good WR2.
They also drafted Corey Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Jordan Payton, and Rashard Higgins.
Taylor Gabriel is about the same size as Hawkins, had about the same production, and will be making just over half of what Hawkins will make.

He might stick if the Browns decide to go with 6 WRs and send one of the 4 drafted WRs to the PS, but it's not a guarantee he's on the roster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Heck yeah I'd like him back.... he was fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck yeah I'd like him back.... he was fun to watch.

With our roster bringing him back probly bounces a young guy like alford off the roster.

So its a Production vs Potenital type of decision
Reply/Quote
Rather have Alford and give him a shot at this point. Also I think Hue likes Hawkins so he could stick for them to be a mentor for Coleman.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Heck yeah. I'd take back baby hawk. Wasn't he one of the best gunners in the NFL? Also his last healthy season he had more receiving yards than any Bengal WR not named Green since 2011
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 03:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Heck yeah. I'd take back baby hawk. Wasn't he one of the best gunners in the NFL? Also his last healthy season he had more receiving yards than any Bengal WR not named Green since 2011

I agree, spark plug of a player, good locker room guy, makes plays,reliable vet. I like our young guys but if BB Hawk were to come back to Cincy and beat them out, it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
isnt baby hawk like one concussion away from retirement?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 04:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: isnt baby hawk like one concussion away from retirement?

Which NFL player isn't?

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which NFL player isn't?

He got a concussion week 7. Missed weeks 8 and 9 because of it. Came back week 10 against the steelers and got another concussion, go figure. And that concussion ended his season.

Not too many guys go on IR after a concussion.
Reply/Quote
Sure, I'd welcome him back. To compete for a roster spot with the rest. However, his experience would likely win him a job, his experience would also likely price him out of a job with the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nope 100 percent sold on Boyd being our stud slot guy.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 06:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He got a concussion week 7. Missed weeks 8 and 9 because of it. Came back week 10 against the steelers and got another concussion, go figure. And that concussion ended his season.

Not too many guys go on IR after a concussion.
You didn't answer the question

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which NFL player isn't?

The ones that dont have lengthy concussion histories. And/or the ones that dont miss half a season because of concussions.
Reply/Quote
Considering where the Bengals are right now (Super Bowl contenders), yes I would take Hawk on the roster over someone like Alford. Not a fan of his height and tiny catch radius, but Hawk is a proven producer and would improve our depth. If LaFell or Boyd go down, who would you feel more confident about...Tate/Alford or Hawk.

Easy answer, imo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 11:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Considering where the Bengals are right now (Super Bowl contenders), yes I would take Hawk on the roster over someone like Alford. Not a fan of his height and tiny catch radius, but Hawk is a proven producer and would improve our depth. If LaFell or Boyd go down, who would you feel more confident about...Tate/Alford or Hawk.

Easy answer, imo.

Yup, pretty much this.

Hawkins is a known quantity, we know he can put up 500-800 yards against NFL talent. Even if you like Alford's potential, what is it that you could realistically expect him to become? Hawkins. So while Alford's ceiling is probably Hawkins, which is floor is Quan Cosby... so why not just take Hawkins outright if it's a choice?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 11:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Considering where the Bengals are right now (Super Bowl contenders), yes I would take Hawk on the roster over someone like Alford. Not a fan of his height and tiny catch radius, but Hawk is a proven producer and would improve our depth. If LaFell or Boyd go down, who would you feel more confident about...Tate/Alford or Hawk.

Easy answer, imo.

(05-08-2016, 05:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup, pretty much this.

Hawkins is a known quantity, we know he can put up 500-800 yards against NFL talent. Even if you like Alford's potential, what is it that you could realistically expect him to become? Hawkins. So while Alford's ceiling is probably Hawkins, which is floor is Quan Cosby... so why not just take Hawkins outright if it's a choice?

You both make some compelling arguments.  I hadn't really considered Hawkins as possibly our "one player away", but he does add a proven dynamic that gives teams fits in specific situations.

Consider my opinion swayed from "Meh, sure he can come back", to "Absolutely, I'd love to have him back on the team".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote