Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Luck contract
6 years 139 million 87 garunteed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
6 more years of insane amounts of interceptions and losing to the Patriots in the most embarrassing ways possible.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 10:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: 6 more years of insane amounts of interceptions and losing to the Patriots in the most embarrassing ways possible.

Plus that neck beard mess.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Look at the contract on spotrac:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/andrew-luck/

This is Joe Flacco levels of dumb, as starting next year his cap hit will be insane.
Reply/Quote
Recently read the details of Dalton's contract. Our front office did a good job.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 09:21 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Recently read the details of Dalton's contract. Our front office did a good job.

As long as he keeps loosing in the first round of the playoffs your front office will continue to look like they did a good job.  Or have they?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 10:59 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: As long as he keeps loosing in the first round of the playoffs your front office will continue to look like they did a good job.  Or have they?

If hes playing like a top 5 QB in the req season and not picking up those bonuses with playoff wins its like we got a cheap peyton manning.  I expect some esculators to be hit this season
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If hes playing like a top 5 QB in the req season and not picking up those bonuses with playoff wins its like we got a cheap peyton manning.  I expect some esculators to be hit this season

Wait What?  When has he ever been in the top 5?  Don't you have to be in the top 5 to play like one?

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 12:03 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wait What?  When has he ever been in the top 5?  Don't you have to be in the top 5 to play like one?

He was a top 5 last year before being hurt. (based on that year not career)
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was a top 5 last year before being hurt. (based on that year not career)

You got any data to show he was top 5 at that time.  I find it difficult to believe that a guy that never broke into the weekly top 5 somehow owned a spot in the top 5 at week 13 overall.

Edit.  Andy made it twice out of 12 weeks by week 13.  

That being said, there is no way he was ranked in the top five when I see the same names in the top five 6 or more time in the same time period.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 08:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: Look at the contract on spotrac:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/andrew-luck/

This is Joe Flacco levels of dumb, as starting next year his cap hit will be insane.

Fear not, when Dalton is a Super Bowl MVP I'm sure Mike Brown will have him over a barrel and low-ball him. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 04:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fear not, when Dalton is a Super Bowl MVP I'm sure Mike Brown will have him over a barrel and low-ball him. Ninja

crap did I miss the luck superbowl?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 04:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You got any data to show he was top 5 at that time.  I find it difficult to believe that a guy that never broke into the weekly top 5 somehow owned a spot in the top 5 at week 13 overall.

Edit.  Andy made it twice out of 12 weeks by week 13.  

That being said, there is no way he was ranked in the top five when I see the same names in the top five 6 or more time in the same time period.

He was ranked in the top 2 or 3 all year. After his injury a couple other guys dropped back and he was the top rated qb until russell wilson overtook him at the end of the year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, back to giving Andrew Luck a Joe Flacco type deal which will kill them under the cap starting next year...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 10:59 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: As long as he keeps loosing in the first round of the playoffs your front office will continue to look like they did a good job.  Or have they?

Read the contract. Even if Andy wins the Super Bowl the cap number stays decent. It is just a MUCH better thought out deal. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: crap did I miss the luck superbowl?

That was in regards to the Flacco contract, but I'd wager if Dalton gets us as close to the SB as Luck does that we're going to see him get a big ass contract.

EDIT: Ok, we have Dalton locked up longer than I thought. My bad. But I'll admit the fact that Dalton hadn't been SB MVP (ala Flacco), nor taken us to the AFC Championship game (ala Luck) might have helped that contract be less absurd.

But seriously, what can you do? If the Colts don't give Luck an insane contract some other team does and riots break out in Indy...right?
Reply/Quote
He's never gonna be as good as his physical skills say he should be. He's way too mistake prone and his urge to be the hero is way too strong. He is what he is and this is what he will always be. He has peaked. Bad, stupid deal that he will never live up to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 06:50 AM)McC Wrote: He's never gonna be as good as his physical skills say he should be.  He's way too mistake prone and his urge to be the hero is way too strong.  He is what he is and this is what he will always be.  He has peaked.  Bad, stupid deal that he will never live up to.

What's the alternative?  Low-ball him and trade up for Paxton Lynch or try to pry McCown from the Browns?  The NFL has systematically made the QB the most important player on the field, and only 10 people on earth seem to be good at being a QB in a given year...it's just the nature of the game.

If Dalton had thrown 40 TDs and gotten us to the AFC Championship game in 2014 I would have been open to a stupidly-high payday for him too.  You can't let a 26 year old QB with playoff success just walk away unless you want to be the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What's the alternative?  Low-ball him and trade up for Paxton Lynch or try to pry McCown from the Browns?  The NFL has systematically made the QB the most important player on the field, and only 10 people on earth seem to be good at being a QB in a given year...it's just the nature of the game.

If Dalton had thrown 40 TDs and gotten us to the AFC Championship game in 2014 I would have been open to a stupidly-high payday for him too.  You can't let a 26 year old QB with playoff success just walk away unless you want to be the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL, right?

It's a Catch-22, no doubt.  But that still doesn't make it any less stupid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 11:29 AM)McC Wrote: It's a Catch-22, no doubt.  But that still doesn't make it any less stupid.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are the Colts stupid for paying him so much?  Is Luck stupid for wanting so much money in a salary-cap sport and reducing the chance the rest of his team will be adequate to help him win?  Is this country stupid for making QBs so popular that they get paid absurd amounts?  Is the NFL stupid for making the passing game so protected that QBs are gods among men?

Again, it's "stupid" to give a QB a giant contract and yet every time a QB gets paid we hear people act like they are shocked.  At any rate, Luck is going to be the highest paid player until the next big contract, I assume.  I will say that it looks like Dalton's per-year salary is the lowest for actual starting QBs at $16 million, though in all fairness we did get that done after his not so pretty 2014 season, but maybe the Colts should have attempted to use 2015 as leverage against Luck.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/quarterback/
Reply/Quote