Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton at best against Jets
Dalton has won both of his starts against the Jets and has his highest career rating against any team (127.8).

'13.... 19-30, 325 yds, 5 td, 1 int, 125.7 rating (49-9 blowout)
'16.... 23-30, 366 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 114.0 rating (23-22 win on FG in final minute)

Don't ask me how his career rating can be higher than both of his single game ratings, but I ran the numbers here http://www.primecomputing.com/ and it is all correct. I think is has something to do with the formula having a limit for high score in each category and 5 tds in 30 attempts exceeds the max.
Reply/Quote
I have a sneaky suspicion those numbers may drastically change come Sunday.. On the other hand his benching might prove very beneficial to the team in general. It certainly didn't hurt Kenny Anderson's numbers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jets defense is playing well, but our guys know they're running out of chances to get a win. I expect Andy will spark the team and they'll pull it off only to come back down to reality and lead us to our potential franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
That '13 season was when we were clobbering everyone right? Good times.

If we're going to win and risk that #1 pick, I'd rather it be against the Clowns. Twice.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
When Andy was boo'd at the charity softball game, he answered with his best year yet.

Now that he has resurrected from the bench, he will take us to the Super Bowl in 2020! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Still no speed at WR and struggling offensive line. If they can't get Mixon going and Bell goes off on the defense I dont expect a win.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Dalton has been the best qb statistically for the Bengals. Will he win some games, probably because he wants a contract with someone else....I see the Bengals dumbass front office going " whoaaaaa somebody wants our QB, WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM" its childish fantasy football..
Reply/Quote
Fantasy guru's are predicting a big game out of Dalton. Just sayin.

Reply/Quote
All the more impressive considering he was pummeled in that 2016 game. That shit was eye opening, and a sign that this wasn't the same team we'd been watching the previous 5 seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 06:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That '13 season was when we were clobbering everyone right? Good times.

If we're going to win and risk that #1 pick, I'd rather it be against the Clowns. Twice.

I dunno about clobbering everybody... We lost to the Browns that year. That loss was sandwiched between wins over the Packers and Patriots. They didn't lose a home game that year... You know; til the playoffs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 05:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has won both of his starts against the Jets and has his highest career rating against any team (127.8).

'13.... 19-30, 325 yds, 5 td, 1 int, 125.7 rating (49-9 blowout)
'16.... 23-30, 366 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 114.0 rating (23-22 win on FG in final minute)

Don't ask me how his career rating can be higher than both of his single game ratings, but I ran the numbers here http://www.primecomputing.com/ and it is all correct.  I think is has something to do with the formula having a limit for high score in each category and 5 tds in 30 attempts exceeds the max.

Don't bet on the Bengals just yet....He currently has a very different Eifert (slow), no WRs that can generate quick separation, and a lot of issues on the offensive line (helping lead to no run game).  I don't think any QB, except someone with crazy mobility, could do anything with this team right now.  

Oh, and while we are at it, the defense is historically bad.  If they give Darnold time, he will carve up the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton behind center with something to prove? It’s going to be a bad day to be a New York Jet.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton behind center with something to prove?  It’s going to be a bad day to be a New York Jet.

Possibly, but as stated above, he’s lacking the weapons. TBH, I can see him either lighting it up with Boyd, Tate and Eifert (if they want to win, he has to be involved) or coming out the gate with 2 interceptions and 2 three and outs in the first half. If the latter happens, then we should see Dolegala in the 2nd half (but of course we won’t).

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Possibly, but as stated above, he’s lacking the weapons. TBH, I can see him either lighting it up with Boyd, Tate and Eifert (if they want to win, he has to be involved) or coming out the gate with 2 interceptions and 2 three and outs in the first half. If the latter happens, then we should see Dolegala in the 2nd half (but of course we won’t).

Pfft... Weapons...

Dalton will return to his ways of rushing for TDs if his weapons let him down. He's gonna single handedly will the Bengals to victory, while simultaneously crushing the souls of the NY Jets.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Possibly, but as stated above, he’s lacking the weapons. TBH, I can see him either lighting it up with Boyd, Tate and Eifert (if they want to win, he has to be involved) or coming out the gate with 2 interceptions and 2 three and outs in the first half. If the latter happens, then we should see Dolegala in the 2nd half (but of course we won’t).

In the first eight games the Bengals could not run the football but Andy Dalton threw nine touchdown passes and ran for three more. Over the last three games Cincinnati has been able to run the ball better but the passing attack was gone. What the Bengals have not had yet in 2019 is a game where the rushing and the passing were both effective. Today we will see it work.
Reply/Quote
Dalton simply lacks speed at WR to force defenses
To open up. The Jets will stack the box heavy.
His passing windows will be very narrow
Gregg Williams likes to blitz down.
Dalton will get pressured and on 3rd and 8 hit somebody
For 5 yards....punt
Maybe Callahan and ZT can actually get creative
And actually use presnap shifts or integrate Uzomah
In the game plan
Maybe put Benard and Mixon in the backfield together
Reply/Quote
Well Andy did look good today and they finally won. Threw for one TD and had there not been some drops would have had two more. I think the time on the bench not getting clobbered helped his internal clock get back in sync.
Reply/Quote
Only a 88.0 rating today, but he still gets the win.
Reply/Quote
j. mixon with 2.3 yards a carry. eye test seemed like more but he got stuffed a ton, o-line is still junk for running.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: j. mixon with 2.3 yards a carry. eye test seemed like more but he got stuffed a ton, o-line is still junk for running.

Mixon only runs for Finley, I guess.
Reply/Quote