Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton at best against Jets
(12-01-2019, 08:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assure you if we can imagine 2 wins from Dalton during the Finley stretch that MB has already credited Dalton with them.  Add in that we don't have AJ and Jonah and we're a 9+ win team next year if we just stay the course and get healthy.

Likely there won't be major changes.

We both know they'll do a 'Bengals finish the season 3-2...that momentum carries over' fluff stories. And maybe some of it will carry over? I hope so.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1 Your math is poor
2 Your opinion does not equate to "everyone else can see"
3 In Dalton's 4 playoff games, can you list any Bengals that played well or at a playoff level? I know that there's a huge list of people waiting for someone else to make a play.
4 It's amusing to see mis-guided opinions about QBs from people that obviously never played QB in organized football.

I don't think Dalton is elite. A lot of QBs have advanced in the playoffs that are lesser QBs than Dalton, several have won SBs.(Johnson, Dilfer, Flacco)
I think he's a good/above average QB on a shit team that has been out coached almost every single game he's played in the NFL.

I've already pointed out Dalton's failures in crunch time and repeated and re-posted numerous times. If you haven't seen those, i don't know what to tell you. My "opinion" is based in fact and easily discernible. 

He's an average to above average to good QB depending on what's around him, but even with talent around him, if they don't play well, he doesn't rise above that and win games that have to be won. 

P.S. I have played QB in organized football....and i didn't really like it because i was too concerned with the rush and i wasn't the type to stand in the pocket and go through progressions. The coach put me there because i had the strongest arm and had very good accuracy. I much preferred to play WR (which i was very good at) and safety (so i could pick passes and hit people--my favorite thing to do). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already pointed out Dalton's failures in crunch time and repeated and re-posted numerous times. If you haven't seen those, i don't know what to tell you. My "opinion" is based in fact and easily discernible. 

He's an average to above average to good QB depending on what's around him, but even with talent around him, if they don't play well, he doesn't rise above that and win games that have to be won. 

P.S. I have played QB in organized football....and i didn't really like it because i was too concerned with the rush and i wasn't the type to stand in the pocket and go through progressions. The coach put me there because i had the strongest arm and had very good accuracy. I much preferred to play WR (which i was very good at) and safety (so i could pick passes and hit people--my favorite thing to do). 

I asked you if you knew of any Bengals that played well in Dalton's 4 games, not point out Dalton's numbers. Was there a WR that was often open or a OL that had 95-100% of his blocks finished? Was there a RB that broke tackles or a defender that appeared unblockable or had great coverage? Was there a Bengal that played well in those 4 games? I don't remember any.

And please show me the QBs that rise above the lack of talent on his team and make receivers suddenly open. I have rarely seen a wide open receiver ignored by Dalton. When you couldn't get open as a receiver . . . how many QBs "led" you to beat the coverage due to their charisma or leadership abilities in crunch time? Former TE-LB here that threw a baseball 85-90 as a 16 year old, and like you, placed in at QB at 13 against my will because we had 4 Ryan Finleys. I never had a QB that "willed" me to suddenly beat the guy if he was covering me, but I do hear Fantasy Football guys talk about this a lot.

Part of why I laugh when people compare Dalton to other NFL QBs is because they have real coaching staffs and Dalton hasn't had a good staff. My Jr High offensive coordinator, who was just a Dad helping out the team, was twice the coach and and ten times the teacher than any of my high school coaches who were all in over their heads even though they were paid.

"I told them to do it. They didn't all do it right, so I made them all run laps" was their answer to almost everything. 

I walked away from football because of them and their actions behind the scenes far more than the game itself. This has had a part in my readings of Palmer and Dalton and their lack of good coaches vs the rest of the league. Red flag for me with Palmer was that he wasn't even close to being considered a #1 pick until they cut the field in half for him at USC going into his Senior year. THAT's not what I wanted to hear about a #1 pick coming to a Cincinnati coaching staff.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:22 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I asked you if you knew of any Bengals that played well in Dalton's 4 games, not point out Dalton's numbers. Was there a WR that was often open or a OL that had 95-100% of his blocks finished? Was there a RB that broke tackles or a defender that appeared unblockable or had great coverage? Was there a Bengal that played well in those 4 games? I don't remember any.

And please show me the QBs that rise above the lack of talent on his team and make receivers suddenly open. I have rarely seen a wide open receiver ignored by Dalton. When you couldn't get open as a receiver . . . how many QBs "led" you to beat the coverage due to their charisma or leadership abilities in crunch time? Former TE-LB here that threw a baseball 85-90 as a 16 year old, and like you, placed in at QB at 13 against my will because we had 4 Ryan Finleys. I never had a QB that "willed" me to suddenly beat the guy if he was covering me, but I do hear Fantasy Football guys talk about this a lot.

Part of why I laugh when people compare Dalton to other NFL QBs is because they have real coaching staffs and Dalton hasn't had a good staff. My Jr High offensive coordinator, who was just a Dad helping out the team, was twice the coach and and ten times the teacher than any of my high school coaches who were all in over their heads even though they were paid.

"I told them to do it. They didn't all do it right, so I made them all run laps" was their answer to almost everything. 

I walked away from football because of them and their actions behind the scenes far more than the game itself. This has had a part in my readings of Palmer and Dalton and their lack of good coaches vs the rest of the league. Red flag for me with Palmer was that he wasn't even close to being considered a #1 pick until they cut the field in half for him at USC going into his Senior year. THAT's not what I wanted to hear about a #1 pick coming to a Cincinnati coaching staff.

I ALWAYS got open as a WR. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I've heard that plenty of times.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's 1 or 2 "dalton haters" on here.

Since noone here has made more negative posts about Dalton I assume you admit to being one of these "1 or 2", correct?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since noone here has made more negative posts about Dalton I assume you admit to being one of these "1 or 2", correct?

No because i'm not a dalton hater. I point out positives from time to time. 

I'm talking about the guys that only post negative things. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: 78039811_1353897198147354_90243131102776...e=5E8952AB]

Reply/Quote