Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton fanboy
(12-05-2018, 03:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I see a lot of people writing off Haskins because he goes to Ohio State not because his play on the field.

And vice versa.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: So.....the OSU guys. On that point, I agree with you.  He's a much better pure passer than anyone they've had.

(12-05-2018, 04:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I would never lump Haskins in with Brees. The records are nice but I also realize the difference in the game between then and now. Haskins, as well as with any QB, will need to prove themselves to be worthy to spoken of in the same breath as the likes of Brees, Brady, Rogers, etc.

All I’m saying is Haskins has shown that he has the tools and potential to be a highly successful QB in the league and to discount him because Ohio state has produced turds in the past is crazy.

Yeah....I agree with that....as I said after I read your response to fred.  I like what I see out of him too.....as I noted in another post, it isn't OSU that concerns me, it's more Urban Meyers' success in college with QBs vs their production in the NFL.  That may not be fair either, but it does give me pause.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If we don't fix the OL it doesn't matter who the QB is.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Haskins will end up being QB1 when it’s all said and done and we won’t be drafting high enough to get there. Next years class is way better than this one replace Marvin this year and get a year of Dalton with a new coach. If your still not happy you have a much better selection to work from next season.

Qb1 hahaha. Do you guys follow anything outside the state of Ohio? There’s zero chance in hell hes first qb taken in the draft
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 08:18 PM)BernLock Wrote: Qb1 hahaha. Do you guys follow anything outside the state of Ohio? There’s zero chance in hell hes first qb taken in the draft

Who will it be?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 08:18 PM)BernLock Wrote: Qb1 hahaha. Do you guys follow anything outside the state of Ohio? There’s zero chance in hell hes first qb taken in the draft

...I actually follow a ton of it. Herbert won’t be liked as much as the “experts” think. He is a slightly better Paxton Lynch and his tape down the back stretch of the season will show that when they go back and rewatch. Haskins runs a full field spread closer to what NFL teams are going for now. He has plus measurables and good accuracy. He needs to work on his short passing touch but he can put the ball into rac windows. He can make NFL throws while reading the whole field. He will need a solid line because he can struggle with pressure at times but he keeps his eyes down field when escaping the pressure and squares his shoulders up (plus thrower on the run, especially rolling right).

He is anywhere from QB 2-5 right now depending on the “expert” but he will light up his pro day and kill the combine. I predict he will go to the Giants the question is how high do they end up picking. He isn’t a fit in Grudens offense so if the Raiders finish lower he probably isn’t QB 1 to them. The wild card here is Kylar Murray who could see enough Mahomes comparisons to shoot him to the front if he chooses to pass on baseball.
Reply/Quote