Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is really good
(11-28-2016, 01:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes, actually the O-line is partly responsible for the batter down balls. This means the D-lineman is not being engaged enough, and has free hands. You have to get the lineman down. Do not act like all of those are on Andy.

Take it easy on em.....most casual fans have ZERO clue about the fundamentals of o line play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:32 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Yea it has nothing to do with the fact that they have a fantastic running back and a rookie QB that is playing lights out. Must be all the Oline. They had the same oline with Romo back there and they weren't very good. I'm big believer that your QB can make your line look better by how you move and get rid of the ball. I don't think Andy is good at either.

Point of order, they did not have Tony Romo for most of last year and this year because he was... *drum roll please*.... hurt. Because thats was Tony Romo does. But... when Tony Romo was last healthy for a majority of a season they went 13-3 with a 113 QB Rating. Which would you know... be the greatest QB rating in Bengals QB history, NBD or anything.  So yes that O-line is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
I would think that fans would lose interest when the Bengals go on a losing streak, yet I am seeing is more haters popping up in October and November.

It is almost like all the Dalton haters had to hide in the closet last year and are only showing their faces when we started losing.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would think that fans would lose interest when the Bengals go on a losing streak, yet I am seeing is more haters popping up in October and November.

It is almost like all the Dalton haters had to hide in the closet last year and are only showing their faces when we started losing.

Yep, you knew it was only a matter of time.....they weren't here until his first bad game either.  The thing is, if games like yesterday are his floor now, that is PRECISELY the improvement most of them wanted to see.  As usual, when he eclipses their line in the sand, they move the goalpost again.  It's actually quite comical.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, you knew it was only a matter of time.....they weren't here until his first bad game either.  The thing is, if games like yesterday are his floor now, that is PRECISELY the improvement most of them wanted to see.  As usual, when he eclipses their line in the sand, they move the goalpost again.  It's actually quite comical.

With all the way Wyche my friend!  I can't understand how, especially, the big time fans who know this franchise, can't see how the coaching can make a huge difference in how players perform and their development.

Look at the Patriots for crying out loud!  Everyone thinks Brady is the life and breath of that team, when we saw for 3 games this year, and a whole season in 2008, a different story.

They won the first 3 games this year, and went 11-5 in 2008!  It's all about the system from the owner to the trainers!

Right now, this franchise doesn't have it.  I know MB isn't going to turn anything over in the near future, so the ONLY hope is that he cleans house, hires a good GM, HC, letting the HC pick his staff, and stay out of the way.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  the man is a damn good quarterback and hes tough as nails.

Except when he hurts his thumb. Then he's a big baby and can't play.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: Except when he hurts his thumb. Then he's a big baby and can't play.

:paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 05:39 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yep. They even questioned AJ Greens eliteness. Truly delusional bunch.

I have never questioned AJ Green. He is phenomenal.  I do question Andy!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would think that fans would lose interest when the Bengals go on a losing streak, yet I am seeing is more haters popping up in October and November.

Yep. Unfortunately it was the Dalton haters who made the old forum unreadable. Fortunately on this one they have been restricted somewhat. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whenever you have to say "everyone of you" and it's in opposition to the singular 'you', the problem is usually...you. 

You know what? I think your an intelligent dude!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, for years they said the same thing about Peyton Manning.....

The shelf life on that one is about to expire. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Andy Dalton does not have what we need in Cincy.  There are Good QB's sure that have won, however after 6 years of the Andy Train, You can't blame most of the fans have become tired of all the excuses.  With all the weapons around him, we have still not come close to being a true threat in the NFL.   Now that time has come and gone with him as a QB. 

Yep. We should probably try yet another QB. Palmer wasn't the answer and neither is Dalton.

Or...maybe the problem is the HC who is 0-7 in the playoffs with 4 different QBs all playing horribly? Or maybe it's the owner who is rocking a 26 year streak with without a playoff win (with around 14 different QBs)?

Nah, that can't be it. Gotta be the QB. Again.

(11-29-2016, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The shelf life on that one is about to expire. 

The irony is always strong when one of Marvin's biggest supporters knocks  the QB for playoff performance.

@ everyone saying the o-line is an "excuse" or is somehow caused by Dalton:

1. How is he suddenly causing sacks when his sack numbers have been low through most of his career? Ok. Now Ogbuehi and Bodine being 2 of the lowest rated linemen in the league is somehow Andy's fault. You can't make this stuff up.

2. Andrew Luck's underwhelming seasons have always been blamed on poor pass blocking. Now Dalton is getting beat up and it's supposed to have no affect on him? 

The sad thing is, Dalton isn't even having a bad season. He's on pace for 4400 yards and he's limiting turnovers. All this with an awful run game and terrible pass blocking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. We should probably try yet another QB. Palmer wasn't the answer and neither is Dalton.

Or...maybe the problem is the HC who is 0-7 in the playoffs with 4 different QBs all playing horribly? Or maybe it's the owner who is rocking a 26 year streak with without a playoff win (with around 14 different QBs)?

Nah, that can't be it. Gotta be the QB. Again.

The irony is always strong when one of Marvin's biggest supporters knocks  the QB for playoff performance.

@ everyone saying the o-line is an "excuse" or is somehow caused by Dalton:

1. How is he suddenly causing sacks when his sack numbers have been low through most of his career? Ok. Now Ogbuehi and Bodine being 2 of the lowest rated linemen in the league is somehow Andy's fault. You can't make this stuff up.

2. Andrew Luck's underwhelming seasons have always been blamed on poor pass blocking. Now Dalton is getting beat up and it's supposed to have no affect on him? 
Andy Dalron has never had a passer rating of over 90 in any complete season in his NFL career. 7 years in, this year is the norm, not the exception; regardless of protection.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalron has never had a passer rating of over 90 in any complete season in his NFL career. 7 years in, this year is the norm, not the exception; regardless of protection.

...and there's nothing wrong with that, even if true. Dalton's career passer rating is top 10 among active QBs. Still, if you think taking a beating doesn't affect a QB negatively, I'm not sure what to tell you.

And your use of "complete season" to eliminate 2015 is kinda silly. Dalton's 106.2 rating wasn't going to drop over 16 points in 4 games. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and there's nothing wrong with that. Dalton's career passer rating is top 10 among active QBs. 

And your use of "complete season" to eliminate 2015 is kinda silly. Dalton's 106.2 rating wasn't going to drop over 16 points in 4 games. 

Who knows, but you might want to look how far it has dropped in the last 4 games and get back with me before making such a proclamation.

Didn't say there was nothing "wrong" with it, just said it was normal and something we shouldn't look to pin on this year's protection. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows, but you might want to look how far it has dropped in the last 4 games and get back with me before making such a proclamation.

Didn't say there was nothing "wrong" with it, just said it was normal and something we shouldn't look to pin on this year's protection. 

Just checked and Dalton is still top 10. It's possible that this is his "norm". It's also possible that he ascended last year and the terrible protection has knocked him back down a peg.

I won't pretend to know for sure, but I don't think it's fair for the anti-Dalton side to ignore the protection issues or pretend Dalton is causing them.
Reply/Quote
Anything good posted about dalton right now Burns me up. He straight choked the last game. A game we could of still had a little life left if won. Andy dalton choked. It wasn't about nobody but dalton. O line gave him protection on that last drive. 4 batted down passes on the final drive. 10 batted down passes in the game. 4 damn fumbles in the game. I think a int too if I'm not mistaken.

I get that his favorite security blanket was gone. And his favorite little dump off back he throws too. I get that the o line has been pretty bad this year. Ced and bodine mostly. But listen, I know what Andy dalton is at this point. This is the 6the year, this is who he is. Does he ever have plays where your like wow!! Ever? No. I've watched coaches tape of him being a one read qb, then he doesn't look to throw. He locks on to his receiver. One big reason for the batted down balls. Accuracy is still shaky. One pass he hits a guy good, the next pass he can't hit the rb on a out route. Completely crap pass. I've seen him not find the blitz. I've seen him have bad footwork. Andy dalton is part of the problem this year. Last year in hues offense he was good, I thought I was wrong. Andy dalton looks scared in big moments, no leadership skills, or pocket awareness seeing guys coming for him. He can run some times that's his biggest asset. But not a speedster. I was really pissed at dalton after the game. And I seen a lot that seen the same thing, on cincy jungle and my group on facebook.but since its tuesday,people want to sweep that under the rug,and pretend it was everyone elses fault.

What more do we need to surround dalton with.do we need mike williams out of clemson,do we need a o line that dont let no pressure come at all.come on this is the nfl,you will always get pressured some.

We can build the most perfect team around dalton,and have the best coaches,and from what ive witnessed and know,i do not trust him to get a wild card win,definitely not two in a row.sorry i dont see it.but im stuck with the guy as my qb,till some coach says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:40 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Anything good posted about dalton right now Burns me up.  He straight choked the last game. A game we could of still had a little life left if won.  Andy dalton choked. It wasn't about nobody but dalton. O line gave him protection on that last drive.  4 batted down passes on the final drive. 10 batted down passes in the game. 4 damn fumbles in the game. I think a int too if I'm not mistaken.

I get that his favorite security blanket was gone. And his favorite little dump off back he throws too.  I get that the o line has been pretty bad this year. Ced and bodine mostly. But listen, I know what Andy dalton is at this point. This is the 6the year, this is who he is. Does he ever have plays where your like wow!!  Ever?  No. I've watched coaches tape of him being a one read qb, then he doesn't look to throw. He locks on to his receiver. One big reason for the batted down balls. Accuracy is still shaky. One pass he hits a guy good, the next pass he can't hit the rb on a out route. Completely crap pass.  I've seen him not find the blitz. I've seen him have bad footwork. Andy dalton is part of the problem this year. Last year in hues offense he was good, I thought I was wrong.  Andy dalton looks scared in big moments, no leadership skills, or pocket awareness seeing guys coming for him. He can run some times that's his biggest asset.  But not a speedster. I was really pissed at dalton after the game. And I seen a lot that seen the same thing, on cincy jungle and my group on facebook.but since its tuesday,people want to sweep that under the rug,and pretend it was everyone elses fault.

What more do we need to surround dalton with.do we need mike williams out of clemson,do we need a o line that dont let no pressure come at all.come on this is the nfl,you will always get pressured some.

We can build the most perfect team around dalton,and have the best coaches,and from what ive witnessed and know,i do not trust him to get a wild card win,definitely not two in a row.sorry i dont see it.but im stuck with the guy as my qb,till some coach says otherwise.

No INT.

Just clearing that up.

Also he didnt get the chance to play in the playoffs with the team he went 10-2 to start the season with.

It was left in the hands of the back up who went 2-2 to finish out 2015.

You honestly just cannot overlook the protection issues if you are a sane human being.
With how much he has been hit this year its no surprise he is seeing ghosts.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:16 PM)Marlon23 Wrote:
Andy Dalton is just that- Good, Not Great.  
He will never lead us to a Super Bowl.  

Doesn't mean he can't get a ring...  Odds are against him though at this point in time.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:50 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: No INT.

Just clearing that up.

Also he didnt get the chance to play in the playoffs with the team he went 10-2 to start the season with.

It was left in the hands of the back up who went 2-2 to finish out 2015.

You honestly just cannot overlook the protection issues if you are a sane human being.
With how much he has been hit this year its no surprise he is seeing ghosts.

Not only that....but several of the batted down balls are a product of poor o line play.  As a lineman....you are taught to keep the defender engaged to keep his hands down.  If all else fails....go low on him and force him to get his hands down. In bizarro world....that's on the QB.  I guess Lap and Cutler were idiots for saying the same thing after the game....and all of my coaches and Roy Kidd too.

Reply/Quote