Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton street value
In the hypothetical world what do you think an offer for him would be?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Two first rounders and some change
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All depends how desperate the team is. In an emergency situation like what happened in Minnesota with Bradford he might bring back a pretty nice return. Kind of doubt it would be two first rounders nice though.

Reply/Quote
If Mac can get a 2nd rounder and Sam Bradford can command a 1st, Andy Dalton definitely nets a 1st.

Think about how enticing a guy like Andy would be to a Browns fan...or even a Broncos, Jets, Jags or Cardinals fan.

He's at the very least a stable QB who has won a ton of games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A bag of chips
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:59 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Two first rounders and some change

I think this. If he's going anywhere it would be to a team that NEEDS a QB. Dalton is a proven QB, and he's still relatively young for a QB with a good track record for staying healthy. The Vikings gave up a 1st for Bradford, and he's very injury prone. Before Bradford was traded to the Vikings his best season was 3725 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs and 86.4 rating. Plus the way that Brown does his trades he would probably squeeze everything he can get out of the trade.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In the hypothetical world what do you think an offer for him would be?

2nd and a 3rd. Or a 1st & 2nd. Depends on the inquiring team's desperation.
Reply/Quote
The Vikings gave 1st and a 4th for Bradford, so I could see something like a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd for Dalton. No way he brings back two 1st rounders, IMO.

Reply/Quote
Depends on what Eli and Smith go for I'd guess....it's probably a terrible year to trade a QB actually.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Depends on what Eli and Smith go for I'd guess....it's probably a terrible year to trade a QB actually.

Eli is 37, and got benched for Geno Smith this season. Doubt there will be a ton of interest in him. Especially with Bortles taking the Jags so far in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
Two firsts at least.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eli is 37, and got benched for Geno Smith this season. Doubt there will be a ton of interest in him. Especially with Bortles taking the Jags so far in the playoffs.

Maybe maybe not. 

I just think there is alot of QB options for teams to look at early this offseason which will effect Dalton's value.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He’s a good QB in an era where a lot of teams have a really really bad QB. He’s pull back a lot but he’s been not available because then we wouldn’t have a QB
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:35 AM)Housh Wrote: He’s a good QB in an era where a lot of teams have a really really bad QB. He’s pull back a lot but he’s been not available because then we wouldn’t have a QB

A “bad QB” has his team in the AFC Championship this weekend. And in the NFC it’s the battle of the backups. I don’t see the kind of overpayments some think coming back for Dalton, who let’s face it, is just average.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A “bad QB” has his team in the AFC Championship this weekend. And in the NFC it’s the battle of the backups. I don’t see the kind of overpayments some think coming back for Dalton, who let’s face it, is just average.

The Vikings gave up a first and a fourth for Sam Bradford.

The Bears gave up 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a starting QB (Orton) for Jay Cutler.

Based on that what do you think Dalton is worth?  It has to be a good bit more than Bradford demanded, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Vikings gave up a first and a fourth for Sam Bradford.

Based on that what do you think Dalton is worth?

1st and a 2nd possibly. Two firsts seems like you’re mortgaging your teams near future for just a decent QB who’s never won a playoff game, and isn’t always the most consistent QB out there.

That Bears deal looks atrocious is hindsight.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1st and a 2nd possibly.

I said 2 firsts so we are actually pretty close to agreeing.
Reply/Quote
I'd say a 1st one year, a 3rd the next, and a promising young guy with 2-3 years left on their contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All depends how desperate the team is. In an emergency situation like what happened in Minnesota with Bradford he might bring back a pretty nice return. Kind of doubt it would be two first rounders nice though.

1) he is a franchise QB as much as people around here might like to disagree 
2) He is under contract at a reasonable rate
3) Teams overpay for QB’s (see NFL draft trades to take QB’s for 3 plus high first rounders, Garappolo traded for a 2nd with next to no experience and only one year on contract, potential AJM trade for at least a high 2nd)
4)Dalton > Carson of 2011 or Bradford last year who both got over a first rounder. Carson was a 1st and conditional 1st/2nd even though he was retired and mediocre 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:24 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1) he is a franchise QB as much as people around here might like to disagree 
2) He is under contract at a reasonable rate
3) Teams overpay for QB’s (see NFL draft trades to take QB’s for 3 plus high first rounders, Garappolo traded for a 2nd with next to no experience and only one year on contract, potential AJM trade for at least a high 2nd)
4)Dalton > Carson of 2011 or Bradford last year who both got over a first rounder. Carson was a 1st and conditional 1st/2nd even though he was retired and mediocre 

Disagree Dalton>Palmer, regardless what year you’re talking about. Jimmy G is a really good QB. Do you think Dalton would have went out to SF and turned that awful team around and went 6-0? I don’t.

Reply/Quote