Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton
(10-30-2016, 09:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yeah Dalton had a down day, but like referenced above, if this is Dalton's floor, we're in great shape. Dalton needed help from the supporting cast today, and barely got any.

x2
Reply/Quote
He definitely had a bad one, if he has a couple bad ones in a row, I will start to worry.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'll say it in this thread too;

I'll steal one from Aaron Rodgers in the 3 games that I know of where he stunk up the place in the last year and a half:

RELAX!!!!!
Reply/Quote
is a really good NFL quarterback who will never win a playoff game and today is yet another example of why.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:43 PM)tlotharw Wrote: is a really good NFL quarterback who will never win a playoff game and today is yet another example of why.

He may never win a playoff game because he plays on the Cincinnati Bengals.  Two QBs have won playoff games, Mr. tlotharw (whatever the heck that means) in 49 years!!! Most football minds would see that it's a franchise issue, not an Andy Dalton issue!! 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He may never win a playoff game because he plays on the Cincinnati Bengals.  Two QBs have won playoff games, Mr. tlotharw (whatever the heck that means) in 49 years!!! Most football minds would see that it's a franchise issue, not an Andy Dalton issue!! 

What Bengal quarterback has been to the playoffs in more years than Andy?  None.  He is wtf and 6.

Have you seen his horrible performances in the post season games?  He is typically at the root of the evil.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:04 PM)tlotharw Wrote: What Bengal quarterback has been to the playoffs in more years than Andy?  None.  He is wtf and 6.

Have you seen his horrible performances in the post season games?  He is typically at the root of the evil.

We've seen Andy. Have you seen the rest of the team? They all wet the bed. Previous QBs have too. Reeks of an organizational/coaching problem. This team is never prepared for a playoff battle. Ever. Oh, and there's also the prime time record under Marvin Lewis. The guy just can't get his players (Andy included) prepared for big stage games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:04 PM)tlotharw Wrote: What Bengal quarterback has been to the playoffs in more years than Andy?  None.  He is wtf and 6.

What did the 2 playoff games that Kenny Anderson won, and the 3 playoff games Boomer won get them my friend? NOTHING!!  They were still losers because they didn't win a SB. Nobody remembers who wins playoff games or who even loses the SB.  They only remember the SB champion unless you're the Bills and lose 4 SBs in a row!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We've seen Andy. Have you seen the rest of the team? They all wet the bed. Previous QBs have too. Reeks of an organizational/coaching problem. This team is never prepared for a playoff battle. Ever. Oh, and there's also the prime time record under Marvin Lewis. The guy just can't get his players (Andy included) prepared for big stage games.
Ditto.

The ONLY common denominator in all this mess is the Brown family!  Coaches and players have come and gone and it baffles me how so many in here act like winning playoff games mean something.

For that matter the Jacksonville Jaguars have also won 5 playoff games with a franchise who has been around less half the time the Bengals have been!!
Reply/Quote
1. Andy had a bad game no doubt.

2. Andy is the only thing that's kept us from being winless up to this point.

3. This coaching staff is horrible, they have no idea how to utilize what they have.

4. This team has many, many problems but Dalton is the least of them by a mile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What did the 2 playoff games that Kenny Anderson won, and the 3 playoff games Boomer won get them my friend? NOTHING!!  They were still losers because they didn't win a SB. Nobody remembers who wins playoff games or who even loses the SB.  They only remember the SB champion unless you're the Bills and lose 4 SBs in a row!

Actually, SB 23 in considered one of the best SB's of all time and the Bengals are remembered for playing in it.
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14660038/ranking-all-49-super-bowls

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1. Andy had a bad game no doubt.

2. Andy is the only thing that's kept us from being winless up to this point.

3. This coaching staff is horrible, they have no idea how to utilize what they have.

4. This team has many, many problems but Dalton is the least of them by a mile.

You really think he was the difference maker in the Miami game?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:47 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Actually, SB 23 in considered one of the best SB's of all time and the Bengals are remembered for playing in it.
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14660038/ranking-all-49-super-bowls

Outside of the media, many more don't than do.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really think he was the difference maker in the Miami game?

It didn't take long for this ole 6 year stale debate to surface.  I'm surprised it didn't surface after the first 2 losses!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Outside of the media, many more don't than do.  

Are you saying i'm....... "old"?  Sad

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It didn't take long for this ole 6 year stale debate to surface.  I'm surprised it didn't surface after the first 2 losses!

I can only assume you are talking about critiquing Andy's play. It did not surface after the first 2 loses because he played well in them.

As to the post you quoted: Was Andy the only reason we won against Miami?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you are talking about critiquing Andy's play. It did not surface after the first 2 loses because he played well in them.

As to the post you quoted: Was Andy the only reason we won against Miami?

Pssst. (Whispering)  You're confusing me with bengafan74.

But to answer your question anyway, Andy is never the sole reason for any win or loss.  No one player gets that credit or blame, including Brady after seeing the Pats play a whole season and 4 games without him this year for a total record of 14-6.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What did the 2 playoff games that Kenny Anderson won, and the 3 playoff games Boomer won get them my friend? NOTHING!!  They were still losers because they didn't win a SB. Nobody remembers who wins playoff games or who even loses the SB.  They only remember the SB champion unless you're the Bills and lose 4 SBs in a row!

Much better to lose the first one than to play in the last one?  Andy is the perfect quarterback for you.
Reply/Quote
I have zero problem with AD. I wanted him gone after the SD loss, but having a problem with him now is just holding on to old gripes. Sure there are things you can criticize him for, but along with AJ he is the team MVP.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:39 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Much better to lose the first one than to play in the last one?  Andy is the perfect quarterback for you.

Nobody gets a prize unless you win the last one.  Makes no difference which one you lose in the playoffs, because that makes you just one of the 31 losers regardless!  For someone who has followed this franchise it surprises me that you can't see that.
Reply/Quote