Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy's Looking Good In Camp
In this video, it's hard to tell if it's McCarron or Dalton making all the throws, but it looks encouraging if it's at least him on most of them (if not all).

He looks to have good zip on the ball, like he did on his pass to AJ in the game, and he had some nice deep balls, which really encouraged me.

A play that stood out to me is the one (around 1:30) where it's twins to one side with Eifert lined up at the opposite tight end and he ran a corner route, which worked perfectly because the safety was lined up inside and a backer sure as hell can't cover him one-on-one. I thought there was another one just like it, but I think that's an awesome weapon for us this year because it's very hard to cover with a tight end like Eifert. Even if they could cover it, that means taking a safety away from doubling AJ or loading the box, so we're golden either way.

I hope we see more plays like that and maybe even some with a tight end opposite him doing the same thing.
Reply/Quote
Eifert will make a ton of difference in the passing game. He reminds me of another TE out of Notre Dame, Mark Bavarro.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_myk6i9dlaY1t84470o1_540.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In this video, it's hard to tell if it's McCarron or Dalton making all the throws, but it looks encouraging if it's at least him on most of them (if not all).

He looks to have good zip on the ball, like he did on his pass to AJ in the game, and he had some nice deep balls, which really encouraged me.

A play that stood out to me is the one (around 1:30) where it's twins to one side with Eifert lined up at the opposite tight end and he ran a corner route, which worked perfectly because the safety was lined up inside and a backer sure as hell can't cover him one-on-one.  I thought there was another one just like it, but I think that's an awesome weapon for us this year because it's very hard to cover with a tight end like Eifert.  Even if they could cover it, that means taking a safety away from doubling AJ or loading the box, so we're golden either way.

I hope we see more plays like that and maybe even some with a tight end opposite him doing the same thing.
I couldn't see at all who was throwing the ball.  Eifert continues to shine.  Can't wait for the reg season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oddly misleading title. "Well, we don't know who was throwing which throws, so let's pretend the good ones were definitely Andy! WOO GO ANDY!"

I think that specific video shows a lot more of many other players and doesn't even really show much from the QB, no matter who it was. There were a few nice passes, a few wonky throws, and a few INTs or should be INTs.

It's great to see Eifert dominating out there and Dre Kirk playing like a CB1. It's awesome to see that Leon is getting praise and that he and Adam Jones are both doing their thing. Having 3 solid CBs and a good defensive line should help mask our mediocre or worse LBs, though it will be interesting to see what Dawson has to offer. I saw a few different receivers going up to make catches on some of the throws that weren't 100% on target, and that's always encouraging.

Thanks for the video, and I understand how PUMPED you must be to make a thread about this, but how can you watch that and your takeaway from it be "Andy is looking good in camp"?
Reply/Quote
I didn't see much of McCaron in that video. I seen Dalton, JJ, and Wenning (#3).
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 08:20 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Oddly misleading title. "Well, we don't know who was throwing which throws, so let's pretend the good ones were definitely Andy! WOO GO ANDY!"

I think that specific video shows a lot more of many other players and doesn't even really show much from the QB, no matter who it was. There were a few nice passes, a few wonky throws, and a few INTs or should be INTs.

It's great to see Eifert dominating out there and Dre Kirk playing like a CB1. It's awesome to see that Leon is getting praise and that he and Adam Jones are both doing their thing. Having 3 solid CBs and a good defensive line should help mask our mediocre or worse LBs, though it will be interesting to see what Dawson has to offer. I saw a few different receivers going up to make catches on some of the throws that weren't 100% on target, and that's always encouraging.

Thanks for the video, and I understand how PUMPED you must be to make a thread about this, but how can you watch that and your takeaway from it be "Andy is looking good in camp"?

Because: 1 it looks like Dalton in most of them, but I knew that if I posted it and it turned out to be different, I'd catch hell.  2  Eifert is a starter, and starters normally take reps with other starters, so my powers of deduction led me to believe that the passes to AJ, Eifert, Sanu, Jones, etc., were thrown by Dalton.  

I clicked the link to watch it in Youtube (just now) where I could make the video the entire screen, and you can see that it's Dalton on all the throws that caught my attention, and I actually only saw one incompletion.

So not a misleading title, even if I wasn't sure at first.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't see much of McCaron in that video. I seen Dalton, JJ, and Wenning (#3).

(08-19-2015, 09:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because: 1 it looks like Dalton in most of them, but I knew that if I posted it and it turned out to be different, I'd catch hell.  2  Eifert is a starter, and starters normally take reps with other starters, so my powers of deduction led me to believe that the passes to AJ, Eifert, Sanu, Jones, etc., were thrown by Dalton.  

I clicked the link to watch it in Youtube (just now) where I could make the video the entire screen, and you can see that it's Dalton on all the throws that caught my attention, and I actually only saw one incompletion.

So not a misleading title, even if I wasn't sure at first.

Yeah I saw Andy and JJ a lot. Some good throws, some meh. Anybody catch who was in at C for that REALLY bad snap? Johnson was definitely the QB for a couple of the really bad throws. I can safely say that we should all be able to tell the difference between those 2 at least LOL

Not taking away anything from Andy's solid throws, I'm still confused how anyone could watch that video and come away with being impressed enough by the QB play to create the heading as such. If anything, there are about 10 other players worthy of the title mentioning them. Me thinks someone knows whose name gets the attention.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:42 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah I saw Andy and JJ a lot. Some good throws, some meh. Anybody catch who was in at C for that REALLY bad snap? Johnson was definitely the QB for a couple of the really bad throws. I can safely say that we should all be able to tell the difference between those 2 at least LOL

Not taking away anything from Andy's solid throws, I'm still confused how anyone could watch that video and come away with being impressed enough by the QB play to create the heading as such. If anything, there are about 10 other players worthy of the title mentioning them. Me thinks someone knows whose name gets the attention.

You don't think those deep balls look better than they ever have from him before?

You don't think his throws to the sidelines had a lot of zip?

Also, 10 other players?  You really saw enough highlights of 10 other players to make a thread about?  Please share who they are.

Me thinks someone is a troll who likes to find any reason to ***** in replies to any of my posts to try to ridicule me.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. You don't think those deep balls look better than they ever have from him before?

2. You don't think his throws to the sidelines had a lot of zip?

3. Also, 10 other players?  You really saw enough highlights of 10 other players to make a thread about?  Please share who they are.

4. Me thinks someone is a troll who likes to find any reason to ***** in replies to any of my posts to try to ridicule me.

1. No.

2. They looked like his passes from early 2014 (which is a good thing). That should be expected from a starting NFL QB. This would be like starting a thread because Geno actually tackled someone and didn't let them walk past him untouched.

3. I saw at least 4/5 receivers (Eifert included) catching nice passes, 3 CBs doing work that was impressive, so yeah, there's 7-8 right there. I'm sure I could get a couple others if you want me to re-watch it that badly.

4. No Brad, I'm not out to get you. No one is. Stop the insanity. I'd be saying the same thing no matter who OP is. This thread just has a misleading title that you obviously used the guy's name for the clickbait and conversation stirring.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. No.

2. They looked like his passes from early 2014 (which is a good thing). That should be expected from a starting NFL QB. This would be like starting a thread because Geno actually tackled someone and didn't let them walk past him untouched.

3. I saw at least 4/5 receivers (Eifert included) catching nice passes, 3 CBs doing work that was impressive, so yeah, there's 7-8 right there. I'm sure I could get a couple others if you want me to re-watch it that badly.

4. No Brad, I'm not out to get you. No one is. Stop the insanity. I'd be saying the same thing no matter who OP is. This thread just has a misleading title that you obviously used the guy's name for the clickbait and conversation stirring.

1.  You're insane.

2.  Ok, so they looked good, and better than early 2014, which are both good things.  They were good throws, and it's the offseason, so people get excited about small things.

3.  That's not 10.  Did the players you're mentioning dominate the video more than any other player?  Was there enough plays from any other player to make starting a thread about it worthwhile?

4.  See above and see that that's incorrect and that the title isn't misleading because it's more Andy than anyone else, and not to mention that he's our quarterback, the most important player on our team, so him looking good is important.  And, yes, if you read most of your responses to my posts in other threads, you're very much a troll in responding to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:42 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah I saw Andy and JJ a lot. Some good throws, some meh. Anybody catch who was in at C for that REALLY bad snap? Johnson was definitely the QB for a couple of the really bad throws. I can safely say that we should all be able to tell the difference between those 2 at least LOL

well i believe they said andy is getting 70 % of the snaps... So most of any throws are probly him... lol just look for the guy with a double digit number on the jersey.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 10:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1.  You're insane.

2.  Ok, so they looked good, and better than early 2014, which are both good things.  They were good throws, and it's the offseason, so people get excited about small things.

3.  That's not 10.  Did the players you're mentioning dominate the video more than any other player?  Was there enough plays from any other player to make starting a thread about it worthwhile?

4.  See above and see that that's incorrect and that the title isn't misleading because it's more Andy than anyone else, and not to mention that he's our quarterback, the most important player on our team, so him looking good is important.  And, yes, if you read most of your responses to my posts in other threads, you're very much a troll in responding to me.

Oh, Brad being Brad. "That's not exactly 10! HA I WIN I GOT YOU!!!!". Listen, when someone makes a comment like "there are 10 other guys that would have made more sense.....", do you not realize that 10 is just a random number chosen to represent the fact that you made a misleading title? I didn't mean literally exactly 10, and I think everybody in the universe would realize that except for you. Settle down and stop going full-Brad-mode.

Andy looked fine. I don't know why you're getting all worked up over it. "Random starting QB throws a few complete passes in training camp", SOUND THE ALARMS! Brad is PUMPED!
Reply/Quote
That was a good watch, thanks Brad. We got to see some good things from a number of different guys, both offensively and defensively. Of course there were some not so good things too, but I'm not worried too much as it is still training camp. It was encouraging though and I really can't wait to see how we put it together come regular season. Like others have said, I think having Eifert in there could really make a difference.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think those deep balls look better than they ever have from him before?

You don't think his throws to the sidelines had a lot of zip?

Also, 10 other players?  You really saw enough highlights of 10 other players to make a thread about?  Please share who they are.

Me thinks someone is a troll who likes to find any reason to ***** in replies to any of my posts to try to ridicule me.

its too bad andy wilts under pressure in the playoffs and continues to over and underthrow wide open receivers..but yes, because he and dozens of other quarterbacks in the league look good in preseason and parctice, I sense we are seeing a new andy dalton Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 10:49 AM)xavierdude Wrote: its too bad andy wilts under pressure in the playoffs and continues to over and underthrow wide open receivers..but yes, because he and dozens of other quarterbacks in the league look good in preseason and parctice, I sense we are seeing a new andy dalton Wink

[Image: party-pooper.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 07:27 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I couldn't see at all who was throwing the ball.  Eifert continues to shine.  Can't wait for the reg season.

Missing Eifert last season was a huge blow to this offense.  In the few minutes he played you could tell that he was going to be a huge part of the offense last season.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm an Andy supporter, but he has always looked good in camp. He is a pretty smart QB and smart QBs always look good in camp.

The problem with Andy are his in game decisions under pressure, so we really won't know much till then.

The Giants game was a good buffer for what could be, but then again as Fred detailed in one depressing post, the Giants don't have the best defense.

At year 5, expect more of the same. Some days Andy will look like Drew Brees, other days he will look like Blake Bortles.

At the same time, I have a glimmer of hope that things will be different this year. Andy seems more mature to me, on the field and in the pressers.

Hopefully he took the next step and finally reaches his potential. Someday Andy will be a great QB in the league (instead of just good) but its hard to say which team that will be for.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 12:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well, I'm an Andy supporter, but he has always looked good in camp. He is a pretty smart QB and smart QBs always look good in camp.

The problem with Andy are his in game decisions under pressure, so we really won't know much till then.

The Giants game was a good buffer for what could be, but then again as Fred detailed in one depressing post, the Giants don't have the best defense.

At year 5, expect more of the same. Some days Andy will look like Drew Brees, other days he will look like Blake Bortles.

At the same time, I have a glimmer of hope that things will be different this year. Andy seems more mature to me, on the field and in the pressers.

Hopefully he took the next step and finally reaches his potential. Someday Andy will be a great QB in the league (instead of just good) but its hard to say which team that will be for.

well we know good defenses can make good qbs look bad.... just look at what our D has done to some of the better passers the last few years. Even last year when they werent playing very well.

Andy should be showing well vs a underwhelming D.... and usually does.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 10:24 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh, Brad being Brad. "That's not exactly 10! HA I WIN I GOT YOU!!!!". Listen, when someone makes a comment like "there are 10 other guys that would have made more sense.....", do you not realize that 10 is just a random number chosen to represent the fact that you made a misleading title? I didn't mean literally exactly 10, and I think everybody in the universe would realize that except for you. Settle down and stop going full-Brad-mode.

Andy looked fine. I don't know why you're getting all worked up over it. "Random starting QB throws a few complete passes in training camp", SOUND THE ALARMS! Brad is PUMPED!
Oh, dis being dis.  "I'll ignore the entire part about Andy dominating the highlights and the other players I mentioned getting little-to-no time!  I WIN!  I GOT YOU!"  

Listen, when someone posts something, you can't just take one thing that was wrong with it that had no relevance to the actual point of the post and act like it makes the entire post laughable.

The thread was about Andy being the star of the highlight, not the 10 other guys who had one or two appearances where they just looked like they were doing usual things, and I think everybody in the universe would understand that, except you. 

Stop trolling.

It's also significant because his deep balls looked good and he had some throws with a lot of zip, which, even if he has improved in recent years, it's still and on-going problem and he definitely looked better in those aspects.
(08-19-2015, 12:15 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Missing Eifert last season was a huge blow to this offense.  In the few minutes he played you could tell that he was going to be a huge part of the offense last season.
I'm very, very, VERY excited about Eifert because, like you said, he'll be a big part of the offense and a guy like him will be very difficult for defenses to account for.
(08-19-2015, 12:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well, I'm an Andy supporter, but he has always looked good in camp. He is a pretty smart QB and smart QBs always look good in camp.

Healthy Hill to take pressure off of the passing game, healthy AJ to be AJ, healthy Eifert to give defenses nightmares by being too good of a receiver for a backer to cover and too big for a safety, plus guys like Sanu and MLJ and I'm POSITIVE that things will be different and Andy will take his game to the next level  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote