Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anniversary coming up
(04-12-2016, 05:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are the blues really the the best way to celebrate something?

The Blues are a great way to celebrate. However, I am now opening up my options to Country because I'm not getting good results. We like all music but not really looking for a relaxing evening with rock or hip-hop. I would like a nice place we can sit at a table and listen to some good relaxing live music and experience the guitars.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OK. Has anyone experienced Dee Felice Café? I think Jazz and good food might be a nice touch on the evening.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Blues are a great way to celebrate. However, I am now opening up my options to Country because I'm not getting good results. We like all music but not really looking for a relaxing evening with rock or hip-hop. I would like a nice place we can sit at a table and listen to some good relaxing live music and experience the guitars.

I'm with ya on the blues....actually, the last time I was at Pappideaux's in Cincy, they had a nice little blues ensemble in the bar area, killer seafood.  I also caught Buddy Guy at Elk Creek Vineyards one year, GREAT atmosphere for romancing and good food.....and well, Buddy Guy, enough said.

Anywho, if you want to go the Honky Tonk scene, head to Nashville.  Go to Demos' Steakhouse, and get on down to Lower Broadway by at least 6 o'clock to catch the Don Kelly Band at Robert's Western World.  You won't be sorry.  Check 'em out on YouTube. ThumbsUp

I say Demos', because they are within walking distance of all of the bars. Jack's BBQ is killer, but obviously not a "fancy" establishment. There are several more elegant eateries in Nashville, but honestly, Demos' is very good, and VERY well priced. You can get a room, eats, and entertainment all within walking distance. There are also piano bars and a couple of blues bars in the area of Broadway as well. Nashville is a great weekend getaway. My wife and I go alone sometimes, and others with a few couples. We always have a fantastic time. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Blues are a great way to celebrate. However, I am now opening up my options to Country because I'm not getting good results. We like all music but not really looking for a relaxing evening with rock or hip-hop. I would like a nice place we can sit at a table and listen to some good relaxing live music and experience the guitars.

dont get me wrong i love blues music.

But never heard a happy blues song. but if its both of your jam go for it. Just dont request zep's babe im gonna leave you hahahahaha
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 05:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are the blues really the the best way to celebrate something?

Celebrate being broke, poor, and hungry
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: OK. Has anyone experienced Dee Felice Café? I think Jazz and good food might be a nice touch on the evening.

Never had a bad meal at Dee's and never saw a bad musician there. The nights they had their "big band" used to be amazing - assuming some version of that band still exists. Oh, and I don't know if the Blue Wisp is still in downtown Cincy but that was a very intimate jazz venue for many years - no food but drinks and a nice little room to enjoy music in.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Had a great time. Did the BB riverboat lunch cruise, newport aquarium, dined at Dee Felice and visited a few bars. Rode the shuttle all day so we didny have to worry about driving. Very cool. Price tag for the weekend was a little high, but wife had a great time so it was well worth it.

Reply/Quote