Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous Agent Wants His TE To Play For Us
I'd love it if they can find a way to sign CJ back. He's just one of those guys with an infectious personality that helps a team in many ways. And he's a decent TE.

Having said all of that there's just no way with all the Oline help we need and other areas we can pay him upper end TE money, I'd say.

I'm hoping the anonymous agent is for Gronk. I'd just love it if he'd sign up to play with JB for a reasonable amount.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 03:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not set in stone. That was reported like a week ago and still hasn't materialized. Njoku will probably get more than Uzomah because he's 3 years younger which is a ton, and while you say similar production Njoku played with one of the worst QBs in the league last year. Nobody on the Browns reached even 600 yards receiving last season because Baker was awful.

If mediocre TEs keep getting silly money though, it might be time to just stop using TEs. Lol

That said I would love Gronk or Ertz on a 2 year deal. Having improved production from the TE position in a short term deal would probably be ideal.

Wild, seems like Mayfield just plays his best games against us lol

We had 2 Receivers over 1,000 yards and the Stains couldn't get one above 600? LMAO!!!

Gronk or Ertz sound great to me as well.

(03-05-2022, 03:23 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I'd rather sign Gronk for 2yr/$16M, than Uzomah for, say, 3y/$30M. Uzomah is a solid player and a good locker room guy, but Gronk is a level above him. When a Hall of Famer is available in free agency and openly wants to play alongside your young, franchise QB, only a fool says no. Gronk would make a great red zone target and is still one of the best pure blockers at the TE position. I think he has plenty left in the tank. I love what Uzomah has done for this team, but, especially if at least 2 of Njoku, Gesicki, and Schultz are extended/tagged, somebody will get desperate and overpay.

(03-05-2022, 08:13 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I believe the Bengals let CJ test the market. This plays into the Bengals favor if they want him back for cheaper than his agent is telling him he's worth. I love UZO, but the truth is, he wasn't anything special until Burrow showed up. And yes, the skill is there in Free Agency. I don't see how we don't upgrade at that position. Even if its a prove it deal for OJH, or breaking the bank on a Gesicki. I want CJ back for the right price.

Agree.

(03-05-2022, 03:12 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I think so too. On paper the TE class looks great, but I expect Gesicki to both be tagged, and Njoku and Schultz to both be extended. That leaves Uzo, OJ, and Gronk as the biggest names. I really think that a team like, maybe the Chargers(?) offers CJ the bag. They really like Gesicki, per rumors, but I have a hard time seeing the Dolphins letting him go.

Just bring in one of the guys that say they want to play with Burrow. 

Prefer Gronk but would like Ertz if Gronk wants too much Mula.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 03:12 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I think so too. On paper the TE class looks great, but I expect Gesicki to both be tagged, and Njoku and Schultz to both be extended. That leaves Uzo, OJ, and Gronk as the biggest names. I really think that a team like, maybe the Chargers(?) offers CJ the bag. They really like Gesicki, per rumors, but I have a hard time seeing the Dolphins letting him go.

Dolphins might not want to pick that fight.

If they tag Gesicki he's going to fight to be tagged as a WR and will probably win. Last year he ran 92% of his routes from the slot or out wide, and he pass blocked on a grand total of 11 snaps all year. The defensive position that covered his routes the most last year? Cornerback.

Gesecki is good, but I don't think he's good enough to risk potentially being stuck with a $19m franchise tag number and setting a new precedent for the future of franchise tag fights.

Then again, maybe they just don't care. They certainly have the cap space.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 06:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dolphins might not want to pick that fight.

If they tag Gesicki he's going to fight to be tagged as a WR and will probably win. Last year he ran 92% of his routes from the slot or out wide, and he pass blocked on a grand total of 11 snaps all year. The defensive position that covered his routes the most last year? Cornerback.

Gesecki is good, but I don't think he's good enough to risk potentially being stuck with a $19m franchise tag number and setting a new precedent for the future of franchise tag fights.

Then again, maybe they just don't care. They certainly have the cap space.

Yea probably not worth risking the tag then if he argues about being tagged as a WR vs TE.

He was 8th among TEs in receiving yards, but he was 45th including everyone.
He's definitely not worth WR tag money lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Njoku just got tagged. For those wanting Gronk, realize you are only going to get him for part of the season. He's always injured.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Njoku just got tagged. For those wanting Gronk, realize you are only going to get him for part of the season. He's always injured.

This is why I’m more partial to Howard. Gronk does always seem to be hurt. At least with Howard, you get a guy with much more tread on the tires. I feel like people want Gronk cuz he’s a name with some star power.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 10:05 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This is why I’m more partial to Howard. Gronk does always seem to be hurt. At least with Howard, you get a guy with much more tread on the tires. I feel like people want Gronk cuz he’s a name with some star power.

Gronk is a damn good blocker too and said he wanted to play with Burrow. 

But yeah, if we do bring in Gronk we have to assume he will get injured at some point during the year and miss games.

I like OJ Howard still, just think he has had TE's in front of him and that hasn't helped him develop in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Njoku just got tagged. For those wanting Gronk, realize you are only going to get him for part of the season. He's always injured.

(03-08-2022, 10:05 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This is why I’m more partial to Howard. Gronk does always seem to be hurt. At least with Howard, you get a guy with much more tread on the tires. I feel like people want Gronk cuz he’s a name with some star power.

(03-08-2022, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gronk is a damn good blocker too and said he wanted to play with Burrow. 

But yeah, if we do bring in Gronk we have to assume he will get injured at some point during the year and miss games.

I like OJ Howard still, just think he has had TE's in front of him and that hasn't helped him develop in the NFL.

Especially with our luck with injuries.
Reply/Quote

Gronk was 3rdin the league last year amongst TE's in yards/game.  He will likely miss a handful of games, but he's still an elite 2-Way TE when he's out there.

Howard is a career disappointment.  Basically just a bunch of draft hype that never planned out.  
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Gronk was 3rdin the league last year amongst TE's in yards/game.  He will likely miss a handful of games, but he's still an elite 2-Way TE when he's out there.

Howard is a career disappointment.  Basically just a bunch of draft hype that never planned out.  

Howard was considered a generational TE coming out (yes, on the level of Kyle Pitts last year).  Due to injuries, Cameron Brate's rapport with J. Winston, Mike Evans, and Godwin, OJ had to compete for targets and got delayed.  Then Gronk, Tom, and AB came over and more so he got lost in the crowd.  He is a very good receiving TE from his film from Bama and is still young.  He just needs a change of scenery.  I wanted OJ and his potential mismatches all the way back then and I hope that he is the mystery TE FA.
Reply/Quote
Schultz, Gesicki and Njoku all were tagged. So unless there is a sign and trade deal they aren't going to be moving this off-season.

That leaves the oft-injured frat boy douchebag known as Gronk or the former 1st rounder that needs a re-boot in Howard for potential outside the team targets.

It also means CJ is going to cost a little more as there will be competition for his services.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 04:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Schultz, Gesicki and Njoku all were tagged. So unless there is a sign and trade deal they aren't going to be moving this off-season.

That leaves the oft-injured frat boy douchebag known as Gronk or the former 1st rounder that needs a re-boot in Howard for potential outside the team targets.

It also means CJ is going to cost a little more as there will be competition for his services.

I think Ertz is also a FA?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:11 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Ertz is also a FA?

True Ertz is also a FA.

And he would make sense from an agent stand point, but not sure if he fits from an age/health stand-point.

I like the guy but I just think he has peaked already, and if it isn't going to be CJ who already has chemistry bring me the younger guy like Howard that might be able to peak while with the Bengals in a playoff run window.

And let me clarify, Ertz at his peak was amazing. 1K rec yards and 8 TDs. However, if you look at his production like a bell curve you'll see the side we are on now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote