Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Anonymous" = Miles Taylor
(10-29-2020, 10:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: Hehe... yeah, I can't fight the urge to mention it for one more time: You root for Trump to lose as hard as anyone, you make that clear basically on a daily basis, yet you decide not to contribute to this very much desired outcome of yours. In a crucial swing state.

I know you've got your reasons and I respect that, but still, couldn't fight bringing it up one last time. May I be forgiven.

I only get 1 vote and what I want most of all is a viable 3rd party.  As I said in 2016 if the democrats need my vote they're already screwed.  

Plus, 8 years of Trump and 2 losing retread Democrat flops could truly lead to a 3rd party resurgence.  Or the 2024 election could be "too important" for anyone to vote 3rd party just like every election from 1976 on. 

Also, everyone who hated Clinton in 16 should have voted for Johnson so when Trump won we'd at least have a 3rd option now.  Fiscal conservatism and genuine freedom keep getting pushed aside because democrats need all hands on deck to defeat a celebrity wanna be dictator.  

On the plus side my ultra liberal family and my wife's ultra conservative family can both hassle me about letting the bad guys win.  That's fun.  It's like getting two votes, really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I only get 1 vote and what I want most of all is a viable 3rd party.  As I said in 2016 if the democrats need my vote they're already screwed.  

Plus, 8 years of Trump and 2 losing retread Democrat flops could truly lead to a 3rd party resurgence.  Or the 2024 election could be "too important" for anyone to vote 3rd party just like every election from 1976 on. 

Also, everyone who hated Clinton in 16 should have voted for Johnson so when Trump won we'd at least have a 3rd option now.  Fiscal conservatism and genuine freedom keep getting pushed aside because democrats need all hands on deck to defeat a celebrity wanna be dictator.  

On the plus side my ultra liberal family and my wife's ultra conservative family can both hassle me about letting the bad guys win.  That's fun.  It's like getting two votes, really.

There is no viability for a 3rd party without ranked-choice voting in the U.S., as only then can people wade into it without feeling like they are throwing their vote away. Until then voting 3rd party is no different than voting for Mickey Mouse.
Reply/Quote
Oh yea, I forgot all about that anonymous stuff.

Well, good for Miles.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is no viability in a 3rd party without ranked-choice voting in the U.S., as only then can people wade into it without feeling like they are throwing their vote away. Until then voting 3rd party is no different than voting for Mickey Mouse.

I'm not disagreeing with that.  I can see why people find comfort in voting the way they do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh yea, I forgot all about that anonymous stuff.

Well, good for Miles.

This was pretty much my response to it all. I was trying to figure out what to say about it, but this just sums it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was pretty much my response to it all. I was trying to figure out what to say about it, but this just sums it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn't it all just a piss in the ocean by this point?  Dare I say another person turning on Trump would bolster his supporters more than anything. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, in a river. My vote is going in the trash because I'm voting for Jorgensen thank you very much. 

Al Jourgenson?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Al Jourgenson?

Al Jolson?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was pretty much my response to it all. I was trying to figure out what to say about it, but this just sums it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is my general response to just about anything that comes out of this administration.

"Huh, look at that. Another story about how awful this administration is, how corrupt they are, how blatantly they disregard the rules, standards, norms and understood values of our society and how little they care about the constitution...Anyway, do you want to go get something to eat?"

Even the big things like them being absurdly hypocritical regarding the supreme court or them downplaying a pandemic to the tune of 230k+ deaths. 

I'm not sure what that says about me but I've been so desensitized to scandal that it really just doesn't phase me anymore.

Every single story about Trump would be headline news for months of another administration (especially the Obama administration). But for him, they slide off like water off a duck's back. It's just become America's new normal.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: Hehe... yeah, I can't fight the urge to mention it for one more time: You root for Trump to lose as hard as anyone, you make that clear basically on a daily basis, yet you decide not to contribute to this very much desired outcome of yours. In a crucial swing state.

I know you've got your reasons and I respect that, but still, couldn't fight bringing it up one last time. May I be forgiven.

The point of an election is to vote for who you want to win, not against who you want to lose. Yes, many times the candidates suck and you find yourself voting against someone as to voting FOR someone. However, if there's someone you really want to vote for, you vote for him or her even if they're unlikely to win. 

If Nately likes Jorgensen and wants to vote for him, he should and no one should try to convince him otherwise (well, outside of typical this candidate is better type arguments)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The point of an election is to vote for who you want to win, not against who you want to lose. Yes, many times the candidates suck and you find yourself voting against someone as to voting FOR someone. However, if there's someone you really want to vote for, you vote for him or her even if they're unlikely to win. 

If Nately likes Jorgensen and wants to vote for him, he should and no one should try to convince him otherwise (well, outside of typical this candidate is better type arguments)

Well there is a certain amount of deductive reasoning involved in this too. I experienced it myself where I don't want Trump to win and find myself looking for reasons to like Biden in response. I'd wager a lot of anti Hillary sentiment led to people "finding good" in Trump in 16.

I don't want Trump to win, Biden is the only one who can beat him ergo I DO want Biden to win. Stuff like that. 

And I appreciate you defending my vote but I'm all about people arguing with me about it. What little I've learned on this earth I owe to logical and open exchanging of views. 

Also a sad laugh for Jorgensen being so pushed out of the National spotlight that you don't know she is a woman. Oof. The mainstream media keeps whom down?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Nately likes Jorgensen and wants to vote for him, he should and no one should try to convince him otherwise (well, outside of typical this candidate is better type arguments)

It was not my intention to tell him what to do or to tell him that he is wrong. I just wondered because Nately makes it so blatantly clear how urgently he wants Trump to lose... just makes me curious that's all.
Jorgensen is not "unlikely" to win, it is 100% impossible for her to win and it ends up being either Biden or Trump. I for one would have a hard time neglecting that reality if I were so much against a second Trump term, but hey he has his reasons and as I said, I respect them and did not intend to imply otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: It was not my intention to tell him what to do or to tell him that he is wrong. I just wondered because Nately makes it so blatantly clear how urgently he wants Trump to lose... just makes me curious that's all.
Jorgensen is not "unlikely" to win, it is 100% impossible for her to win and it ends up being either Biden or Trump. I for one would have a hard time neglecting that reality if I were so much against a second Trump term, but hey he has his reasons and as I said, I respect them and did not intend to imply otherwise.

Hey I welcome the retort. I want the Bengals to win the AFC North and it's pretty impossible.  But i still want the Browns, a team I don't directly endorse, to beat the Steelers whom I dislike the most and am sick of seeing. 

So I'll root for Biden and I won't rule out voting for him but I agree with more Libertarian policies than democrat ones and I'm still secure in the knowledge that I didnt vote for Trump. 

Also I started off my political life by voting for Gore, Kerry, and Obama. So I've caved to the fear of Bush and Palin, at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is no viability for a 3rd party without ranked-choice voting in the U.S., as only then can people wade into it without feeling like they are throwing their vote away. Until then voting 3rd party is no different than voting for Mickey Mouse.

The same could be said for voting for Biden in Alabama or Trump in Cali.

KANYE 2020
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The same could be said for voting for Biden in Alabama or Trump in Cali.

KANYE 2020

One of my liberal pals pointed out that he's ended up on the losing end of elections almost as much as I have and I haven't even been trying to win since 2008. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The same could be said for voting for Biden in Alabama or Trump in Cali.

KANYE 2020

This is also true, which is why the electoral college is a sham. The issue is we will never eliminate the electoral college because it requires an amendment and things are too divisive at this point, we can get ranked-choice voting in state by state so there is some hope there.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is my general response to just about anything that comes out of this administration.

"Huh, look at that. Another story about how awful this administration is, how corrupt they are, how blatantly they disregard the rules, standards, norms and understood values of our society and how little they care about the constitution...Anyway, do you want to go get something to eat?"

Even the big things like them being absurdly hypocritical regarding the supreme court or them downplaying a pandemic to the tune of 230k+ deaths. 

I'm not sure what that says about me but I've been so desensitized to scandal that it really just doesn't phase me anymore.

Every single story about Trump would be headline news for months of another administration (especially the Obama administration). But for him, they slide off like water off a duck's back. It's just become America's new normal.

The Bengals org has been preparing you for this day!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is also true, which is why the electoral college is a sham. The issue is we will never eliminate the electoral college because it requires an amendment and things are too divisive at this point, we can get ranked-choice voting in state by state so there is some hope there.

We don't even have to get rid of the EC.  We just need to do away with the "winner take all" format.  And that is up to each individual state.
Reply/Quote

KANYE 2020

At least you proved mental illness isn’t a disqualifying condition for POTUS in your mind.

Not sure why you think nepotism is a big deal if mental illness isn’t.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: When I was 3 my father took me with him to vote so I can say I witnessed in person one of the dozen votes cast for Walter Mondale. 

LOL I witnessed me voting for him.
Reply/Quote